Seamless high-quality everyday banking
Convenient banking solutions, delivered digitally
You live a busy life. So you need convenient everyday banking that works for you. We offer a suite of convenient, easy and fully digital banking services, so that you continue to focus on your life, family, career and financial aspirations.
We’ll sign you up fast so you can take immediate advantage of:
- Online and mobile banking services
- Move funds between your savings and investment accounts
- Top-of-the-line credit cards, including the Priority Banking Credit Card
- An online Investment Fund Services and Securities Services account
Manage your money anywhere, anytime with our award-winning online and mobile banking services that give you and your family the most precious currency of all. More time in your busy lives.
- Check balances and statements, pay bills or transfer funds to other local bank accounts without charge (excluding Local Bank Transfer Payment through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS, also known as CHATs - Clearing House Automated Transfer System)) on your mobile phone, tablet or laptop
Priority Banking Card (ATM Card)
You deserve Priority benefits wherever you go. Your Priority Banking Card opens the door to a wide range of convenient services.
- Make purchases at all UnionPay or Maestro enabled merchants
- Free1 withdrawals at UnionPay, CIRRUS or JETCO ATM networks worldwide2. For more details, please refer to Appendix 4
Convenient local and foreign currency accounts
With Priority Banking, your money is never idle with our local and foreign currency savings account. And, if you choose to open a Bonus Payroll Account, you could enjoy even better returns.
Customised credit cards and preferential financing
Enjoy a full suite of credit cards and personal financing solutions at preferential terms, designed to meet your specific needs.
Exclusive globally recognised credit card
Your internationally mobile lifestyle, be it work, business or leisure, means that you can be in Shanghai one day, Mumbai the next and Singapore a day later.
As a Priority Banking client, you can take advantage of the top of the line complimentary Priority Banking Credit Card3, which complements your global lifestyle and recognises your success.
Your Priority Banking Credit Card comes with exclusive travel insurance, lifestyle benefits, and the convenience of Visa payWave.
As a special privilege for Principal Cardholder of Priority Banking Credit Card, you can get a Priority PassTM membership, giving you complimentary access4 to over 1,000 Priority Pass airport lounges all over the world within your first “Card Membership Year” (which is the full year from credit card issuance) with Priority Pass Card. To enjoy the offer in the subsequent Card Membership Year, Principal Cardholder is required to meet specific requirement. For details, please visit sc.com/hk/pbvi. Call our Customer Service Hotline 2209 5888 to get your Priority Pass Card.
- Complimentary Travel Accident Insurance5 worth up to USD1,000,000
For Important Notes for Travel Accident Insurance, please refer to Appendix 5.
- Simply use your Standard Chartered Priority Banking Credit Card to pay for the fares and tickets of Public Transport6 or a minimum of 50% of the packaged tour costs, and you will be automatically enrolled into “Sign and Fly” programme to enjoy our complimentary Travel Accident Insurance (the “Plan”) with a coverage of personal accident on public transport up to USD1,000,0007. Coverage also includes travel delay, emergency purchase related to loss or delay of check-in baggages and more
- If you are unfortunately injured or become ill, our authorised service provider will arrange to send you back to Hong Kong via air ambulance or arrange medical treatment at other locations8 if medically necessary
- Your spouse and dependent children under the age of 23 will also enjoy the same comprehensive coverage9
- Aggregate limit of Indemnity is up to USD10,000,00010
- Free beverage upgrade at Starbucks
Spend with your Priority Banking Credit Card at Starbucks to enjoy:
- Complimentary upgrade with purchase of any Tall or abovesized handcrafted beverage, from Tall size to Grande size or from Grande size to Venti size for all hot or cold beverages (except bottled beverages, canned beverages, Starbucks Reserve™ Coffee and Pour Over Coffee)
- Visa concierge at your service
- Whether you’re at home or abroad, you can contact the Visa Infinite Customer Centre for any assistance, such as: the latest travel information; entertainment and global restaurant recommendations and reservations; air tickets and hotel reservations; gift suggestions and delivery arrangements; business related services; shopping information; and emergency assistance.
Terms and conditions apply to the above offer.
For details on the above offers and more privileges:
Visa Infinite Customer Service Hotline: 800 901 869 (English)
Visa Infinite Website: www.visa.com.hk/en_HK/infinite
Terms and conditions apply. For details, please refer to Visa Infinite website www.visa.com.hk/en_HK/infinite.
Preferential everyday financing
As a Priority Banking client, you’ll enjoy preferential terms and lower fees whether you need access to finance immediately or for a long-term goal.
