3.2 Only the Eligible Transactions made by the Eligible Client (who is the Principal cardholder of the Card) will be counted for Points. If the Eligible Transactions are made under a joint account, only the account(s) held by the Eligible Client in the capacity as primary account holder/borrower in such joint account will be counted for Points.
3.3 For Points calculation purposes, the balance of the relevant product held by an Eligible Client will be converted to Hong Kong Dollar (“HKD”) in the following situations on the specified basis:
- if the relevant account balance is denominated in foreign currency – the Bank’s exchange rate as of last calendar day of the month will be adopted for converting the daily average balance of the relevant account from the foreign currency to HKD equivalent, which will then be used to calculate the monthly balance of the account;
- if the relevant account is holding Investment Funds, Securities, Debt Securities or Equity Linked Investment – the Bank’s daily Net Asset Value price of the relevant Investment Funds, or the market price of the relevant Securities or Debt Securities will be adopted to calculate the daily aggregate balance of the relevant account, which will then be used to calculate the monthly balance of the account.
3.4 For Points calculation purposes under the Personal Instalment Loan and Mortgage Loan categories:
- To be eligible for the Offer, the relevant loan account(s) of the Eligible Client under the respective categories should be valid and in good financial standing; and
- If the Bank has not received payment from the Eligible Client on or before the relevant due date in respect of any credit facility(ies) under the respective categories, no Points will be calculated and awarded to the Eligible Client unless and until the relevant account(s) has/have resumed to valid and good financial standing.
3.5 For MortgageOne® Account under Mortgage Loan Category, the balance used for calculating Points is the net loan balance (that is, outstanding loan principal minus deposits credited to the MortgageOne® Account) on the last calendar day in that month. In the event that outstanding loan principal is less than the deposits credited to the MortgageOne® Account resulting in a net deposits balance, no Points will be offered.
3.6 For Points calculation purposes under Insurance category:
- To be eligible for the Offer, the life assurance basic plan(s) (except for investment-linked insurance plan) must be either sold by Prudential’s Executive Financial Services Managers located at the Bank’s branches or Insurance Specialist/Sales staff of the Bank.
- If the client cancels the relevant assurance plan(s) or policy(ies) within the cooling-off period, Points will not be offered for such plan(s) or policy(ies).
- The relevant policy(ies) must remain in force (as determined by Prudential at its sole discretion) and the premium level must remain the same as (or above) the initial premium level determined at the time of issuance of the policy(ies); otherwise, the Bank has the absolute right to forfeit and debit any Points awarded in respect of such policy(ies) or relevant plan(s).
3.7 Any remaining balance that falls short from earning any Points based on the criteria referred above during a month will neither be combined with other balance in other product categories nor be carried forward for Points calculation purposes in any subsequent months.
4. As a prerequisite for Points being earned under the Offer, Eligible Client must use the Card at least once during the relevant month to pay for a retail purchase transaction (including but not limited to monthly instalment and bill payment) or make a cash advance.
5. Points will be calculated monthly, and subject to the terms below, will be credited to the Card account in the following month. Details of any award of Points during a relevant month will be shown on the credit card statement or consolidated banking statement (where applicable) to be issued to the relevant Eligible Client in the following month. For example, if during September 2017, 1,000 Points were earned by an Eligible Client; in October 2017, they will be credited to the Card account and shown on the credit card statement or consolidated banking statement (where applicable) issued to the Eligible Client.
6. Notwithstanding the above, the Points will not be awarded to the Eligible Client unless the Eligible Client has maintained a PB Relationship package with the Bank and all the account(s) of the Eligible Client at the Bank is/are valid and in good financial standing. The Bank further reserves the right to refuse to credit or honour any Points if the relevant Eligible Client fails once or more to pay on or before the relevant due date under any credit facility (including credit card) the Eligible Client has at or with the Bank.
7. For clients who newly sign up for PB Relationship package, the Offer will not be available to those clients until the next calendar month after their sign-up and subject to the validity and financial standing of the Card the relevant client is holding.
8. If the Card account is voluntarily/involuntarily closed, all Points unredeemed, unused or not yet credited to the Card account will be immediately forfeited upon the account closure.
9. The methods used to compute Points and the criteria of Eligible Transactions and products relating thereto are decided and subject to the sole discretion of the Bank. The Bank may review such methods and criteria from time to time. In case of any disputes, the Bank’s decision shall be final and binding.
10. Points awarded under this Offer will be valid for use for at the maximum of 3 years as particularly specified in the relevant monthly statements. Points cannot be redeemed for cash. The usage and validity of Points will be subject to the relevant terms and conditions as set out in the Bank’s 360° Rewards catalogue which will be reviewed and amended by the Bank from time to time.
11. In the event that the Eligible Client is also entitled to another prevailing promotion offer(s) of the Bank, the Bank reserves the right to provide only one or some of the offer(s) at its absolute discretion.
12. The Bank reserves the right to terminate the Offer and to vary or modify any of the above terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice. In case of disputes, the Bank’s decision shall be final and binding.
13. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms, the English version shall prevail.