Terms for Online Service of Investment Products
Important Note for self-issued wealth management products: A wealth management product is not a deposit. The product carries investment risks. Please exercise caution when you invest.
Important Note for agent products of mutual fund: mutual fund carries investment risks. Please exercise caution when you invest.
Standard Chartered Bank (China) Limited (“the Bank”) may from time to time offer various wealth management schemes and investment products (“Investment Products” or “Products”) services through its online banking system (“Online Banking”, and for avoidance of doubt, Online Banking also include mobile banking) (“Online Investment”), to its customers (“the Customer” or “Customers”). Before applying for any business relating to Investment Products through Online Banking, Customers shall carefully read and confirm to accept all the following stipulations in these Terms.
1. The Investment Products consist of self-issued wealth management products and agent products. Self-issued Wealth Management Products refer to those issued by the Bank, while agent products refer to those distributed by the Bank acting as an agent of the investment products’ issuers or managers.
2. The Customer should confirm he/she has read, understood and accepted "Terms and Conditions for Personal Electronic Banking Service" of the Bank and documents relating to Investment Products, and agrees that Online Investment shall be subject to terms and conditions of the aforesaid documents.
3. The Customer understands that during the course of Online Investment, he/she can and shall read, download, save and keep relevant Investment Products’ documents available at Online Banking. The Product details and risks shall be subject to the documents of the relevant Investment Products. The Customer agrees that his/her confirmation to submit applications of the transactions shall be deemed that the Customer has read, understood and accepted the terms of the documents of relevant Investment Products, and agreed to be bound by the relevant documents. The fact that the Customer has not physically signed on the relevant documents will not affect the applicability and effectiveness of the relevant documents. English version (if any) of Online Investment related documents are made for Customers’ reference only, Chinese version of such documents shall prevail under any circumstance.
4. Before submitting any Online Investment related transaction application or give any Online Investment related instruction, the Customer needs to carefully read, fully understand and accept the full set of the documents relating to the Investment Products, and shall confirm he/she is willing and able to assume the risks associated with the Products and his/her investment in the Products. The Customer may visit the Bank’s branches/sub-branches or contact the Bank’s sales staff to request the Bank to fully explain the relevant documents, the Products’ features and its associated risks, or seek professional advice from an independent third party. If the Customer has any doubt about any documents, the Products’ features or its associated risks, he/she shall not invest in the Products.
5. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Bank may from time to time adjust, add or remove Investment Products offered through Online Banking, not all the Bank’s Investment Products are available for Online Investment, the Investment Products offered through Online Banking may be less than or different from those offered at the Bank’s branches/sub-branches. The Customer understands that he/she can independently choose either the Bank’s branches/sub-branches, Online Banking, phone, fax or other sales channels (if applicable) the Bank amends from time to time, to apply for Investment Products’ related business.
6. The Customer’s confirmation and submission of Online Investment transaction application will be deemed as the Customer’s application to the Bank to invest in certain Investment Product(s) and the Customer’s acknowledgment and acceptance of the risks associated with such Product(s) and his/her investment. Unless otherwise provided in the relevant Product documents or agreed by the Bank, the Customer’s Online Investment applications, once submitted, are irreversible and irrevocable.
7. Before submitting Online Investment transaction applications, the Customer shall carefully check and confirm that all the contents in the applications are complete and correct. The Customer acknowledges that the issuer or manager (as the case may be) of the Products has the right to examine and decide whether to accept the Customer’s Online Investment transaction applications.