With a range of personal financing solutions, including personal instalment loans and revolving loans, for your child’s education, purchasing a car or even to meet unexpected cash needs at privileged rates and low fees, you can rely on us to find you the relevant solutions to your specific needs.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- Services or benefits may not be available in all countries and are subject to local regulations. All fee waivers/rebates, charges, exchange rates and services are on promotional basis and subject to change at our discretion and may be adjusted from time to time. Please contact your branch or your Relationship Manager for more details.
- Not applicable to credit card cash advance.
- Cardholder of Priority Banking Credit Card will be entitled to annual fee waiver for Priority Banking Credit Card as long as he/ she is maintaining Priority Banking with the Bank. Otherwise, the Bank will charge an annual fee of HKD2,400 on annual basis.
- The Annualised Percentage Rates (“APR”) for Priority Banking Credit Card are 31.73% (0.082% per day) for retail purchases and 34.67% (0.082% per day) for cash advance when credit card account is opened and it will be reviewed from time to time. An APR is a reference rate which includes the basic interest rate and other fees and charges of a product expressed as an annualised rate
- APR is calculated based on the guidelines as set out in the Code of Banking Practice and is for reference only, inclusive of Cash Advance Fee (if applicable). For details of credit card services fees and charges, they are available on our website at sc.com/hk
- Lounge visits for Principal Cardholder who cannot meet specific requirements, or for Supplementary Cardholders and accompanying Guests will be subject to a charge of HKD210 plus VAT (if applicable) per person per visit. For details, please refer to www.prioritypass.com. Offers are subject to the relevant conditions of use. Please visit our website sc.com/hk/pp for details.
- The Plan is underwritten by MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited (“MSIG”). The above information is intended to be a general summary and should only be used for reference purposes. All terms, conditions and exclusions of the Plan are subject to MSIG’s policy wording. You may refer to Standard Chartered Priority Banking Credit Card’s webpage for policy wordings. For details of the coverage including the claims procedures, excess, conditions and exclusions, please contact MSIG Customer Service Hotline (852) 3122 6722 (Service hour: Monday-Friday 9am to 5:30pm, except Saturday, Sunday & public holidays).
- Public Transport means a licensed and scheduled land, water or air transport service which any member of the public can join at a recognised stop and pay a fare.
- Maximum coverage for the Plan per cardholder is USD1,000,000.
- All decisions as to the means of transportation and the destination will be made by MSIG or its authorised service provider and will be based solely upon medical necessity.
- The maximum limit of the Plan for dependent children of the cardholder under 23 years of age is USD125,000.
- The maximum Aggregate Limit of Indemnity under the Plan shall not exceed USD10,000,000 combined for all Insured Persons sustaining Bodily Injury whilst travelling in the same conveyance of Public Transport any one occurrence and any one Period of Insurance.
Protecting you and your family against the unexpectedYou never know what’s around the corner. But unexpected events can have major financial implications. You and your family deserve the best protection possible, with solutions tailored to protect for all potential risks.
A wide range of life insurance solutions
Our solutions help to ensure you and your family’s future is well looked after, even in unforeseen circumstances. We have partnered leading insurers to bring you a comprehensive range of solutions, including whole life and term life.
Simple, comprehensive personal insurance solutions
Working with our insurance partners across our footprint, we bring you a wide range of options for your personal insurance needs.
- Protection against the rising cost of health care and critical illness
- Protecting your precious home and its contents
- Having peace of mind as you travel around the world
Legacy and retirement planning solutions
Retiring from work shouldn’t mean retiring from life. With our professional advice, your retirement reality can match the dreams you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
We will work out the right annuity solutions to help you plan for a comfortable retirement. And with our legacy planning solutions, you can have full control of your assets, ensuring your hard-earned wealth is transferred smoothly to the next generation.
Insurance specialists to help you
Our team of insurance specialists will partner with your relationship manager to select and tailor the right protection for you and your family.
For Important Notes on Life Insurance, please refer to Appendix 6.
Important Note: Investment Fund is an investment product and some Investment Funds would involve derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in that investment product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives. Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited provides execution-only trading service over Online Unit Trusts and shall not advise you on the merits of a transaction, nor ensure the transaction is suitable for you.
Grow your wealth and finance your propertyWith so many choices out there, identifying the right investment for you isn’t easy. This is where Priority Banking comes in. Your dedicated relationship manager will provide you with personalised wealth solutions that are in line with your financial goals and risk profile.
A comprehensive suite of wealth solutions
Take advantage of our experienced team of wealth and insurance specialists to get wealth management solutions that work for you, along with actionable insights to help you make informed decisions.
