About the Service
- What is Standard Chartered Online Banking?
A simple, hassle-free and secured Internet banking services that allows Standard Chartered customers to perform banking transactions through the Internet anywhere and anytime of the day.
- What are the benefits for using this service?
We continue to enhance our Online Banking to serve you better with the following features:
- Conveniently transfer funds locally and internationally
- eStatements with email alerts
- Update your personal particulars in just a few clicks
- Make bill payment to various billers
- Make Credit Card payment
- 360 Reward Points Redemption
- Set up Standing Instruction
- Global Link (exclusively for Priority Banking clients)
- Customise SMS Alerts
- intuitive navigation shortcuts
- personalised account options
- simpler and faster transaction flow
- Consolidated online payment and transfer history
- Instant Internet PIN application/ activation
- Greater security with dual factor authentication (2FA) via SMS
Enhanced experience with:
- Are the services available 24-hours?
Yes. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we do conduct periodic maintenance on our servers to ensure that they are at optimum operational efficiency.
- Can I access the service from overseas?
Yes, except from Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, and Syria.
Application for the Service
- Who can apply for this service?
Individuals: You must have at least a transactional, investment, card or loan account with Standard Chartered Bank Brunei
Companies: You must have at least a transactional, investment, card or loan account with Standard Chartered Bank Brunei and register for Business Online Banking.
- How do I apply for this service?
- Registration with your ATM Card and PIN
- Registration with your account number and mobile number
- Registration with your Credit Card and PIN
- Registration by contacting our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre
- What do I need in order to use this service?
You need to have an active mobile number through which you can receive your Temporary Password and an electronic transaction authorisation code (eTAC) to complete the transaction.
- Can I use this service immediately after application?
Yes. Upon receiving your Online BankingTemporary ID and Temporary Password, you may start using the service right away.
- Do I have to pay using this service? / Is there extra charge for this service?
This service is free of charge.
- How can I update my mobile phone number?
You can visit any of our branches or simply call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000
First Time Login (New Customers)
What should I do when accessing the Internet Banking service for the first time?
- Ensure that you have a PC with the required configuration.
- Ensure that you have received the OnlineBanking Temporary ID either through our Phone Banking Centre or branch, depending on how you registered.
- Make sure that you have received your Temporary Password via SMS
- Visit www.sc.com/bn and select ‘Login to Online Banking’ under Online Services.
- Once you see the Login Page, click on ‘SMS Pin Registration’ tab.
- Key in the Temporary ID and Temporary Password. Go to next.
- Upon successful authentication, you will need to create a new username and password.
You will no longer require your Temporary ID and Temporary Password after successful creation of your username and password.
- What is an Internet Banking Temporary ID?
Temporary ID is a 9-digit number issued to each registered customer. This number is used for the purpose of identification when you activate your OnlineBanking account.
- What is a Temporary Password?
Temporary Password is a random 6-digit number generated during registration. This is the PIN that you would use to login to OnlineBanking together with your Temporary ID. This PIN is unique to each customer for the purpose of first time activation or login.
- How will I receive the Temporary Password?
You will receive your Temporary Password through SMS directly to your registered mobile phone, instantly upon registration.
- Is there an expiry date for the Temporary Password?
Yes. The SMS Temporary Password normally expires within 72 hours. You will need to activate your OnlineBanking account within this period. If your Temporary Password has expired before you are able to activate your account, please contact our Phone Banking Centre for re-registration. To avoid confusion, it is advisable to delete the SMS from your mobile phone when you have successfully logged in to Online Banking with the Temporary Password.
- Can I use my ATM PIN to log in or use my Phone Banking PIN?
No, your Online Banking Temporary ID, Temporary Password and eTAC are unique to the OnlineBanking service.
Login For Existing Customers
- What happens when my ID is invalid?
You will need to re-apply for a new set of ID and PIN. Please contact our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 for re-application.
- Can I change my PIN?
Yes, you may change your PIN any time using the 'Change Password' service to ensure security.
- What should I do if I suspect that my PIN has been stolen or exposed to others?
