Risk Disclosure Statement for Investment Funds:
- Investment involves risks. The prices of units/shares of unit trusts or mutual funds fluctuate, sometimes dramatically and may become valueless. Investor(s) may not get back the amount they have invested. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling unit trusts or mutual funds. Past performance is no guide to its future performance.
- Investor(s) should read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant offering documents and in particular the investment policies and the risk factors and latest financial results information carefully and are advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision.
- Investor(s) should ensure they fully understand the risks associated with unit trusts or mutual funds and should also consider their own investment objective and risk tolerance level.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Securities:
- Investment involves risks. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically and may become valueless. Past performance of any securities is no guide to its future performance. Investors should consider their own investment objectives and risk tolerance level, and read the Terms and Conditions of relevant Securities Services before making any investment decision.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Debt Securities:
- The price of bonds/structured notes can and does fluctuate and the price of any individual bonds/structured notes may experience upward or downward movements and may even become valueless. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profits made as a result of trading bonds/structured notes. Independent assessment of the risk and appropriateness of the transaction in light of your own objectives and circumstances, including the possible risks and benefits of entering into such transaction, should be considered before entering into any transaction.
- This information is based on, or derived from, information obtained from sources believed to be reliable. Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”) gives no representation or warranty that this information is accurate or complete. It is prepared solely for your reference and no responsibility is accepted for use of or reliance on this information by the Bank. This information is neither a recommendation nor an offer or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any bonds/structured notes.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Equity Linked Investments :
- The price or value of the Equity Linked Investments (ELIs) fluctuates, sometimes dramatically. The price or value of the ELIs may move up or down, and may even become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of subscribing for, buying and selling the ELIs. Investors should therefore carefully consider whether such transactions are suitable in light of their financial position and investment objectives before entering into such transactions.
- Not principal protected: ELIs are not principal protected. You may suffer a loss if the prices of the underlying asset(s) of an ELI go against your view. In extreme cases, you could lose your entire investment.
- Limited potential gain: the potential return on your ELI may be capped at a predetermined level specified by the issuer.
- Credit risk of the issuer: when you purchase an ELI, you rely on the credit-worthiness of the issuer. In case of default or insolvency of the issuer, you will have to rely on your distributor to take action on your behalf to claim as an unsecured creditor of the issuer regardless of the performance of the reference asset(s).
- No collateral: ELIs are not secured on any assets or collateral.
- Limited market making: issuers may provide limited market making arrangement for their ELIs. However, if you try to terminate an ELI before maturity under the market making arrangement provided by the issuer, you may receive an amount which is substantially less than your original investment amount.
- Investing in an ELI is not the same as investing in the reference asset(s): during the investment period, you have no rights in the reference asset(s). Changes in the market price of such reference asset(s) may not lead to a corresponding change in the market value and/or potential payout of the ELI.
- Conflicts of interest: issuer of an ELI may also play different roles, such as the arranger, the market agent and the calculation agent of the ELI. Conflicts of interest may arise from the different roles played by the issuer, its subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with the ELI.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Premium Deposit:
- Investment involves risks. The worst case will result in loss of your entire investment.
- Principal Loss Risk/Currency Risk – This product is not principal-protected and the return of which will be dependent on movements in some specified currency exchange rates which are affected by a wide range of factors and may rise or fall rapidly.
- Liquidity Risk/Early Withdrawal Risk/Cancellation Risk – Any cancellation or withdrawal prior to maturity is subject to the consent of the Bank. With these risks, investors may incur significant costs or losses.
- Risks relating to Renminbi – You should note that the value of Renminbi against other foreign currencies fluctuates and will be affected by, amongst other things, the PRC government’s control (for example, the PRC government regulates conversion between Renminbi and foreign currencies), which may adversely affect your return under this product when you convert Renminbi into your home currency. Renminbi is not a freely convertible currency. Any conversion of Renminbi through banks in Hong Kong may be subject to certain restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.
Not Protected under Deposit Protection Scheme:
- Premium Deposit is NOT an alternative to ordinary savings or time deposit, and is NOT a protected deposit and NOT being protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Structured Investment Series:
- Structured Investment Series carries risks not normally associated with ordinary bank deposits and are generally not the same as and not a suitable substitute for ordinary savings or time deposits. Investor should not invest in Structured Investment Series unless he/she has sufficient funds or liquidity so as to enable him/her to keep the investment until the maturity date. The principal amount of the investment under Structured Investment Series is protected only if held to the agreed maturity date without being cancelled or withdrawn by the investor. Any such cancellation or withdrawal prior to the maturity date is subject to the consent of the Bank, and may incur costs or losses to the investor which may even result in a negative rate of return. Where investor holds the investment until the maturity date, the interest or yield on the investment may also be affected by movements in the relevant reference value of the underlying asset. The total return on the investment may be zero or significantly less than the return which might be obtained on a normal time deposit in the event of an adverse movement in the relevant reference value of the underlying asset. This product is NOT equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit, and is NOT being protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Foreign Exchange:
- Foreign exchange involves risks. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of a foreign currency may result in gains or significant losses in the event that the client converts deposit from the foreign currency to another currency (including Hong Kong Dollar).
Risk Disclosure Statement for Renminbi:
- Renminbi (“RMB”) exchange rate, like any other currency, is affected by a wide range of factors and is subject to fluctuations. Such fluctuations may result in gains and losses in the event that the client subsequently converts RMB to another currency (including Hong Kong dollars); and
- RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB through banks in Hong Kong is subject to restrictions specified by the Bank and regulatory requirements applicable from time to time. The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.
- This webpage does not constitute any offer, invitation or recommendation to any person to enter into any transaction described therein or any similar transaction, nor does it constitute any prediction of likely future price movements.
- Investor(s) should not make investment decisions based on this webpage.
- This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.