A more secure online shopping experience
The One-time Password (“OTP”) provides you with a more secure online shopping experience.
The OTP will be required when you make an online transaction with your Standard Chartered Visa Card / Mastercard® / WorldMiles Card^ at designated online merchants which carry the following marks:
No registration is required for this enhanced service. Simply maintain an updated mobile phone number with the Bank, and you can enjoy a peace of mind shopping experience with your card.
Update your mobile phone number with ease!
If you need to update your mobile number with the bank, please submit your request via the following channels:
- Download the Change of Contact Information Form for Individual Client and mail it back to the Bank
- Visit any of our branch to submit the Change of Contact Information Form for Individual Client
- Call our Customer Service Hotline at 2886 4111 (Standard Chartered Credit Card) or 2881 0888 (MANHATTAN Card)
^ With effect from 8 April 2014, Standard Chartered American Express® Card will be renamed to Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card.
- OTP is not applicable to cardholders of Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card.
- If the online transaction is made with a supplementary card which shares the same card number with the principal card, the OTP will only be sent to the principal cardholder’s registered mobile phone number.
- OTP is only applicable to valid mobile phone number refers to a local Hong Kong 8-digit mobile number. Overseas mobile phone number is not included.
- Effective from 20 September 2017, the use of one-time password will be extended from Visa / Mastercard credit card to Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card for online transaction(s). A one-time password SMS will be sent to you once you make online transaction(s) with your Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card. If you do not have a valid local Hong Kong 8-digit mobile number registered in the credit card system of the Bank, such transaction(s) mentioned above might be declined. Therefore, please provide or update your valid local Hong Kong 8-digit mobile number with the Bank.