If you suspect that your PIN has been stolen or exposed to others, please call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 to terminate the PIN immediately. We will issue you a new set of ID and PIN.
- Will my access be locked after multiple unsuccessful attempts? How can I get it unlocked?
To protect your accounts, your access will be locked after 3 unsuccessful attempts. You can have it unlocked by calling our Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 or by visiting any of our branches.
Account Information and Services
- Can I see a summary of my accounts?
Yes. You can see a summary of your accounts at the Overview Homepage once you have logged in to Online Banking.
- Can I view the transactions under my accounts?
Yes, just click on "Transaction details" and select the individual account for transaction details.
- Which of my personal accounts can I view online?
- Brunei Dollar Deposit Account
- Foreign Currency Deposit Account
- Investment Account (Structured Deposits and Premium Currency Investment)
- Personal Loan
- Mortgage Loan
- Credit Card
- How far back can I view my transaction details?
You can view transactional details up to 12 months for current and saving accounts and last 3 months for credit card statements.
- Can I download and save my account information and latest transactions?
Yes. You can select your latest transaction or historical transactions that you wish to keep and click on the 'Download CSV file' button to save the information.
- Can I view my company/business accounts online?
Yes, for Sole Proprietors only.
Please call our Business Banking hotline at 265 8008 for further information.
What are the various services available?
- Account information
- Account Summary
- Transaction Details
- Credit Card Transaction History
- Credit Card Enquiry
- Loan Enquiry
- Funds Transfers and Payments
- Fund Transfer between Own Standard Chartered Accounts
- Fund Transfer to Third Party Standard Chartered Accounts
- Fund Transfer to Account with Other Bank
- Bill Payment
- Telegraphic Transfer
- Credit Card Payment
- Standing Instruction
- View eStatements
- eStatements Subscriptions
- eStatements Settings
- Market Watch
- What kind of funds transfers are available?
You can transfer funds between your own Standard Chartered accounts, to third party Standard Chartered accounts and Telegraphic Transfer.
- Do I need to pre-register third party payees before I can use the funds transfer function?
Yes, you will need to add the third party accounts as beneficiaries before you can make a third party funds transfer.
- How do I pre-register third party Standard Chartered accounts and other bank's accounts online?
To add beneficiary under "Account with Standard Chartered Bank", you will need to indicate beneficiary's account number, beneficiary name and currency details.
To add beneficiary under "Account with Other Bank", you will need to indicate beneficiary's name, beneficiary's bank, account number and contact details.
To add beneficiary under "Telegraphic Transfers", you will need to indicate beneficiary's name, country to which you would like to transfer payment to and the remitting currency, beneficiary's account number, beneficiary's bank, bank country, bank address and swift code.
- How long do I need to wait after pre-registering the account before I can transfer funds?
Once the account has been successfully registered, you may proceed to transfer funds immediately.
- Can I remove the payee account if I no longer need it or if I have registered incorrectly?
Yes. Simply select the third party payee from the existing payee list and click 'Remove'.
- When will the funds be available in the receiving account after I perform a Fund Transfer to an account within Standard Chartered?
Fund transfer to other Standard Chartered BND and Foreign Currency accounts will take effect immediately after the transaction.
- When will the funds be available in the receiving account after I make Account with Other Bank fund transfer?
Funds will usually be available to payee in two to three business days, subject to the receiving bank. However, the amount will be debited from your Standard Chartered account on the same day for immediate transfer. It is advisable you make allowance and pay one business day before the due date to cater for any unforeseen delays.
- How do I know if my fund transfer to other banks is successful?
The successful transfer will be reflected in your month-end statement. However, should the fund transfer be unsuccessful, you will receive a call from the Bank to notify you of the failed transaction.
- When will I get back the funds when my fund transfer to other banks is not successful?
If your fund transfer to other banks is rejected, the transferred amount will be credited back to your account within a week, subject to the payee bank.
- Is there a maximum limit on the amount of funds I can transfer?
For transfer of funds between your own accounts, to a third party Standard Chartered account oraccount with other banks and tlegraphic transfers, you can transfer up to the maximum daily limit of BND30, 000.
