A. General Terms and Conditions
1. This website is intended as a general guide for reference only. Benefits and features may be subject to local country regulatory restrictions. Please refer to the Priority Banking Welcome Booklet or relevant promotion leaflet for detailed information.
2. Vendor-provided services are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the vendors. The Bank is not the vendor of such services and gives no guarantee to the quality of service provided by the vendor and shall not be held responsible for any liability arising out of or in conjunction with the use or consumption thereof.
3. The Bank reserves the right to terminate any offers and to vary or modify any of the terms and conditions from time to time. In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
4. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
B. Terms and Conditions for Free Limousine Service
1. The promotion period is from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017 (the "Promotion Period").
2. The single trip, point-to-point free limousine services by 4-seater Standard Mercedes-Benz S320L (the "Services") will be offered by Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank").
3. The Services will be available on any calendar date between 06:01 to 00:00 during the Promotion Period.
4. The Services are only applicable to the Priority Banking clients (the "Eligible Clients"):
a. who are not holding HKID Card but holding an international passport, One-way Permit or Exit-entry Permit;
b. with a minimum total balance requirement* with the Bank at the time the client requests the Services as shown in the table below;
|Minimum Total Balance Requirement*||Types of Services to be Entitled|
|HK$1,000,000||Within Hong Kong** (Type A)|
|HK$8,000,000||Between Hong Kong and China** (Type B)|
*The Total Balance including the aggregate balance of deposits, investments and accumulated premiums of selected insurance policies of the primary account holders and personal account.
**Specific locations only. For details, please refer to the designated Relationship Manager.
c. completed an appointment with their designated Relationship Managers.
5. The Eligible Clients will be entitled to the Services twice only during the Promotion Period.
6. The Eligible Clients have to refer to their designated Relationship Managers for the specific districts included in the Service Type A and Type B.
7. The following information of the Eligible Clients will be provided to the designated service provider (the "Service Provider") for limousine service’s arrangement:
(a)Eligible Client’s full name in English and Chinese (if applicable);
(b)Eligible Client’s contact no.;
(c)Pick up point / Date & Time;
(d)Drop off point / Date & Time;
(e)Train / Flight / Ferry No.;
(f)Huanggang Port / Hong Kong-Shenzhen Western Corridor as appropriate (only applicable to Type B).
8. Advance notice is required for reserving the Service:
(a) Type A: 1 day before pick-up;
(b) Type B: 2 days before pick-up.
9. The following extra services requested by the Eligible Client during the Services will be charged by the Service Provider at the Eligible Clients’ own cost:
(a)HK$150 per one stopover;
(b)HK$50 for any wait over 15 minutes and thereafter HK$50 per every 5 minutes;
(c)Any parking service which may or may not incur parking fees.
If more than 2 additional stopovers are required by the Eligible Client during the journey, the Service Provider reserves the right to change the services into "On Hire Services". The cost of that journey will also be settled by the Eligible Clients and the Terms and Conditions will be subject to the Service Provider.
10. Eligibility to the Services cannot be transferred to a third party. The Eligible Client may enjoy the Services together with no more than 1 extra passenger.
11. The availability of the Services will be subject to the final confirmation of the Service Provider.
12. The Services are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the Service Provider. The Bank is not the Service Provider of the Services and gives no guarantee to the quality of the services provided by the supplier and shall not be held responsible for any liability arising from or in connection with the use or consumption thereof.
13. The Bank reserves the right to terminate any of the above Services and to vary or modify any of the terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice.
In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
14. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
C. Risk Disclosure Statement
1. Policy risk
Investments in China, as well as deposits, are likely to be susceptible to the country's important political, economic and tax policy changes and reforms, the impact of which may adversely affect the performance and return of such investments and deposits.
2. Foreign currency risk
- Foreign Exchange Risk:
Foreign Exchange involves risks. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of a foreign currency may result in gains or losses in the event that the client converts a time deposit from the foreign currency to HKD.
- RMB Exchange Risk:
- Renminbi (“RMB”) exchange rate, like any other currency, is affected by a wide range of factors and is subject to fluctuations. Such fluctuations may result in gains and losses in the event that the client subsequently converts RMB to another currency (including Hong Kong dollars); and
- RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB through banks in Hong Kong is subject to restrictions specified by the Bank and regulatory requirements applicable from time to time.
3. Investment risk
Investment involves risks. The prices of investment products may move up or down and the worst case will result in loss of your entire investment. Investors should consider their own investment objective, investment experience, financial situation and risk tolerance level; and also read the terms and conditions of the relevant investment services / offering documents including the risk disclosures, and are advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision.
This document does not constitute any invitation or recommendation to any person to enter into any transaction of financial products. Investors should not only base on this document alone to make investment decisions. This document has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!