- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") reserves the right of final approval of the Standard Chartered Personal Instalment Loan Debt Consolidation Program ("Loan") and is under no obligation to provide reasons. The Bank also reserves the right to determine the final interest rate, loan amount and terms offered. The Loan is subject to the Bank’s Client Terms and the applicable documents referred to in Part A of the Client Terms (including Personal Loan/Personal Line of Credit/Overdraft Terms and the product brochure, Important Notes and promotional terms (if applicable) and any other documents forming our banking agreement) and such other applicable terms and conditions, as may be issued, varied, amended or replaced by the Bank from time to time.
- Upon successful application and drawdown of the Loan, the Bank may, in its sole discretion, determine the amount either being part or all of the approved loan amount which shall be used to pay the outstanding balance(s) of credit card(s) or personal loan(s) held at the other bank(s) / financial institution(s) owed by the client ("Other Loan(s)"). Upon request by the Bank, the client must cancel such other credit card(s) or personal loan(s) account(s) held at the other bank(s) and provide the loan/account cancellation record(s) to the Bank.
- The Bank will not accept any application of the Loan for the purpose of settling outstanding amount(s) of Standard Chartered Credit Card / Standard Chartered Co-Branded Card / MANHATTAN Credit Card / MANHATTAN Co-Branded Card account(s) or purpose of financing / refinancing Mortgage Loan(s) with the Bank.
- The Bank may, in its sole discretion and also subject to the payment requirements of the loan or repayment account(s) of the Other Loans, disburse the approved loan amount in one or more than one of the manners set out below within five working days upon approval of the Loan:
- directly pay part or all of the approved loan amount to settle the Other Loan(s) . Client acknowledges that such other bank(s)/financial institution(s) may charge and/or deduct a handling fee for local telegraphic transfer from the relevant account;
- send the approved loan amount or the balance of the approved loan amount upon payment pursuant to clause (i) above (as the case may be) to the client's correspondent address by way of Cashier's Order(s);Upon receiving the Cashier's Order(s), client must settle the Other Loan(s) accordingly;
- disburse part or all of the approved loan amount to the repayment account(s) of the Other Loan(s) directly. The client must settle the Other Loan(s) by directing or authorising the other bank(s)/financial institution(s) to apply the approved loan amount deposited in the repayment account(s) to settle the Other Loan(s) and provide payment record(s) to the Bank upon request.
- The client shall continue to make payments to such other bank(s) / financial institution(s), in respect of amount owed to it / them until the Loan is approved and the amounts owed to such other bank(s) / financial institution(s) have been settled in full. The Bank will not be liable for any overdue payment, interest or charges incurred as a result of non-payment by the client of the amount owed to such bank(s) / financial institution(s).
- Total loan amount drawdown will be subject to a 1.5% per annum handling fee. The Bank will deduct the handling charge for the whole tenor from the final approved loan amount.
- Clients who have submitted all required documents within 7 calendar days upon application and successfully apply for and drawdown the Loan via online application on or before 31 March 2016 are entitled to cash coupon of up to HK$1,000 ("Coupon"). The eligibility for the Coupon shall depend on the Loan amount drawn down and loan tenor, the details are set out in table below:
Loan Amount (HK$) Coupon for submission of all required documents within 7 calendar days (HK$) Coupon for successfully drawdown the Program Loan on or before 31 March 2016 (HK$) Total Coupon (HK$) Applicable to Loan Tenor 12 and 24 months $200,000 or above $100 $100 $200 Applicable to Loan Tenor 36, 48 and 60 months $50,000 - $99,999 $100 $100 $200 $100,000 - $199,999 $100 $400 $500 $200,000 or above $100 $900 $1,000
- To be eligible for the Coupon, eligible client’s Loan account must be existing and valid with no past due or unsatisfactory credit history as determined by the Bank in its sole discretion in order to enjoy the Coupon.
- The redemption letter of the Coupon will be sent out by mail to the respective eligible client’s correspondence address as provided in the online application form at the second month after the Loan drawdown.
- The Online Application Service Pledge ("Service Pledge") is only applicable to clients who apply for any Standard Chartered Personal Loans (including Personal Instalment Loan and Debt Consolidation Program) by successfully completing all the required data and submitting the online application forms via the Bank website www.sc.com/hk and providing a valid mobile phone number.
- Under the Service Pledge, for any online applications received before 12:00 noon of any business days, a designated staff of the Bank will follow up the applications with clients by calling the contact phone number provided by the clients on the application within the same day before 5:00 p.m. If the online applications are received after 12:00 noon or during non business days, the designated staff of the Bank will follow up the applications with clients on the next business day before 2:00 p.m. If clients cannot be contacted by phone number(s) provided in the application within the above mentioned time, a notification SMS will be sent to clients' mobile number as provided in the online application forms within the same day. The language of notification SMS will be subject to the language of clients' by completing online application forms.
- In any circumstances where the Bank fails to contact client by phone and fails to send out SMS to clients according to requirement stated in point 2 above, a HK$100 Supermarket Cash Coupon ("Coupon") will be offered to the client. The Coupon will be sent by mail to clients' correspondence address as provided in the online application form, on or before 31 May 2016. To be eligible for this Coupon, the loan applications should not be cancelled by the clients before the Bank's final decision.
