Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should anyone use a Credit Card?
A Credit Card provides convenience, safety and monitoring of all expenses. It is also helpful in managing finances as it provides up to 50 days of interest free credit. Credit Cards can be used at over 35 million establishments across 200 countries and can also be used to withdraw cash (subject to fees), if required. Further, Standard Chartered Visa Credit Cards also offer unmatched benefits like “buy 1 get 1” offer, discount offers at select outlets and can avail free gifts with unique 360° Rewards programme.
- What are the different types of Credit Cards offered by Standard Chartered Bank?
Standard Chartered Bank today offers different types of Credit Card products depending on need of the customer, preference and lifestyle.
The cards are:
- Visa Platinum
- Visa Infinite
- Falconflyer Visa Blue
- Falconflyer Visa Silver
- Falconflyer Visa Gold
- Who is eligible for a Standard Chartered Credit Card?
Standard Chartered Credit Cards can be applied for by any resident in Bahrain (expats included). The applicant should be salaried or self-employed and have a Bahrain CPR. They should be between 21 – 60 years of age and earning a minimum salary of BD 300 per month.
- What documents are required to apply?
Documentation is fairly simple. In addition to an application form, the following documents are required:
- Copy of CPR and Passport (with valid Residence Visa page for expats)
- Last 3 months bank account statement (showing salary credit for salaried OR Business transactional account for self-employed)
- Latest original salary slip and employment confirmation letter if salaried OR proof of ownership of business and copy of CR if self-employed)
- Credit Bureau Form
- What are the credit limits that can be set-up?
Credit Limit is the maximum debit balance permitted by the bank for all your credit card accounts. Credit limits are assigned depending on the Income, Employment status, Credit Bureau Check and type of Credit Card product. You can also apply for supplementary cards for your loved ones and assign a pre-set credit limit.
- What are the benefits of Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards?
Standard Chartered Visa Credit Cards are designed to complement your lifestyle. Chose from 5 fantastic credit cards and enjoy the best in life.
You will enjoy the following benefits on all Credit cards:
- Discount offers ( up to 20% discount in 50+ venues such as restaurants, outlets, pubs, spas & more)
- Get 50% discount on movie tickets at Cineco
- Complimentary beverages at Costa Coffee
- Reward Programmes
- Online Banking , Free SMS alert
- Purchase Protection & Extended Warranty
- Up to 50 days Interest free Credit Period
Gulf Air Falconflyer Visa ( Gold, Silver,Blue)
- What is the Minimum Monthly Repayment on my Credit Card?
The Monthly Minimum Amount Due is 1% of retail balance (spends) every month (plus any due fees and charges)
- How can I repay my Credit Card Dues?
- Set up a standing instruction if you have an account with Standard Chartered Bank
- Account transfer, cheque or cash deposit at any Standard Chartered Branch
- Pay via Online Banking or pay via Phone Banking
- Pay at any Standard Chartered Bank Cash Deposit Machine
- How long does it take to get a Standard Chartered Credit Card?
The Credit Card is normally delivered to your door step within 10 working days of receiving a complete application.
Term & Condition Apply
For more information or to apply, please call our 24 hour Phone Banking Unit on 17 531 532 .