Important Notes for Life Insurance:
- The life assurance plans are life insurance products and are not bank deposit. They are underwritten by Prudential Hong Kong Limited (a member of Prudential plc group) (“Prudential”). Some of these plans may have a savings element and are not an alternative to ordinary savings or time deposits. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs.
- If you are not happy with your policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling-off period and obtain a refund of any premiums paid, less any withdrawals (if applicable), provided that no claim has been made under the policy. A written notice signed by you should be received directly by Prudential at 8/F., Prudential Tower, The Gateway Harbour City, 21 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period (that is, within 21 days after the delivery of the policy or issue of a notice (informing you or your representative about the availability of the policy and expiry date of the cooling-off period), whichever is the earlier). After the expiration of the cooling-off period, if you cancel the policy before the end of the term, the projected total cash value (if applicable) may be less than the total premium you have paid. You should check with Prudential if you have any doubt regarding your cooling-off right.
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (“SCBHK”) is an insurance agent of Prudential.
- As the issuer of the life assurance plans, Prudential will be responsible for all protection and claims issues. Prudential is not an associate or subsidiary company of SCBHK. This booklet is not a contract of insurance and is intended to be a general summary for reference purpose only. Please refer to the policy for full terms and conditions. SCBHK does not accept any responsibilities regarding any statements provided by Prudential or any discrepancies or omissions in the contract of insurance nor shall SCBHK be held liable in any manner whatsoever in relation to your contract of insurance.
- This booklet is intended to be distributed in Hong Kong only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Hong Kong. Prudential and the Bank do not offer or sell any insurance product in any jurisdictions outside Hong Kong in which such offering or sale of the insurance product is illegal under the laws of such jurisdictions. This booklet does not constitute a contract of insurance or an offer, invitations or recommendation to any person to enter into any contract of insurance or any transaction described therein or any similar transaction.
- Whether to apply for insurance coverage is your own individual decision. For Prudential’s life assurance plan policy provisions, details and risk disclosure, please refer to relevant plan’s product leaflet/offering document and specimen policy.
- In respect of an eligible dispute arising between SCBHK and the client out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, SCBHK is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the client; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between directly Prudential and the client.
Important Notes for Travel Accident Insurance:
- Travel Accident Insurance are underwritten by MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited (“MSIG”) which is a general insurer authorised and regulated by the Commissioner of Insurance of the HKSAR. Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (“SCBHK”) is an insurance agent appointed by MSIG. To the extent permissible by law, SCBHK shall not be liable to any person for the use of any of the above information.
- The above information is intended as a general summary. It is for reference only and is not an offer for subscription of any insurance product. The policy may contain Terms and Conditions which are not detailed in the above. If there is any discrepancy between the information contained in the above and the Terms of the policy, the Terms of the policy shall prevail. For exact Terms and Conditions, and details of the exclusions, please refer to the relevant policy or contact MSIG.
- The material and information contained on this booklet is provided for general information only and should not be used as a basis for making business decisions. Any advice or information received via this booklet should not be relied upon without consulting primary or more accurate or more up-to-date sources of information or specific professional advice. You are recommended to obtain such professional advice where appropriate.
- The above general insurance plans are only available for subscription by residents of the HKSAR, subject to the relevant Terms and Conditions.
- In respect of an eligible dispute arising between the Bank and the client out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the client; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between directly MSIG and the client.