Group recruitment privacy statement
This Group Recruitment Privacy Statement relates to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data by any member of the Standard Chartered Group (including affiliates and subsidiaries) (”SCB”, “we” “our” or “us”) throughout the recruitment purposes.
Personal Data comprises all the information SCB processes about you, collected directly or indirectly, and including information received through the SCB and other websites as well as from third parties.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal Data that we may process, as appropriate throughout the recruitment process includes, but is not limited to:
- contact details (such as telephone number, e-mail address and postal address);
- date of birth;
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé;
- current and previous employment details (including salary/bonus and employee benefits schemes) ;
- academic background (such as your university or school diplomas/certificates and other educational achievements);
- languages spoken and level of proficiency;
- job preferences including willingness to travel and/or relocate;
- marital status
- results of any pre-employment testing such as psychometric testing;
- evidence of identity such as national ID/passport/resident card;
- immigration status and work permits including employment pass/work authorisations or other relevant documents;
- video, photographic images or audio recordings submitted or made as part of the recruitment process.
We may also process Sensitive Personal Data where relevant to the recruitment process, including where necessary to accommodate any disability needs. Sensitive Personal Data processed may include but is not limited to:
- criminal record;
- racial/ethnicity information;
- trade union membership (if relevant in certain countries); and
- health related information including physical/mental health
We also process Personal Data provided by you in relation to third parties when it relates to your application for employment with the Group such as details of your referees. You should only provide Personal Data in relation to third parties with their knowledge and agreement.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
We collect your Personal Data when you submit a job application and/or create a profile through our Careers, Graduate Recruitment, or approved third party websites (the “websites”).
Social Network Sites
We collect Personal Data about you from other sources, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+ (“Social Network Sites”) when you choose to provide us with a link to your profile on any Social Network Site as part of your job application or you elect to sign-in to the websites via those Social Network Sites through the integrated functionality available on the websites. If you sign-in to the websites through Social Network Sites, we will collect your Personal Data from certain fields on these sites by taking a snapshot and merging this with other data captured through the online application form to create a single profile. In addition to the Personal Data set out above, we will collect the following Personal Data from Social Network Sites:
- LinkedIn: Personal Data contained in the following fields: name, headline and summary, job title, current employer, employment history, recommendations and contact details made publicly available (such as phone number and email address). Your LinkedIn connections are not collected.
- Facebook: Personal Data contained in the following fields: first name, last name, email, employer and job title. Your “likes”, “comments”, “friends lists/details” and “wall posts” are not collected.
- Google+: Personal Data contained in the following fields: first name, last name and public website.
We will not collect your photographs or videos from any Social Network Site unless you submit a photograph or video voluntarily as part of your recruitment application.
We may also obtain your contact details from publicly available sources, including content that you have made public on other Social Network Sites or similar sites for professional purposes to make initial contact with you for recruitment purposes. If we contact you in this way you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving any further information about career opportunities with SCB. You can subsequently opt out at any time by contacting AskHR@SC.com
Your Personal Data may be provided to SCB by recruitment agencies with who you have registered an interest in working for SCB. Where a recruitment agency refers you to us, a profile will be created for you in our recruitment database based on the information provided and you will receive a notification asking you to log in and complete your candidate profile through a website. Candidates who do not log in and complete their profile within one month will have their profile deleted. Records will be maintained of who decided not to progress so that they are not contacted again.
Whilst in most cases you will provide your Personal Data, Personal Data may also be collected about you from third parties during the recruitment process such as references from previous employers.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your Personal Data will be processed for recruitment purposes, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- to process your application including to identify and contact you;
- to determine whether you have the professional skills, expertise and experience for the position applied for;
- if you are offered a position with SCB, to verify the personal data provided including your identity, address, right to work, employment history and academic background and other background screening purposes including, where allowed by law, criminal record checks, searches with a credit reference agency and sanctions screening checks;
- to assist in the administration of the Group’s global recruitment programme, recruitment campaign planning, and compliance with related internal policies;
- to provide you with information about other job vacancies if you would like SCB to send you such notifications, which may include using data analytics to match your profile against vacant positions.
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
SCB operates globally and any authorised employee, agent and adviser in any country may be involved in processing your recruitment application. They may have access your full candidate profile, interview record psychometric test and background screening results.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to any of the following for any of the purposes outlined above:
- professional advisers, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to SCB,;
- any person in connection with litigation or other legal proceedings, to obtain legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by Law and/or Regulation;
- any court, tribunal, Regulatory Authority or Governmental Entity;
- any criminal records bureau , credit bureau or credit reference agency when conducting background checks;
- to third parties to provide references at your request or with your consent; and
- third parties to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under any agreement, including but not limited to a potential merger or acquisition of all or part of the Group’s business
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal Data is retained as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is collected and to meet legal, regulatory and operational requirements. Retention periods may differ for each country. At the end of the retention period, non-identifiable data is kept for management information purposes.
SCB may also retain your contact information for the purposes of inviting you to join our Talent Network. If you join our Talent Network, you will receive information about SCB, invitations to events and/or receive information regarding job opportunities that may be relevant to your skills. If you choose not to join the Talent Network, we will record that fact and will only retain the minimum personal data necessary to ensure you are not contacted again about the Talent Network.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your Personal Data is important to us and SCB implements technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
As an international organisation, SCB manages its people resources on a global basis and authorised personnel may access your Personal Data in any country in which SCB operates. Your Personal Data may therefore be transferred to employees, agents, advisors or third party service suppliers, and other third parties authorised to act on our behalf in countries that may not offer equivalent data protection or privacy laws to that of the country where you are located. We require equivalent security measures from our external service providers and regardless of where personal data is transferred, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Personal Data is kept securely.
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorised third parties. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of your Personal Data in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
UPDATING YOUR RECRUITMENT PROFILE
If you choose to create a profile on any of our websites or any other recruitment channel, it is your responsibility to maintain and update the Personal Data provided by you in your profile and SCB may from time to time request, via email that you update your Personal Data to ensure it is accurate. You can access and update your Personal Data in your profile at any time.
Psychometric assessments may be undertaken to measure some aspects of performance including technical skills, and/or personality traits such as temperament or situational judgement. Specialist third parties are used to decide which assessments are relevant to use, as well as to administer them and assess the results. Some assessments may be used to determine whether you progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. If you do not consent to psychometric assessments where we deem it appropriate as part of the recruitment process, your application will not be able to be progressed.
If you are offered a position with SCB, the accuracy of the personal data you have provided will be verified by our third party background screening vendors. A criminal record search and a search with a credit reference agency will also be undertaken where allowed by applicable law. Where there are anomalies or discrepancies you will be contacted by a recruitment specialist and you may be required to supply further personal data to enable further enquiries/verification to be completed.
SCB recruitment activities are generally not aimed at minors. If you are a minor in the relevant jurisdiction, you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before contacting the SCB in relation to recruitment.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Group Recruitment Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites where SCB online recruitment advertisements are displayed or to linked third-party websites which SCB does not operate or control.
UPDATES TO THE GROUP RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Group Recruitment Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time and it is your responsibility to visit our websites regularly for the most recent version.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can edit your details on each job submission or your general profile at any time. If you wish to access, correct or request deletion of your Personal Data other than your profile through the website, or have questions regarding this Statement please email: email@example.com
If you are registered to receive job alerts or other information and then subsequently you no longer wish to receive such information from us, you have the option at any time to amend your profile choices so as not to receive such job alerts and/or other information from us.
This Statement was last updated on 3 November 2017