Open an RMB account in China.


RMB Business for Hong Kong or Macau Residents

Hong Kong and Macau residents can now open a RMB account in Mainland China with ease. Whether you need RMB for an investment, a holiday in China or even riding on the RMB appreciation, we have just the account for you.

Key Features

  • Remit1 your RMB currency from Hong Kong or Macau directly to your mainland China account and earn higher interest rates. Click here for details of our deposits interest rates.
  • Your RMB Account can be used for cash withdrawals as well as opening Time Deposits2.
  • The RMB funds remitted from Hong Kong or Macau and the interest incurred may be remitted back to Hong Kong and Macau, but cannot be used as other payment transfers or be transferred to another Settlement Account.
  • Hong Kong residents can remit up to RMB80,000 a day from Hong Kong.
  • Macau residents can remit up to RMB50,000 a day from Macau.
  • Easy access to your RMB funds over the counter at any of our Standard Chartered branches in China.

For more information, please visit any of our branches or call our 24-hour Customer Care Centre Hotline on 800 820 8088. If you are using a mobile phone or dialling from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan or areas outside China, please call: (86 755) 2589 2333.

1 RMB remittance from Hong Kong and Macau cannot be directly transferred to the beneficiary's RMB settlement account, or another person's RMB account. If the beneficiary and the remitter is not the same person or are joint account holders, then this remittance must be returned back to Hong Kong and Macau. No withdrawal or transfer is allowed.

2 The Time Deposit account, interest account and maturity account must belong to the same account holder of the RMB savings account who remitted the RMB funds to China from Hong Kong and Macau.


    • I want to open a RMB savings account for a Hong Kong or Macau resident. What do I need to do?

      Hong Kong and Macau residents should bring their own Mainland Travel Permits as well as Hong Kong or Macau resident ID to open this type of account.

    • As a Hong Kong or Macau resident, am I subjected to any necessary conditions to open a RMB savings account?

      Hong Kong or Macau residents who would like to open a RMB savings account must be in possession of a valid Hong Kong resident ID card or Macau legal residence documents. These documents must be presented in order to open an account at our bank.

    • As a Hong Kong resident, what is the largest amount that can be wired into my account from Hong Kong in 1 day?

      Hong Kong residents can wire a maximum of RMB80,000 into their accounts from Hong Kong each day.

    • As a Macau resident, what is the largest amount that can be wired into my account from Macau in one day?

      Macau residents can wire a maximum of RMB50,000 into their accounts from Macau each day.

More details »

Call Us

Call our hotline for further information.

800 820 8088

Contact Me

Alternatively, please complete our contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Contact Me »

Locate Us

Visit the branch that is nearest to you.

Find a Branch »

You might also be interested in

Savings Account

Enjoy greater convenience with our flexible savings account.

More details »
Call Deposit

Earn higher rates of interest with our Call Deposits.

More details »
Time Deposit

Maximise your return on investment with a time deposit.

More details »
Breeze Banking Debit Card

Earn rewards instantly with Breeze.

More details »
Back to Top

Speaking Up

Standard Chartered Bank (the “Bank”) is committed to maintaining a culture of the highest ethics and integrity, and in compliance with all applicable law, regulation and internal policy. As part of this commitment, the Bank has a ‘Speaking Up’ programme through which genuine concerns in this regard can be raised. Members of the public can securely raise Speaking Up concerns through this hyperlink, which is hosted on behalf of the Bank by a third party ‘InTouch’. Examples of concerns that can be raised through this website are concerns that relate to accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters and concerns relating to bribery or banking and financial crime. Concerns received will be forwarded to the Bank’s investigations team for review. Complaints relating to SCB banking services should not be raised through this site in the first instance, but through the SCB branch network, contact centres, Relationship Managers or the ‘Contact Us’ webpage.


Please note that this hyperlink will bring to you to another website on the Internet, which is operated by InTouch, an independent company appointed by the Bank to support its Speaking Up programme. Please be mindful that when you click on the link and open a new window in your browser, you will be subject to the additional terms of use of the website that you are going to visit.