- Terms and Conditions:
I. General Terms and Conditions
- Unless otherwise specified, the promotion period of this email offer is from now to 31 January 2016 (both dates inclusive) (the "Promotion Period").
- The offers are only applicable to selected clients, who are the recipients of this email ("Selected Clients").
- Selected Clients will be entitled to the offers as specified under Sections II, III and IV only once within the Promotion Period and cannot be enjoyed in conjunction with other balance growth offers. Only primary account holder will be entitled to the offers if the account(s) is / are set up in joint names.
- "Total Balance" includes the aggregate balance of deposits, investments and accumulated premiums of selected insurance under personal account as primary account holder. The balance of a joint account will only be counted as the total balance of the primary account holder.
- If the relevant account balance (or premium under any life assurance basic plans) is denominated in foreign currency, for the purpose of calculating any entitlement under the offers, Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited’s (the "Bank") exchange rate (or exchange rate by Prudential Hong Kong Limited ("Prudential") for insurance premium) quoted at its discretion from time to time will be adopted for converting the relevant account balance (or insurance premium) from the foreign currency to Hong Kong Dollar ("HKD") equivalent, which will then be used to calculate the reward entitlement.
- The Bank reserves the right to determine the calculation methods applied under the offers (including in ascertaining the amount of any applicable balance requirement) and verify the client’s transaction record in considering the client’s eligibility for the offers.
- Eligible client’s Priority Banking service must remain valid at the time when such offers are credited or delivered to the client. Otherwise, the reward under such offers will be forfeited absolutely and not be provided to the client through any other means.
- The Bank will credit the entitled amount of cash reward, if any, under Sections II, III and IV below, to the HKD deposit account under the eligible client’s personal name as primary account holder with the Bank in the following sequence: i) Integrated Deposits Account; ii) Current Account; iii) Statement Savings Account and; iv) Passbook Savings Account on or before 31 May 2016. If the client has no valid HKD deposit account, the Bank will credit to the eligible client’s USD deposit account as the above sequence. For joint name account, only if the eligible client is the primary account holder. If the client has more than one account under same account type, the Bank will select any one of the accounts for the crediting at its discretions with the latest account opening date. If the client does not have any valid account mentioned above, the reward under such offers will be forfeited absolutely and not be provided to the client through any other means. A notification will be made to the eligible client upon crediting of cash reward.
- Selected Client must submit his / her English name of the Asia MilesTM membership and Asia Miles membership account number via designated online registration form within the Promotion Period, in order to be eligible to the Asia Miles offers. Successful registration cannot be cancelled. Valid Asia Miles membership account must be held by the account holder of the relevant deposit account input in the relevant online registration form and such account holder must fulfil corresponding promotion requirements. The Bank does not accept non-account holders’ Asia Miles membership accounts for miles crediting. The information provided by client via the designated online registration form will be passed to Asia Miles Limited for fulfilment purpose only. The Bank will forward the relevant information, including valid Asia Miles membership number and English full name of the eligible client, as well as the entitled amount of miles, if any, to Asia Miles Limited on or before 31 May 2016. Miles will be credited into relevant account within 4 to 6 weeks thereafter. In case client has submitted incorrect or insufficient information, the miles crediting will be cancelled by the Bank without notification. Client is deemed to select cash reward if client has not submitted the information to the online registration form within the Promotion Period.
- Each of the banking products or services set out in the terms and conditions is subject to the relevant eligibility, application process and product terms and conditions. For further details, please refer to branch staff for assistance.
- The Bank reserves the right to vary, modify, extend or terminate any of the offers and to amend the applicable terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- Clients understand and accept that the Bank is not the supplier of any of gift, items or coupon rewarded (as the case may be) offered in this campaign. The Bank shall have no liability relating to any aspect of the gift, items or coupon, including, without limitation, their quality, the supply, the descriptions of the gifts provided by the merchants, any false trade description, misrepresentation, mis-statement, omission, unauthorized representation, unfair trade practices or conduct in connection with the gifts, made by the merchants, their employees, officers or agents. The uses of the gift(s) are subject to the terms and conditions as stipulated by the merchants (if applicable).
