This Important Notice shall be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions and other documents in relation to the products and services offered to Priority Banking customers. This Notice shall not be construed in any way to replace or substitute our Terms and Conditions or any other document offered to the customer in relation to our products and services. In case of any consistency between this Important Notice and our Terms and Conditions the provisions contained therein shall prevail.
In this Important Notice, "you" refers to a sole customer of Standard Chartered PLC and its subsidiaries or affiliates (including each branch or representative office in any jurisdiction) (together the “Bank”), or collectively, two or more joint customers of the Bank, who has/have jointly applied for Priority Banking membership and whose application has been accepted by the Bank.
- A monthly maintenance fee (the “PB Fee”) may be imposed by the Bank from time to time in the Bank’s sole discretion and, when imposed, will be payable by you, in the event that the monthly average credit balance in the accounts(s) (whether sole or joint) in your name fall below the minimum average balance prescribed by the Bank from time to time. The Bank will be entitled to automatically debit such PB Fee from your account(s) when the PB Fee becomes due and payable. Where Priority Banking membership is held jointly by you and another person, the PB Fee will be payable by you in the event that the monthly average credit balance in account(s) held by you and the other person falls below the requisite minimum average balance.
- Renewal of Priority Banking membership will be valid for one year from the date of joining and subject to renewal every year at the Bank’s sole discretion.
- Priority Banking membership is extended to you at the Bank’s sole discretion and the Bank may cancel your Priority Banking membership at any time without any obligation to give you any notice or reasons.
- International Banking Services are provided to you at the Bank’s sole discretion and are subject to local regulations.
- All priority banking privileges will be terminated forthwith upon the death or bankruptcy of the customer.
- You may terminate your Priority Banking membership by giving the Bank written notice.
- You will promptly notify the Bank of any change of your residential or work address and contact details.