Site and company details
www.sc.com is owned by Standard Chartered (the Group) and within this site is sc.com/scfoundation (the site), which provides information on Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF), which is situated in England at 1 Basinghall Avenue, London, EC2V 5DD, UK. SCF is a registered charity (England and Wales No. 1184946) and a company limited by guarantee (registered in England, No. 11968592).
Use of this site
SCF controls this site from England. SCF makes no representation that content on the Site is appropriate or available for use outside England. If you choose to access the site from other locations, you do so at your own risk. Transactions with any other Standard Chartered entity outside the UK or other members of the Group outside the UK are not subject to the UK’s regulatory regime for the conduct of investment business. The conduct of investment business with any Standard Chartered entity outside the UK or other members of the Group outside the UK is regulated by varying authorities and securities legislation in different jurisdictions as specified on the relevant local sites.
- The material and information contained on this site is provided for general information only. Any information on the SCF site should not be relied upon without consulting primary, more accurate or more up-to-date sources of information or specific professional advice, which we recommend you obtain. SCF makes no representation or warranty of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory regarding the material and information contained or referred to on each page associated with the SCF site.
- No warranty is given that economic reporting information or data is accurate, reliable or up to date on the SCF site. Geographic, political, economic, statistical, financial and exchange rate data are presented in certain cases in approximate, summary or simplified form and may change over time. Reliance has been placed by the editors on certain external statistical data which, though believed to be correct, may not in fact be accurate.
- The site may contain articles and materials written by third party authors or contributors. All opinion or analysis expressed are those of the author (whether the author is from SCF or a third-party contributor) and do not reflect the views of SCF. Nothing stated in the articles and materials should be construed as asserting or implying SCF’s endorsement of the author’s views.
- Inclusion of hyperlinks on the site does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites. Any hyperlinks from the site exists for information purposes and are for your convenience only. SCF is not responsible for the contents of third-party websites. If you visit third-party websites, then your rights and obligations while accessing and using those sites will be governed by the agreements and policies relating to use of those third-party sites.
Limitation of liability
SCF accepts no liability for any loss or damage (including special, incidental or consequential loss or damage) arising directly or indirectly from your use of the site, howsoever arising from, but not limited to:
Any defect, error, imperfection, fault, mistake or inaccuracy with the site, its contents (including content from third party providers), associated services, or due to any unavailability of this site or any local site or any part thereof or any contents or associated services.
Action taken, or not taken in reliance on material, content or information contained on the site.
Any computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, software bombs or similar items or processes arising from your use of the site. You click on any hyperlinks or download any software or data from the site at your own risk.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any user ID and/or password used by you in connection with the site or local sites or any service provided by means of the site is kept secure, and that no person or entity other than you obtains access to that user ID and/or password, including logging off from any local sites securely to prevent any unauthorised access to your confidential information.
Intellectual property rights
“Standard Chartered”, “Standard Chartered Bank” and “Futuremakers” are registered trademarks, logos and service marks of Standard Chartered PLC and no permission or licence is granted to use any such trademarks, logos or service marks without the prior written consent of Standard Chartered PLC.
In relation to any information or material you submit to SCF using this site and/or to our social media accounts, you hereby grant to SCF or other members of the Group a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable right and licence to use such information or material for any purpose it deems appropriate, including without limitation, the copying, modification, transmission, distribution and publication thereof, unless restricted by applicable law. You represent and warrant that such information or material you submit does not infringe the rights of any other third party.
You agree that SCF shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any such information or material submitted to it using this site and/or our social media accounts unless otherwise agreed in a separate direct contract between you and SCF or required by law.
Social media community guidelines
We welcome you to the SCF community, where we are committed to engaging with the global community in a timely, open and transparent manner.
To maintain a respectful and safe community for all users, kindly follow the guidelines below:
- Keep your personal information safe. Be aware that social media is a public medium and information shared on social media may be accessible by anyone. To safeguard your accounts, do not post any sensitive information such as bank account number, credit card number, password etc. and other personal details (eg. NRIC, home address) – yours or anybody else’s, on social media;
- We will not ask for your account information or sensitive personal information on social media. At times, we may request for your contact details if we need further information to assist you. In such cases, please use private/direct message to share this with us;
- Respect the community. If you use any offensive, aggressive, condescending, or inappropriate language, we will remove such comments or posts;
- Stay on topic. Your comments should be related to the topics posted on our social networks. We reserve the right to delete off-topic comments, and remove any marketing materials, commercial content, and other types of “spam” (such as comments that are posted repeatedly);
- Do not impersonate any person or falsely claim to belong to or represent any organisation;
- By posting on our social media channels, you understand that your posts, and any ideas or techniques contained in them, may be freely used by us in any way and in any media. Please do not submit any ideas or materials that you wish to keep confidential or for which you expect to receive compensation;
- We do not endorse or take responsibility for content posted by third parties on our social media channels, also known as user-generated content (UGC). This includes text added and uploaded or linked files such as images, video, audio and documents;
- Opinions, statements and viewpoints expressed by community participants do not necessarily reflect the opinions or constitute an official position of SCF;
We reserve the right to permanently block individuals or groups who post inappropriate content or otherwise breach any of these Guidelines.
SCF reserves the right in its discretion to change without prior notice any information or material contained on the site and the terms and conditions under which this site is used.
SCF may terminate this agreement, your access to this site and use of any service at any time.