- Can I lower the maximum daily limits for third-party Funds Transfer and subsequently increase it online?
Yes. You can lower the daily limit anytime, via ‘Set Transfer Limit’ function in Online Banking.
- What if I need to transfer more than BND30,000 a day?
If you wish to transfer more than BND30,000 a day, you will need to visit our branch and perform the transaction over the counter.
To reset back to the original daily limit, you can amend it via 'Set Transfer Limit' in Online Banking.
- Can I do a foreign currency transfer via Online Banking?
Yes, you can do a cross currency transfer using our fund transfer function or via Telegraphic Transfer for international transfers.
- If a fund transfer was made on a public holiday, when will the funds be available in the receiving account?
Transactions done on a public holiday/ non-business day will be processed in two to three business days.
- What is Bill Payment?
Bill Payment allows you to make online payment to any of our participating billing organisations.
- What are the advantages of paying bills online?
Paying bills online saves you the hassle of writing cheques and queuing at the counter. What's more, you can avoid late payment charges as you can make immediate payment, set a future date or schedule recurring instructions for your bill payment.
- Who can use this bill payment service?
As long as you have a BND savings or current account and the bill reference number, you will be able to use this service to pay your bills.
- Who can I pay to?
You can pay bills to any of our 14 participating billing organisations. To find out more, loginto Onternet Banking now. Look out for more participating billing organisations as we are constantly enhancing our bill payment service.
- How do I know my bill reference number?
Your bill reference is provided by the billing company, and is usually the account/card number printed on your payment/invoice slip. If you are unsure, please check with the billing company.
- How do I add new billing organisations that I wish to pay?
You will need to do a one-time set up to add the billing organisation that you wish to make payment to. Simply go to 'Payments' and click on ‘Add a new biller' under 'Payment Overview'. Select the billing type and name that you wish to set up, enter the billing reference and click on 'Confirm’. The set up requires eTAC to complete.
- How do I know that my bill payment transaction is successful?
The successful bill payment history will be reflected in your next billing statement with the respective billing organisations. You can view your bill payment history for up to 10 transactions.
- How long will it take for the billing organisation to receive the payment?
Please allow at least two to three working days from your payment date for the payee to receive your payment. To avoid late payment, it is advisable to make payment at least three working days in advance so there is sufficient time for processing.
- Can I set a future date or scheduled instruction for my bill payment?
No, it is not possible to set future standing orders to any billing organisations via Online Banking. However, you may visit any of our branches to set up your standing order.
- What happens if my account has insufficient funds?
You need to ensure that sufficient funds are available by the effective due date. Should there be insufficient funds in your account, your payment instruction will be rejected.
International Funds Transfer
- What is International Funds Transfer?
Telegraphic Fund Transfer allows you to transfer funds to accounts overseas.
- How does Telegraphic Fund Transfer work?
First, you will have to add telegraphic transfer beneficiary by filling in the payee details. Funds can then be transferred to the payee.
- Do I have to pay for using this service?
Please visit our website and refer to our Tariff Booklet at http://sc.com/bn/tariffs/booklet.pdf
- Is there a limit to how much I can transfer daily?
Yes, all telegraphic transfers are subject to a daily limit of BND30,000.00 or equivalent.
|Service||Monday – Friday||Saturday|
|Telegraphic Transfer||4:00PM||11:30 AM|
You can check your debiting account to verify that the transaction has been processed Alternatively, you can check under ‘Account’ and click on ‘Transaction Details’ to check whether the transaction has been successfully processed. All successful transfers will be reflected in your month-end statement.
The amount will be debited from your account only after we have successfully processed your transaction.
The funds will reach your beneficiary in approximately two to three working days depending on when your beneficiary's bank releases the funds.
Once the request application has been submitted, you will not be able to cancel the transfer. Please ensure details are entered correctly before submitting for processing.
Please contact our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 for assistance.
We have ensured this service complies to the highest security standards. For added security, dual-factor authentication with the use of an Electronic Transfer Authentication Code (eTAC) is required to complete the instruction.
- What are the card services available online?