8. The customer understands and agrees that, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, regulatory requirements, Online Banking system update, feature of various Products and the operational requirements of Online Investment, the Bank may at any time suspend or terminate all or any Online Investment services and/or from time to time adjust or change in a commercially reasonable manner the terms and rules applicable to Online Investment (and accordingly adjust or change Online Investment related documents including these Terms), including but not limited to:
Adjust the time of, conditions to and/or restrictions on Online Investment, including without limitation the service time for Online Investment, requirements on Customer Investment Profile assessment results, necessary documents to be signed, accepted, confirmed or provided by the Customer before doing Online Investment, and restrictions on the investment amount of Online Investment;
Adjust the scope of Online Investment, including without limitation Customer Investment Profile update, submission of qualified proof in relation to overseas individual customers, submission of supporting document in relation to US Person, historical transaction record inquiry, application for investment cancellation, application for early redemption/Special Termination Arrangement/redemption/selling/exit, application for Product switch, the setting-up/adjustment/termination application of Regular Saving Plan. Subject to Online Banking system capacity and functional design, the Customer may not be able to use Online Banking to do some business relating to Investment Products, and the Customer shall visit the Bank’s branches/sub-branches to do such business not available at Online Banking.
9. The Customer understands and agrees the additional risks associated with Online Investment, submitting transaction applications or giving transaction instructions through Online Banking. However, the Customer agrees and hereby confirms again that all applications submitted or instructions given by the Customer through Online Banking are original documents in writing, fully authorised by and binding on the Customer. The Customer accepts the relevant electronic records generated by Online Banking system or kept by the Bank as the effective evidence of the applications, instructions and transaction information of the Customer, and agrees not to challenge its validity on the basis it is in electronic form.
10. The Customer understands and agrees that the Bank will only rely on the relevant Online Banking transaction method and channel to accept the Customer’s identity verification information and transaction applications/instructions, and the Bank is entitled to regard the applications/instructions received from verified Customer identity as from the Customer himself/herself. The Bank is not obligated to obtain the Customer’s extra confirmation on paper or in other form, or to double check the authenticity of the identity or transaction applications/instructions of the Customer by other method. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for sake of risk prevention, the Bank may, when it deems appropriate (e.g. it has reasonable doubt that an instruction may not be duly authorised by the Customer), refuse to perform the doubtful instructions and/or require the Customer to provide further confirmation acceptable to the Bank
11. The Customer shall safeguard properly his/her Online Banking identity verification information (including but not limited to the Customer’s Online Banking username, PIN, verification code; bank account number and password; bank card number and password; identity document type and number; mobile phone number, email address, postal address, and/or any other information being used for Online Banking services application or to verify the Customer’s identity with regard to Online Banking services). Unless caused by the Bank’s intentional act or gross negligence, in the case of any identity verification information leakage, the Customer shall assume all the risks of such information being used by unauthorised persons or for unauthorised purposes and shall be liable for all the losses arising from such information leakage, which losses include but not limited to economic and reputational losses, directly or indirectly, suffered by the Customer and the Bank.
12. The Customer understands and acknowledges that transmission of instructions, messages or communication through Online Banking will increase the errors and risks in respect of information security and privacy protection and the fraudulent risks, including without limitation:
Any error, delay or time-lag in transmission of any instruction or communication;
Any misunderstanding or error in identity verification;
Any oversight or omission to carry out any order or request contained in any instruction or communication;
Any lack of clarity in or misinterpretation or erroneous execution of any instruction and communication;
Any unauthorised instruction or communication given by any person who purports to be the Customer; and/or
Any fraud or counterfeit behaviour committed by any person.
The Customer understands and agrees that the Bank makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to the reliability of any instruction or communication with regard to Online Investment and the Bank shall not be responsible for any error, lack of reliability or breach of confidentiality of any such instruction or communication, except for the Bank’s intentional act or gross negligence. Nevertheless, the Customer confirms to accept the relevant risks and agrees to be bound by any such instruction or communication, and except for the Bank’s intentional act or gross negligence, the Bank shall not be liable for any losses or damages incurred by the Customer or any third party arising therefrom.
The Customer declares and undertakes that all information he/she provided to the Bank for receiving Online Investment services is true, correct and complete. The Customer agrees and undertakes to be liable for, and fully indemnify the Bank against, all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs, expenses for the exercise or execution of the Bank’s rights, arising directly or indirectly from the Bank acting on any Online Investment transaction application/instruction or communication of the Customer.
Customer understands and confirms to accept all the above contents.