- A broad range of products including investment funds, structured products, foreign exchange, bonds, securities and insurance solutions
- Timely global market views and in-depth market analysis provided by a global team of professionals working in our footprint. Our weekly and monthly reports are just a click away on your mobile phone, tablet or laptop
- Invest online in mutual funds or shares listed on Hong Kong and Shanghai* stock exchanges with our online trading platform
- Easy wealth lending solutions, with your assets with us, our WealthPro unlocks the liquidity in multi-currencies you need easily. You can obtain loans using your deposits as collateral for additional financial flexibility
- A dedicated relationship manager, supported by a team of experienced Investment Advisor, helps you identify your investment needs and provides you with solutions across the full range of wealth management products
- Our in-house Funds Select team analyses hundreds of funds from top local and global providers and identify quality funds under different asset classes for you. So you can select funds that match your goals and risk profile
* Applicable to the Eligible Shanghai Stock Exchange stocks under the Northbound Trading of Shanghai – Hong Kong Stock Connect.
Risk Disclosure Statement:
Investment involves risks. The prices of investment products may move up or down and the worst case will result in loss of your entire nvestment. Investors should consider their own investment objective, investment experience, financial situation and risk tolerance level; and also read the terms and conditions of the relevant investment services/offering documents including the risk disclosures, and are advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision.
For detailed Risk Disclosure Statement, please refer to Appendix 3.
This webpage does not constitute any invitation or recommendation to any person to enter into any transaction of financial products. Investors should not make investment decisions based on this webpage alone. This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong. For the Risk Disclosure Statement of other investment products, please refer to the relevant Terms and Conditions.
Quarterly Asset Overview
As a Priority Banking client, you deserve a comprehensive range of wealth management services, which will enable you to take advantage of the best investment opportunities. We therefore present the quarterly “Asset Overview”*, offering you a graphic analysis of the aggregate balance** of your deposits, investment and life insurance plan(s).
For details, please refer to Appendix 7 or contact your Relationship Manager.
* All Priority Banking clients who have registered for Consolidated Statement with the average daily Relationship Balance in the past 3 months meeting the relevant Minimum Relationship Balance Requirement as mentioned below will receive the “Asset Overview”.
** Balance under joint name account where you are a secondary account holder will not be included in “Asset Overview”
Our unparalleled Priority Banking service is available to you free of charge as long as your combined daily Relationship Balance+ for the past 3 months exceeds the minimum requirement. Otherwise, a quarterly maintenance fee of HKD900 will apply.
|Normal Clients||Clients with Mortgage account
(Mortgage drawdown amount of HKD4,000,000 or above)
Balance Requirement (HKD)
If clients cancel their Mortgage account with the Bank and if the average daily Relationship Balance of the Client within the quarter falls below HKD1,000,000, a maintenance fee of HKD900 will be charged for the quarter. For details, please refer to the Services Charges booklet and Banking Terms & Conditions which can be obtained at any of our branches or at our website sc.com/hk.
+ Extract from the Bank’s Service Charges: “Relationship Balance” includes the aggregate balance of deposits, investments, accumulated premiums of selected Life Assurance Plans, utilised amounts of secured/unsecured overdraft facilities, outstanding balances on Standard Chartered credit cards^ and outstanding balances of Standard Chartered Personal Loans you maintain with the Bank under personal accounts.
^ Standard Chartered credit cards refer to Standard Chartered Credit Card, Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card and Standard Chartered co-branded credit card (including supplementary cards and corporate cards) issued by the Bank. Outstanding balances on supplementary cards will contribute to the Relationship Balance of the principal cardholder only.
Investment involves risks. Investors should consider their own investment objectives and risk tolerance level, and also read the terms and conditions of the relevant investment products before making any investment decision. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
Full suite of property solutions
A great property isn’t just a home – it’s an investment that can grow in value. But buying or refurbishing property can be a painstaking process, whether you’re a seasoned investor or a first time buyer. We can help to make it easier.