- Credit Card Balance enquiry
- Credit Card Details
- Credit Card Transaction Details
- Credit Card Payment
- Credit Card eStatement Registration
- 360 Reward Points Redemption
- How do I view my credit card statement?
You can view your latest Standard Chartered Credit Card statement and your past three months statements online. All you need to do is to click on ‘Transaction History' under 'Credit Card' and indicate the transaction period.
- How do I pay my credit card bills online?
You can make payment for your Standard Chartered Credit Card outstanding balance by debiting your current or savings account.
To pay for your personal credit cards, simply click on 'Credit Card Payment' under ‘Credit Card’ and select the card you wish to pay. You have the options to pay Outstanding, Minimum or Full amount.
- Can I pay a third-party Standard Chartered Credit Card?
Yes, you can pay for a third party Standard Chartered credit card. Simply go to ‘Other Billers’ under ‘Payments’ and add a new biller or make a one-time payment. Click on ‘Credit Card’ under ‘Biller Type’ and fill in your payee's credit card details. Once you have successfully submitted the information, you can pay bills immediately.
If you wish to set up a standing order for third party Standard Chartered credit card payment please visit any of our branches.
- When will my credit card account be updated?
Your credit card account will be updated the next working day of the payment date.
- Can I increase my credit card limit online?
No, you will not be able to increase your credit card limit online. Please call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre to request for limit increase.
- What are the loan services available online?
- Loans Balance Enquiry
- Loans Details Enquiry
- Can I view my Loans statements?
No, your loan statement is currently not available online.
- How do I pay my Loans online?
Loan payments are deducted from your account automatically through the set up of standing order.
- Can I change my personal details through OnlineBanking?
As an existing customer, you can perform personal information maintenance to update yourpersonal particulars and set up personalised options for your accounts.
- What is the Mail Box used for in OnlineBanking?
The Mail Box feature i allows you to retrieve any messages that the Bank sends to you. It is also used to notify you of any transactions that have been successfully processed, as well as those that have failed. It is recommended that you check your mail box regularly.
- Can I use the Mail Box to send emails to my friends?
No, the Mail Box is only used for communication between you and Standard Chartered Bank Brunei. For security reasons, we do not accept any instructions relating to financial transactions through the Mail Box.
- What types of rates can I view through Internet Banking?
Currently, you are able to view the latest Foreign Exchange rates in Online Banking under 'Market Watch'.
Hardware and Software (System Requirements)
What hardware and software do I need to use this service?
Minimum Hardware Requirement Minimum Software Requirement PC with Pentium 166 MHz processor or higher Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP operating system 32 MB RAM or higher Netscape Communicator Version 4.6 or above* (Note: currently Netscape 6.x not supported) minimum, 800 x 600 screen resolution SVGA or higher resolution monitor, 256 colours Mozilla Version 1.7.7 and above Modem of 56kbps or higher Mozilla Firefox Version 1.0.4 and above Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 5.01 with Service Pack 2 or above*
- How do I know the version of the browser I'm using?
If you are using any of the following browser:
Internet Explorer Click on [Help]
Click on [About Internet Explorer]
Click on [OK]
Mozilla Firefox Click on [Help]
Click on [About Mozilla Firefox]
Click on [OK]
Google Chrome Click on [Help]
Click on [Google Chrome]
Click on [OK]
Safari Click on [Help]
Click on [Safari]
Click on [OK]
- What should I do if I use a browser whose version is older than the recommended one?
You need to install the required browser before you access our Online Banking service. You may find more information on this at the following public websites:
- What display setting should I use for this service?
Our website is optimised for view with screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
- I'm a Macintosh user. Will I be able to access this service?
You can now enjoy a new experience with the same convenience by logging-on to Standard Chartered Online via Safari browser on a Macintosh.
- How secure is this service?
This service employs the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is one of the strongest encryption technology most commonly used by large-scale online merchants, banks, and brokerages worldwide. For transaction level security, this service employs "2-Factor Authentication" to verify customer identity. All online sessions between you and the bank are protected by up to 128-bit encryption, which best protects your information against disclosure to third parties.
