RMB Business for Hong Kong or Macau Residents
Hong Kong and Macau residents can now open a RMB account in Mainland China with ease. Whether you need RMB for an investment, a holiday in China or even riding on the RMB appreciation, we have just the account for you.
- Remit1 your RMB currency from Hong Kong or Macau directly to your mainland China account and earn higher interest rates. Click here for details of our deposits interest rates.
- Your RMB Account can be used for cash withdrawals as well as opening Time Deposits2.
- The RMB funds remitted from Hong Kong or Macau and the interest incurred may be remitted back to Hong Kong and Macau, but cannot be used as other payment transfers or be transferred to another Settlement Account.
- Hong Kong residents can remit up to RMB80,000 a day from Hong Kong.
- Macau residents can remit up to RMB50,000 a day from Macau.
- Easy access to your RMB funds over the counter at any of our Standard Chartered branches in China.
For more information, please visit any of our branches or call our 24-hour Customer Care Centre Hotline on 800 820 8088. If you are using a mobile phone or dialling from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan or areas outside China, please call: (86 755) 2589 2333.
1 RMB remittance from Hong Kong and Macau cannot be directly transferred to the beneficiary's RMB settlement account, or another person's RMB account. If the beneficiary and the remitter is not the same person or are joint account holders, then this remittance must be returned back to Hong Kong and Macau. No withdrawal or transfer is allowed.
2 The Time Deposit account, interest account and maturity account must belong to the same account holder of the RMB savings account who remitted the RMB funds to China from Hong Kong and Macau.