By using our websites, you agree that we may store and access the cookies on your device.
This Cookie Statement explains what cookies are, how we use them and what benefits they bring.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or mobile device by a website's server when you visit most large websites. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and contains information such as the website address and a unique identifier. This enables our websites to recognise your computer or device for the purposes set out below.
HOW ARE COOKIES USED BY STANDARD CHARTERED?
The following cookies are used on our websites:
A small number of cookies are placed on your device to make our websites work properly. These are 'essential cookies'. You can delete these, but this means some areas of the websites will not work properly.
The essential cookies we use:
- allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled. This allows us to check whether data can be collected from your web browser.
- temporarily allow you to carry information between pages on our websites, so you don't have to re-enter that information.
- temporarily identify your device after you have logged in to a secure page on our websites so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser to allow you to carry out certain activities.
ANALYTIC AND PERFORMANCE COOKIES
We use analytic cookies to collect information about how people use our websites. We do this to make sure it meets user needs and to understand how we can improve our websites.
Analytic cookies store information about the pages you visit, how long you are on the website, how you got there, what you click on and whether you have visited the website before.
These cookies make our website simpler to use, by recording your preferences.
These are used:
- to personalise content for you (for example, your choice of language and region).
- store your login and other preferences so you don't have to re-enter this information every time you visit the website.
These cookies record your visit to our websites, your response to our online advertisements and campaigns, track the pages you have visited and the hyperlinks you click on.
This information helps us:
- make our websites more relevant to your interests based on your past visits.
- tailor our online advertisements and campaigns which are most likely to interest you.
- evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising campaigns.
All of the above cookies may be placed on your device by us or by third parties on our behalf (for example, advertising service providers like Google and DoubleClick and other service providers for web analytics). The information collected by the cookies from your device may be stored in a country outside your country of residence including countries that may not have equivalent privacy and data protection rules.
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through our websites, you can find out how to do this in "How you can manage your cookies" below.
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR COOKIES
The browsers on most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are usually set up to accept cookies by default. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website, or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser's 'help' function will tell you how to do this.
If you are accessing our website from a smartphone or tablet device, then the option to block cookies is usually available in your device settings.
Turning off non-essential cookies will not affect your experience of using the sc.com website, but it may have an impact on how you use our other websites.
For more information about cookies, including more detailed guidance on how you can disable them, visit the Information Commissioner's Office's website at
MORE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
To find out more about how we protect your data and privacy when using our website, see our Website Privacy Statement.
This Cookie Statement was last updated on 1 February 2014.
Copyright © Standard Chartered Bank 2014. All rights reserved.