- What is encryption and how is it used to protect my information?
Encryption is a method of scrambling your information to protect its transmission across the Internet. Encryption transforms data into an unreadable form, and decryption reverses that process. Both encryption and decryption require the use of a special code, usually referred to as 'encryption key'. The encryption of data provides a strong degree of protection against tampering while data is moving through the Internet.
- How do I activate Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Version 3.0?
If you are using any of the followings:
Netscape Communicator 4.7x Internet Explorer 5.x Click on [Communicator]
Select [Tools] follow by [Security Info]
Click on [Navigator]
Check [Enable SSL (Secure Socket Layer) v3]
Click on [OK]
Click on [Tools]
Select [Internet Options]
Select [Advanced] Tab
Scroll down to [Security]
Check [Use SSL 3.0]
Click on [OK]
- What are cookies and how are they used for this service?
- What precautions should I take for this online banking service?
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your Temporary ID and Temporary Password, you should take the following precautions:
- DO NOT reveal your ID and PIN to anyone, write down or use it where someone else can see.
- Change your PIN immediately, using the 'Change Password' service, if you suspect it has been revealed.
- DO NOT use easily recognised numbers such as your NRIC, telephone number etc. as your PIN.
- REMEMBER TO LOG OUT of the system and close your browser whenever you leave your computer, even for a short while.
- Clear your browser's cache on a regular basis so that your account information is removed. This is particularly important if you are using a shared PC. You should clear it after each session.
- Always use the latest recommended Internet browser so that you are using the most updated security features available.
Please call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 if you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
- How to safeguard and protect your Password?
- Do not choose a Password that is easily identifiable such as your user ID, personal telephone number, birthday or other personal information.
- Avoid using sequential numbers (such as 123456) or same number more than twice (such 123226) for your Password.
- PIN must be kept confidential at all times and not be divulged to anyone. Do not reveal your PIN to anyone.
- PIN must be memorised and not be recorded anywhere. Do not write down your PIN or use it where someone can see.
- Change your PIN immediately if you suspect it has been revealed.
- Change your PIN regularly. You can change your PIN anytime under 'Change Password'.
- What precautions should I take when using shared/public PCs for this service?
We strongly recommend you not to conduct your Internet Banking transactions on such PCs unless you are sure that it is safe to do so. Please clear browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed from such PCs.
- What should I do if I suspect there are unauthorised transactions on my account?
If you suspect there are unauthorised transactions on your account, please report to our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre immediately at 265 8000. Please provide details such as your name, account number, transaction type, date and time of transaction, description of error and amount involved.
You may want to take note of your last log in date and time, as indicated at the Personal Homepage, each time you log in to the service.
- What can I do if my Internet Explorer frequently hangs?
You can try the following ways to remove unnecessarily add-ons:
Internet Explorer 5.x Click on [Tools]
Select [Manage Add-ons]
Disable unnecessarily add-ons but leave Sun Java Console enable
- What should I do if I am not able to perform any financial transaction?
Ensure that you are using one of the recommended browsers. If you have encountered problems logging in, please call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000.
- "This problem has performed an illegal operation..."
This is commonly known as GDP (General Protection Fault). This is an error that happened at your PC. You have to restart your browser usually. Sometimes you may need to restart your PC. If the problem persists, please consult your PC vendor.
- What should I do if I do not get a response after clicking on a hyperlink or icon?
Sometimes, the Internet becomes unavoidably slow to respond. If there is a delay in response from when you have clicked something, please wait. Avoid clicking repeatedly on a particular link.
- Who can I call if I have any problem or enquiry in using this service?
Please call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000. Please note down the error code or message if any and refer to it when you contact our Phone Banking Centre.
- How to clear cache?
Please refer to [HELP] contents if you are using browser of the other versions.