- A wide range of property loans with preferential interest rates and simple documentation
- Mortgage $aver consolidates your mortgage loan account and current account, enabling you to reduce mortgage loan outstanding principal with interests earned from deposit in Mortgage $aver Current Account, while enjoying flexible cash withdrawal anytime
- Term loans and equity loans
- Commercial and industrial property loans for worry-free long-term investments, with competitive and transparent rates
- Home contents insurance to protect the contents of your home against unforeseen incidents such as fire and theft
- Invitations to property related events, including exclusive members only launches and seminars
- Our loan specialists work with you to help you navigate the complexities of mortgages and loans so that you can make more informed decisions
Making global banking simpleYour horizons are expanding. You’re travelling, investing overseas markets or maybe sending your kids to school in another country. It’s the way we live today, but living life in multiple countries can make managing your financial priorities more complicated. With our deep roots in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we can help you make the most of your global opportunities
International banking solutions and services
• We can help you set-up multi-country accounts across over 30 markets in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe, easily and quickly
- With Global Link, you can seamlessly link and view multiple accounts in different countries in a single view
- An international relationship team to help you manage relationships that transcend borders
- Emergency cash services1 if you lose your card or wallet overseas
- Cross Border Witnessing Service for Account Opening2
- As our Priority Banking Client, you deserve seamless account opening services, both onshore and offshore. With our Cross Border Witnessing Service, you can enjoy the convenience of completing the account opening forms of our designated offshore bank3 without the hassle of travelling
- Free Same-day Outward Remittance Service in Greater China
- You can transfer funds in different currencies conveniently between your Standard Chartered accounts in Hong Kong, mainland China and Taiwan
- Details of Emergency Cash Services: • Limited to USD5,000 equivalent per emergency request per day. • Handling fees and other charges (if applicable) may apply.
Any exchange rate conversion will be effected at our prevailing rate of exchange for that currency. Fees imposed by other banks may apply. The Emergency Cash Services are provided to you subject to the Emergency Cash Services Terms and Conditions. For details, please refer to sc.com/hk.
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (“SCBHK”) is not an agent of the designated bank and shall only provide clients with witnessing service for account opening purposes. Acceptance of your account opening application is subject to the sole and final discretion of the designated bank.
- Please contact SCBHK’s staff for the details of designated bank.
This webpage has been prepared by Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (“SCBHK”) and its contents are intended solely for the readers’ reference.
This webpage should not be distributed, directly or indirectly, in any jurisdiction in which the distribution of these materials would be prohibited. This webpage and its content are not intended and shall not in any way be construed as (a) an offer or the solicitation to the public in Hong Kong for the purchase or sale of any securities, regulated investment agreement or collective investment scheme; or (b) it is intended to constitute a representation as to future movements in rates or prices or that any such future movements will not exceed those shown in any illustration. Any prediction, projection or forecast contained herein as to likely future movements in rates or prices or likely future events or occurrences constitutes an opinion only and is not necessarily indicative of actual future movements in rates or prices or actual future events or occurrences (as the case may be). Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance; the value, price or income from investment may fall as well as rise.
This webpage has not and will not be registered as a prospectus in Hong Kong or authorised by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission under the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Ordinance.
This webpage is distributed on the express understanding that, whilst the information in it is believed to be reliable, it has not been independently verified by us. Further, this webpage is a general evaluation only and has not been prepared to be suitable for any particular person or class of persons. We make no recommendations to any particular person or class of persons, and we make no representation or warranty (express or implied) of any nature, nor do we accept any responsibility or liability of any kind, with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the information in this webpage. Each recipient of this webpage should make his/her own independent evaluation of any transaction and of the relevance and adequacy of the information in this webpage and should make such other investigations as it deems necessary to determine whether to participate in any transaction. Each recipient should consult his/her own financial advisor. This shall not, however, restrict or exclude or limit any duty or liability to a person under any applicable laws or regulations of any jurisdiction which may not lawfully be disclaimed.
Unless otherwise specifically stated, all statements in this webpage (including any views, opinions or forecasts) are solely those of SCBHK as at the date of this webpage and are subject to change without notice.
SCBHK and its parent companies, affiliates, connected companies, employees or clients may have an interest in the wealth management products (or related financial instruments or their related derivatives) (the “WM Products”) mentioned in this webpage. This may involve activities such as dealing in, holding, acting as market-makers, or performing financial or advisory services, in relation to any of the WM Products referred to in this webpage. SCBHK and its parent companies, affiliates or connected companies may also have acted as a manager or co-manager of a public offering of such WM Products, and may also have an investment banking relationship with any companies mentioned in this webpage. However, the issuer of the Products is not SCBHK or its parent companies, affiliates or connected companies, and the value of the Products depend on the ability of the issuer to perform its obligations under the Products.
Copyright in all materials, text, articles, logos, graphics, images and information contained herein is the property of, and may only be reproduced with permission of an authorised signatory of, SCBHK, Copyright in materials created by third parties and the rights under copyright of such parties are hereby acknowledged. Copyright in all other materials not belonging to third parties and copyright in these materials as a compilation vests and shall remain at all times copyright of SCBHK or save with the express prior written consent of an authorised signatory of SCBHK.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.