Frequently Asked Questions - Investor Relations                                                                            

Where is Standard Chartered stock traded?show/hide
Standard Chartered ordinary shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Our Indian Depository Receipts (IDRs) are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India. Ten IDRs represent one ordinary share.
What is the Standard Chartered PLC stock symbol?show/hide



Hong Kong:








How do I buy and trade shares?show/hide
You can buy and sell our ordinary shares through a financial adviser or stockbroker, a bank or building society, or share shops that offer a similar service. The commission charges for buying and selling shares will vary depending on the organisation.
Who is Standard Chartered's registrar?show/hide

Our UK registrar is:

Computershare Investor Services PLC.
PO Box 82
The Pavilions, Bridgewater Road
Bristol BS99 7NH
Tel: 0870 702 0138

Our Hong Kong registrar (for shareholders on the Hong Kong register) is:

Computershare Hong Kong Investor Services Limited
17M, Hopewell Centre
183 Queens Road East
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2862 8628

Our Indian registrar (for Indian Depository Receipt holders only) is:

Karvy Computershare Private Limited
Plot No. 17 to 24
Vithalrao Nagar, Madhapur
Hyderabad - 500 081


Please contact our registrars for all shareholder queries.

Where can I get shareholder information online?show/hide

You can get details of your current holdings, dividends and other shareholder information through our registrars' websites. You can also register to receive email e-mail updates when shareholder documents are available instead of receiving printed documents.

UK registrar:

HK registrar:

India registrar:

Why do I only receive an annual review and summary financial statement instead of the full statutory report and accounts?show/hide

Most of our shareholders opt to receive the annual review and we make every effort to ensure that it contains the right balance of information. Being a review, it doesn't contain as much technical information as the full report and accounts.

If you would like to receive the full report and accounts, please contact the Shareholder Helpline on +44 (0)870 702 0138 (UK) or +852 2862 8628 (Hong Kong).

Is it possible to receive documents from Standard Chartered in Chinese?show/hide

Chinese documents are available to shareholders who are registered on the Hong Kong register. Please contact Computershare Hong Kong Investor Services Limited via

Where can I find stock exchange announcements released by Standard Chartered?show/hide
You can find Stock Exchange announcements, released on the London Stock Exchange, on our website:
How many shares does Standard Chartered have in issue?show/hide

We issue a 'Total Voting Rights' announcement once a month which details the number of ordinary and preference shares in issue. Stock Exchange announcements can be viewed on our website at:

How do I know when Standard Chartered will report its next Financial Results?show/hide

All upcoming announcements and events are listed on our Financial Calendar.

What is Standard Chartered's official accounting currency?show/hide

Our official accounting currency is US dollars. This is because most of our business is carried out in US dollars or currencies linked to the US dollar.