- Whether the SMS successfully reach the relevant clients will be subject to the record of SMS network provider of the Bank.
- The Service Pledge is not available to those online applications with invalid / no correspondence address provided.
|The Bank received online applications||Bank Staff made follow-up calls|
|Before 12:00 noon on any business days||Same business day before 5:00 p.m.|
|After 12:00 noon on any business days or during non business days||Next business day before 2:00 p.m.|
- Online Offers consist of offers in section A – C above.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Online Exclusive Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers.
- The Coupon (as defined under Section B and C) is not transferable, returnable or redeemable for cash. The use of the Coupon is subject to the terms and conditions as stipulated by the supplier (if applicable).
- Clients understand and accept that the Bank is not the supplier of the products/ services purchased from the merchant (including the Coupon). The Bank shall bear no liability relating to any aspect of the products/services/ Coupon, including without limitation, their quality, the supply, the descriptions of goods and/or services provided by the merchant, any false trade description, misrepresentation, mis-statement, omission, unauthorised representation, unfair trade practices or conduct in connection the products / services / Coupon provided by the merchant, its employees, officers or agents.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend or terminate the above offers and any of the above terms and conditions from time to time. For any and all matters or disputes regarding the above, the Bank's decision shall be final and binding.
- In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- To be eligible for this personal instalment loan, your annual income has to be HK$60,000 or above.
- We reserve the right to determine the loan amount, limit, monthly repayment amount, interest rate or any other offer in respect of the loan applied, or to decline your application in its entirety without giving you any reason for doing so. If your application is declined, no contractual relationship arises between us and you in respect of any product or service requested in your application.
- In case if your application is approved, the pricing (such as interest rate and handling fee) will be offered to you based on the credit record you submit to us upon your application. We reserve the right to modify such pricing offered to you by giving you 30 days advance notice based on our credit assessment from time to time including, but not only limited to, your repayment record, credit bureau grading and our prevailing credit policy.
- We may have obtained a credit report on the client and any of its sureties from a credit reference agency in considering any application for credit. In the event the client or any of its sureties wishes to access the credit report, we will advise the contact details of the relevant credit reference agency.
- We may set off any amount we owe you against any amount you owe us (whether or not the obligation is matured or contingent).
- Without limiting the above, our “Notice to Customers and Other Individuals relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data” (“Notice”, which is available to you at any of our branches and/or on our website at www.sc.com/hk) also forms part of the banking agreement. We will be using the information you provide to us and for such purposes as set out in the Notice.
- We reserve the right to amend the contents and all the important notes or terms and conditions here at any time. In case of disputes, our decision shall be final.
- If there is any inconstancy of conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
- Choosing the account that is right for you
We can structure your personal instalment loan to suit your personal banking needs. If you need us to explain any of the features of, or the terms applying to, any personal instalment loan products, please contact us.
- The instalment loan
- Interest, fees and charges
- ensure that you have sufficient funds in the account to be debited (including the repayment account);
- not stop cheques;
- not cancel or vary any payment arrangement (unless we ask you to do so to reflect a change in the instalments) or close or change the account on which cheques are drawn.
- organise a payment arrangement with the other financial institution under which an amount equal to each instalment amount is debited from the repayment account and paid to us on each instalment payment date and give us satisfactory evidence that this is in place; or
- provide us with any authority we require to enable us to debit the instalment amount, from the repayment account.
- the instalment loan plus all accrued but unpaid interest plus any other sum due to us is immediately due and payable; and
- we will charge you a late payment fee as set out in the tariff sheet or elsewhere in our banking agreement.
You may prepay all (but not part) of the instalment loan if:
- you give us reasonable notice in writing; and
- when you prepay, you also pay all accrued but unpaid interest, fees and charges in connection with the instalment loan (including any early settlement fees as set out in the tariff sheet or elsewhere in our banking agreement). Details of these fees and charges are available by contacting us.
Our Client Terms set out when you and we may end your use of any product and what you need to do if that happens. This includes immediate payment of the balance owing for the account for the instalment loan. This clause sets out additional circumstances in which you or we may cancel the instalment loan.
- Telephone enquiry
When we receive an enquiry by telephone, we may verify an enquirer's identity by asking them to provide your Hong Kong Identity Card number (or passport number if you do not have a Hong Kong Identity Card), the loan amount applied for and any other information we see fit. If we genuinely believe the enquirer to be you, you authorise us to disclose the following data to the enquirer:
- loan approval status (approved, pending or rejected); and
- if the loan is approved, the exact amount approved, the interest rate, the number of instalments, the final payment date and the drawdown date.
If we provide the instalment loan by cheque, the cheque is only valid for the period we specify and instalments are payable even if the cheque is not cashed.
- HK$1,000 per month
- Payable when you do not repay a monthly instalment on or before the relevant due date
- standard rate ranging from 1-2% p.a. on the drawdown amount (The final approved rate will be considered on a case-by-case basis. For details, please refer to the letter of the loan approval)
- To be deducted from the drawdown amount before depositing it to your repayment account
- 2.5% of the total redeemed amount
- Payable when you repay the loan in full early
|1.||Late Payment Charge|
|3.||Early Redemption Penalty|
*For details of the fees and charges as shown on the tariff sheet, please contact any of our branches and /or visit our website at www.sc.com/hk.