Netscape Communicator 4.7x Internet Explorer 5.x Click on [Edit]
Click on [Clear Memory Cache] and [Clear Disk Cache]
Click on [OK] & restart browser
Click on [Tools]
Select [Internet Options]
Select [General] Tab
Click on [Delete Cookies] button and click on [OK]
Click on [Delete Files] under [Temporary Internet Files] section
Check [Delete all offline content]
Click on [OK] & restart browser
- What is an eStatement?
eStatements is an electronic version of your account statement delivered directly to your email address or gfor viewing in Online Banking. Currently, you can access your Credit Card eStatements via Online Banking or have them sent to a designated email address.
- How much does the eStatements service cost?
This service is free of charge.
- Can I access my eStatements anywhere in the world?
As long as you have access to your Online Banking or email account, you will be able to retrieve your eStatements.
- How often do I receive my updated eStatements?
eStatements are updated on monthly basis. If you wish to view the more recent transactions, , select 'Transactional History” of that particular account.
- Can I change my subscription of paper statements to eStatements via Online Banking?
Yes. To enjoy the benefits of this service, you will need to enroll. You can do this by registering via our Online Banking. Simply click on the “Credit Card” in the left navigation bar and select “eStatement Registration” and complete the form.
You may also call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 or visit the nearest branch to register.
- Can I view my past eStatements online?
You can view eStatements up to 12 months online.
- What is Standard Chartered SMS Banking?
It is a service designed for customers who are constantly on the move. With SMS Banking, you can enquire about your account and credit card information via short text messaging.
- How does SMS Banking work?
You will need to compose and send an SMS to the Bank using a pre-defined service code. The Bank will then process your request and send the requested details to you via SMS.
- What are the various service codes available?
The service codes currently available are:
- Credit card outstanding balance
- Credit card minimum payment
- Credit card payment due date
- Accumulated rewards points and expiry date
- Travel notification
- Fixed deposit BND / Foreign Currency - Minimum Deposit Amount / Interest rate
For new credit card members, the service will be available by 15th of the following month.
CREDIT CARD (24-hour services) Enquiries Text code
SMS ExampleCredit Card 4509 4811 3211 1234
Total Credit Limit
OBL<space>last 4 digit of your credit card number OBL 1234
Minimum Amount DuePayment Due Date
CDD<space>last 4 digit of your credit card number CDD 1234 Accumulated Reward Points and the Expiry Date REWARDS<space>last 4 digit of your credit card number REWARDS 1234
- How long does it take to receive a reply SMS?
It depends on how busy the network is. It also depends on the network operator and reception. There may be delays due to a high volume of traffic on special occasions, e.g. Hari Raya, New Year and Christmas.
- Is it safe and secure?
Yes, this service is secure. You will first have to register for this service and ensure your latest mobile number is updated with the Bank. Your mobile number will then be linked to your individual account(s). Please note that at the moment, the service is restricted to enquiry functions on Standard Chartered Credit Card and it is not applicable for funds transfer between accounts.
- What happens if I lose my phone?
Please call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre immediately at 265 8000 or +673 2658000 (if you are overseas), and we will disable access to the SMS Banking service. If you wish to reactivate the service, please contact our Phone Banking Centre
- Is SMS Banking available to all Standard Chartered customers?
Our SMS Banking service is open to all customers holding credit cards with personal or joint-alternate account relationship with Standard Chartered Bank Brunei.
- How to enrol for this service?
All new credit card members are automatically enrolled upon successful application of their credit card. For existing cardmembers who have not yet enrolled, just follow the steps below. Each credit card account must be enrolled separately, so if you have more than one card, just repeat the steps with each card.
Step 1:Key message ENR _space_ the 16-digits of your credit card number _space_ birthdate Step 2:Send to 875 5000
- Is there an age restriction to SMS Banking?
Yes. You must be at least of 15 years of age to use this service.
- How much does it cost to sign up for SMS Banking?
The Standard Chartered SMS Banking service is free but your mobile service provider may charge you for sending SMS and receiving incoming SMS depending on your prevailing price plan.
Please check with your mobile service provider for more information.
- How do I know if my phone or carrier supports SMS Banking?
As long as your mobile phone and network service operator supports SMS, you will be able to use this service.
- What security precautions should I take when using SMS Banking service?