- Terms and Conditions of Asia Miles apply for redemption and/or use of Asia Miles. For details, please visit www.asiamiles.com. The Bank is not obliged to notify you of any changes or latest announcements of Asia Miles. Clients understand and accept that the Bank is not supplier of the redeemed items (including Asia Miles). The Bank shall bear no liability relating to any aspect of the Asia Miles and/or redeemed items, including without limitation, their quality, the supply, the descriptions provided by the supplier, any false trade description, misrepresentation, mis-statement, omission, unauthorized representation, unfair trade practices or conduct in connection with the Asia Miles and/or redeemed items provided by the supplier, its employees, officers or agents.
- In the event that clients are also entitled to other prevailing promotion offers or privileges, the Bank reserves the right to provide only one or some of the offers and/or privilege(s) at its absolute discretion.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail. In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
II. Terms and Conditions of "Total Balance Growth" Reward
- "Total Balance Growth" Reward is only applicable to clients who deposit to the Bank with new funds by cash, cheque/cashier’s order, inward CHATs, telegraphic transfer from other banks or transfer-in Investment Funds, Debt Securities or Securities from other banks or financial institutions to the investment product account held with the Bank on or before 31 January 2016.
- Subject to Clause 5 of Section II, "Total Balance Growth" refers to the net growth of client’s Total Balance as of 31 January 2016, against the Total Balance as of 30 November 2015.
- The "Total Balance Growth" must be maintained until 31 March 2016 in order to be eligible for the reward.
- Selected Clients may be entitled to the corresponding rewards upon fulfilment of the requirement above and the relevant Total Balance Growth amount:
#Against the Total Balance as of 30 November 2015
|Total Balance Growth Amount as of 31 January 2016#(HKD or HKD equivalent)
|$8,000,000 or above
|$5,000,000 to less than $8,000,000
|$1,000,000 to less than $5,000,000
|$500,000 to less than $1,000,000
- For the avoidance of doubt, any balance growth in Marathon Savings Account, and/or any transfer of funds from any accounts within the Bank during the Promotion Period will NOT be counted towards the "Total Balance Growth" under the "Total Balance Growth" Reward.
III. Terms and Conditions of Early Bird Offer
- Early Bird Offer is only applicable to Selected Clients who fulfill the following requirement within the Promotion Period:
- Subject to Clause 1 (ii) of Section III, have fulfilled the requirements under Section II and are entitled to “Total Balance Growth” Reward; and
- Have achieved the “Total Balance Growth” of HK$500,000 or above (in excess of his/her Total Balance at the Bank as of 30 November 2015) on or before 31 December 2015 and maintained the net growth until 31 March 2016.
- On top of the relevant “Total Balance Growth” Reward set out in Section II, eligible clients are entitled to below corresponding Early Bird Offer rewards according to their “Total Balance Growth” amount as of 31 December 2015:
- “Total Balance Growth” of HK$500,000 to less than HK$1,000,000 can enjoy 5,000 Asia Miles or HK$500 cash rewards OR
- “Total Balance Growth” of HK$1,000,000 or above can enjoy 8,000 Asia Miles or HK$800 cash rewards.
- Each eligible client is entitled to this offer only once.
IV. Terms and Conditions of "Designated Product(s) Subscription" Reward
- "Designated Products(s) Subscription" Reward is only applicable to Selected Clients who fulfil the following requirement ("Eligible Client") within the Promotion Period:
- Have fulfilled the requirements under Section II and are entitled to "Total Balance Growth" Reward; and
- Successfully subscribe to Designated Product(s) (defined below) at the Bank; and
- Each Designated Product aggregate subscription amount, first year’s total annualized premium or single premium reaches at least HK$200,000 or equivalent ("Minimum Required Amount").
- Each Eligible Client can enjoy 4,000 Asia Miles OR HK$400 cash reward for each Designated Product subscription. For the same Designated Product, reward will only be granted once regardless of the number of subscription.
- Designated Product(s) include:
- Investment Funds
- Premium Deposit
- Debt Securities
Only debt securities transaction in secondary market is eligible for the reward. Retail IPO Bonds or Structured Notes are not eligible for the reward.
