Do you know the facts about HIV?
How much do you really know about HIV?
- There is no cure for HIV and AIDS
- HIV and AIDS are not the same thing. HIV damages the immune system and someone is said to have AIDS when they develop HIV-related illnesses
- Unprotected sex is the most common way to contract HIV
- You can not transmit HIV through touch. Or by shaking hands, working in the same office or sharing utensils
The only way you can be sure of your status is by taking an HIV test.
Other ways you can contract HIV
- Injecting drugs, using an unsterilised needle or syringe that have been used by someone with HIV
- From a mother living with HIV (who is not receiving antiretroviral treatment) to her baby during pregnancy, labour, or through breastfeeding.
Training the trainer
Our HIV champions train other employees to help reach more people.
HIV and AIDS education
We want to educate people to help them make safer lifestyle choices and stop the spread of HIV.
Raising awareness in Kenya
Safe behaviour can prevent someone from being infected or infecting someone else.