- You are here:
The renminbi. Are you ready for what happens next?
Trade between China and the rest of the world increased by 65% since 2009* and usage of the Renminbi (RMB) to facilitate this trade has increased more than sevenfold since 2010**.
With the RMB fast becoming a major world currency, you need an effective strategy. We offer a comprehensive range of RMB financing and investment solutions, while giving clients the service coverage and support they require.
Wherever you are in the world, we can help you make the right move through:
- Account opening - Offshore companies and institutions outside of China can now open a CNH (offshore deliverable) account through our Hong Kong business or our offshore branch network. They can also open a deliverable RMB non-resident account (NRA) with us in China.
- Trade and settlement - As one of the first banks to act as an agent and settlement bank under the RMB Cross-border Trade Settlement Pilot Scheme, we have the infrastructure to settle RMB cross-border trade between eligible companies in the market and their counterparts in the whole of mainland China, through a single RMB account with us in China.
- Cash management - We offer a full suite of RMB cash management services – clearing, payments, account management and liquidity management - and our capabilities have give us the status as the top “foreign bank” in China for nostro clearing service provider.
- Foreign exchange - As an Authorised Institution, we clear trade related spot FX with a Clearing Bank or Agent Bank in mainland China (accessing the mainland FX market). We also clear non-trade related to spot FX in the offshore interbank CNH market and help our clients hedge their RMB exposures, both offshore and onshore.
- Loan and deposit - We offer loans and deposit facilities to institutions and corporate clients with CNH accounts. CNH loans and deposit reference rates can be viewed via Standard Chartered on Reuters SCBHK04.
- Fixed income - We provide both onshore and offshore RMB swaps to assist clients in managing their onshore or offshore interest rate risks. We participate in the China Interbank Bond Market enabling our clients to capture higher yields, increase portfolio diversity and improve liquidity management.
- Capital markets - We help clients issue CNH denominated bonds in Hong Kong (also known as Dim Sum Bonds), ensuring cross-border fund remittance issues are appropriately set up.
- Structured investment - We offer CNH denominated structured investments linked to FX, rates, commodities, credit and equity derivatives. We were also the first to offer CNH denominated structured investments in Hong Kong linked to LIBOR, the euro and gold.
* Customs Statistics from “General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China”
**Standard Chartered Global Renminbi Index, November 2012
Gain access to a range of capabilities that will address your RMB settlement needs.
We can help your business issue CNH denominated bonds in Hong Kong.
We offer FX solutions for both trade and non-trade related purposes.