- Equity Linked Investment
- Structured Investment Series-Currency Linked
- Life Assurance Basic Plan (excluding investment-linked insurance plans)
For the purpose of the "Designated Product(s) Subscription" Reward, the calculations of the aggregate first year’s total annualized premium of life assurance basic plans (excluding investment-linked insurance plans) must meet the following requirements:
- They are life assurance basic plans (excluding investment-linked insurance plans) underwritten by Prudential Hong Kong Limited (a member of Prudential plc group) ("Prudential"), applied through the Bank and successfully approved by 31 January 2016; and
- Sold by Prudential’s Financial Services Managers located at the Bank’s branches or by the Bank’s sales staff; and
- Relevant Policy(ies) must be approved and issued by Prudential on or before 31 January 2016 and full initial premium must be paid to Prudential on or before the designated date set by Prudential. If client cancels the Relevant Policy(ies) within the cooling-off period, the respective premium amount will not be counted towards eligible product aggregate subscription amount; and
- Remain in force (as determined by Prudential at its sole discretion) when the relevant reward is delivered to the client; otherwise, the Bank has the absolute right to forfeit any reward offered in respect of such policy(ies) or relevant plan(s); and
- If premiums are paid on a non-annual basis, the first year’s total annualized premium shall be calculated on a proportional basis. If premiums are paid monthly, the first year’s total annualized premium shall be 12 times of the monthly premium amount.
- Foreign Currencies Conversions
Eligible Foreign Currency Conversions must be converted from one currency to another in the Bank.
Important Notes for Life Assurance Plan
- The life assurance plans are life insurance products and are not bank deposit. They are underwritten by Prudential Hong Kong Limited (a member of Prudential plc group) ("Prudential") and distributed by the Bank. Some of these plans may have a savings element and are not an alternative to ordinary savings or time deposits. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs.
- If you are not happy with your policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling-off period and obtain a refund of any premiums paid, less any withdrawals (if applicable), provided that no claim has been made under the policy. A written notice signed by you should be received directly by the Prudential’s Hong Kong Principal Office at 25th Floor, One Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period (that is, within 21 days after the delivery of the policy or issue of a notice (informing you or your representative about the availability of the policy and expiry date of the cooling-off period), whichever is the earlier). After the expiration of the cooling-off period, if you cancel the policy before the end of the term, the projected total cash value (if applicable) may be less than the total premium you have paid. You should check with Prudential if you have any doubt regarding your cooling-off right.
- The Bank is an insurance agent of Prudential.
- As the issuer of the life assurance plans, Prudential will be responsible for all protection and claims issues. Prudential is not an associate or subsidiary company of the Bank. This is not a contract of insurance and is intended to be a general summary for reference purpose only. Please refer to the policy for full terms and conditions. The Bank does not accept any responsibilities regarding any statements provided by Prudential or any discrepancies or omissions in the contract of insurance nor shall the Bank be held liable in any manner whatsoever in relation to your contract of insurance.
- This document is intended to be distributed in Hong Kong only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Hong Kong. Prudential and the Bank do not offer or sell any insurance product in any jurisdictions outside Hong Kong in which such offering or sale of the insurance product is illegal under the laws of such jurisdictions. This document does not constitute a contract of insurance or an offer, invitations or recommendation to any person to enter into any contract of insurance or any transaction described therein or any similar transaction.
- Whether to apply for insurance coverage is your own individual decision. For Prudential’s life assurance plan policy provisions, details and risk disclosure, please refer to relevant plan’s product leaflet/offering document and specimen policy.
- In respect of an eligible dispute arising between the Bank and the client out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the client; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between directly Prudential and the client.
Risk Disclosure Statement for all Investment Products
- Investment involves risks. The prices of investment products fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of the investment products may move up or down and may become valueless, and clients may not get back the amount they have invested. Past performance is no guide to its future performance.
- Clients should read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant offering documents and in particular the investment policies and the risk factors and latest financial results information carefully and is advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision. Clients should not only base on this document alone to make investment decisions. Clients should ensure they fully understand the risks associated with investment products and should also consider their own investment objective and risk tolerance level.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Investment Funds Services
- Investment involves risk. The prices of units/shares of unit trust or mutual funds fluctuate, sometimes dramatically and may become valueless. Clients may not get back the amount they have invested. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling unit trusts or mutual funds. Past performance is no guide to its future performance.
- Clients should read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant offering documents and in particular the investment policies and the risk factors and latest financial results information carefully and are advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision. Clients should ensure they fully understand the risks associated with unit trusts or mutual funds and should also consider their own investment objective and risk tolerance level.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Premium Deposit
- Investment involves risk. The worst case will result in loss of your entire investment.
- Principal Loss Risk/Currency Risk – This product is not principal-protected and the return of which will be dependent on movements in some specified currency exchange rates which are affected by a wide range of factors and may rise or fall rapidly.