We recommend that you be mindful of the following guidelines:
- Delete any sent messages from your "Sent" folder as the number may automatically be saved in your mobile phone
- Delete all sensitive account related information from your 'Inbox' folder
- What are Banking Alerts?
Banking alerts are notifications about transactional activities on your bank account. These alerts will be delivered to you either via SMS or email. You can even customise your own alerts preferences via our Online Banking service.
- What are the benefits of Banking Alerts?
Banking alerts provide timely updates on your account activities and help protect you from frauds.
- What's the difference between Banking Alerts and SMS Banking?
You will receive banking alerts via SMS when there have been transactions performed on your bank account.
SMS Banking is a service that allows you to enquire and receive information on your credit card via short text messaging.
- How do I subscribe to the Banking Alerts service?
Your can register via:
- Online Banking
Step 1: Login to Online Banking.Step 2: Click on "SMS Banking" from the left hand menu and follow the instructions to register. You will receive a confirmation via SMS.
- Phone Banking
You may call our 24-hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 to register.
- Does registering for Banking Alerts service mean that I am automatically enrolled for SMS Banking service as well?
Yes, you will be automatically subscribed to both Banking Alerts and SMS Banking service.
- How can I unsubscribe from the Banking Alerts service?
Log on to Online Banking.
Click on "SMS Banking" from the left hand menu navigator and select “Manage Alerts”. Go to “Select category” and follow the instructions. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation via SMS. You may also call our 24 hour Phone Banking Centre at 265 8000 for assistance.
- What Banking Alerts are available?
Bank Account Activity
- Your salary is credited to your account
- Your account is overdrawn
- A cheque is returned
- A fund transfer is made between your accounts
- An ATM cash withdrawal, counter withdrawal or cheque withdrawal from your account is made, locally or overseas
- Your Fixed Deposit is due for maturity
Credit Card Activity
- A card payment is due or overdue
- Your credit limit is near maximum
- An ATM cash withdrawal or credit card point-of-sale transaction is made, locally or overseas
- An internet transaction is made using your card
- A cash withdrawal is made using your card, locally or overseas
- Your contact details have been modified
- Foreign exchange rates
- Is the Banking Alerts service available to all Standard Chartered customers?
The Banking Alerts service is available to all customers holding current account, savings account or credit cards with personal or joint-alternate account relationship with Standard Chartered Bank Brunei.
- Is there an age restriction for the Banking Alerts service?
You must be at least of 15 years of age to use this service.
- Do I have to pay to use the Banking Alerts service?
The Banking Alerts service is free. However, if you are travelling and you are on a roaming network, your mobile service provider may charge you for receiving incoming SMS (including our alerts) depending on your prevailing price plan.
Please check with your mobile service provider for more information.
- I have terminated my mobile phone service. Will the Banking Alerts service be affected?
Yes. The Banking Alerts service will be affected. Please unsubscribe from the Banking Alerts and SMS Banking services as soon as you can.
- I have changed my mobile phone number. Do I need to inform the Bank?
Yes, you need to update the Bank with your latest mobile phone number as we will be sending alerts to the mobile number based on our latest records.
- Will I be able to receive SMS alerts on most pre-paid phone service plans?
Yes, this service will work as long as your phone plan allows you to receive text messages.
- How many accounts can be linked to the Banking Alerts service?
You may link all your accounts to the Banking Alerts service.
- Can I use the Banking Alerts service using more than one phone/email address?
No. Your mobile number and email address are linked to your individual profile. It is only possible to have a single mobile number and email address for each individual profile.
- What security precautions should I take when using this Banking Alerts service?
As a good security practice, you may wish to delete any SMS you received from your mobile phone 'Inbox' folder as they may contain sensitive account related information.
Most Popular Forms
- Fees and Charges
- What's New
- Consumer Banking Terms & Conditions
- Products Eligible for Protection by PIDM
- Useful Links
- Government Supported Schemes
- New Credit Card Guidelines
- Standard Chartered Trust Fund (SCTF)
- Revision of Deposit Accounts Interest Rates / Profit Sharing Ratio
- Swipe Smart 6E
- Latest News