- Liquidity Risk/Early Withdrawal Risk/Cancellation Risk – Any cancellation or withdrawal prior to maturity is subject to the consent of the Bank. With these risks, clients may incur significant costs or losses.
Not Protection under Deposit Protection Scheme
- Premium Deposit is NOT an alternative to ordinary saving or time deposit, and is NOT a protected deposit and NOT being protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Equity Linked Investment Services
- The price or value of the Equity Linked Investments (ELIs) fluctuates, sometimes dramatically. The price or value of the ELIs may move up or down, and may even become valueless. It is as likely those losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of subscribing for, buying and selling the ELIs. Clients should therefore carefully consider whether such transactions are suitable in light of their financial position and investment objectives before entering into such transactions.
- Not principal protected: ELIs are not principal protected. You may suffer a loss if the prices of the underlying asset(s) of an ELI go against your view. In extreme cases, you could lose your entire investment.
- Limited potential gain: the potential return on your ELI may be capped at a predetermined level specified by the issuer.
- Credit risk of the issuer: when you purchase an ELI, you rely on the credit-worthiness of the issuer. In case of default or insolvency of the issuer, you will have to rely on your distributor to take action on your behalf to claim as an unsecured creditor of the issuer regardless of the performance of the reference asset(s).
- No collateral: ELIs are not secured on any assets or collateral.
- Limited market making: issuers may provide limited market making arrangement for their ELIs. However, if you try to terminate an ELI before maturity under the market making arrangement provided by the issuer, you may receive an amount which is substantially less than your original investment amount.
- Investing in an ELI is not the same as investing in the reference asset(s): during the investment period, you have no rights in the reference asset(s). Changes in the market price of such reference asset(s) may not lead to a corresponding change in the market value and/or potential payout of the ELI.
- Conflicts of interest: issuer of an ELI may also play different roles, such as the arranger, the market agent and the calculation agent of the ELI. Conflicts of interest may arise from the different roles played by the issuer, its subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with the ELI.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Debt Securities Services
- The price of bonds can and does fluctuate and the price of any individual bonds may experience upward or downward movements and may even become valueless. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profits made as a result of trading bonds. Independent assessment of the risk and appropriateness of the transaction in light of your own objectives and circumstances, including the possible risks and benefits of entering into such transaction, should be considered before entering into any transaction.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Foreign Currency
- Foreign exchange involves risks. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of a foreign currency may result in gains or losses in the event that the client converts deposit from the foreign currency to another currency (including Hong Kong Dollar).
Risk Disclosure Statements for Renminbi
- Renminbi ("RMB") exchange rate, like any other currency, is affected by a wide range of factors and is subject to fluctuations. Such fluctuations may result in gains and losses in the event that the client subsequently converts RMB to another currency (including Hong Kong dollars); and
- RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB through banks in Hong Kong is subject to restrictions specified by the Bank and regulatory requirements applicable from time to time. The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.
Risk Disclosure Statements for Securities Trading
- Investment involves risks. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically and may become valueless. Past performance of any securities is no guide to its future performance. Clients should consider their own investment objectives and risk tolerance level, and read the Terms and Conditions of relevant Securities Services before making any investment decision.
Risk Disclosure Statements for Structured Investment Series
- Structured Investment Series is a structured investment product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in this product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- Structured Investment Series carry risks not normally associated with ordinary bank deposits, and are not a suitable substitute for ordinary savings or time deposits. You should not invest in Structured Investment Series unless you have sufficient funds or liquidity so as to enable you to keep the investment until the maturity date. The principal amount of the investment under Structured Investment Series is protected only if held to the maturity date without being cancelled or withdrawn by you. Any such cancellation or withdrawal prior to the maturity date is subject to the consent of the Bank, and may incur costs or losses to you which may even result in a negative rate of return. Where you hold the investment until the maturity date, the interest or yield on the investment may also be affected by movements in the relevant reference value of the underlying asset. The total return on the investment may be zero or significantly less than the return which might be obtained on a normal time deposit in the event of an adverse movement in the relevant reference value of the underlying asset. Please refer to the relevant product materials for details.
- Structured Investment Series is NOT equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. It is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Investment involves risks.
- This webpage does not constitute any offer, invitation or recommendation to any person to enter into any transaction described therein or any similar transaction, nor does it constitute any prediction of likely future price movements.
- Investors should not make investment decisions based on this webpage alone.
- This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.