Please note that Premium Deposit and Equity Linked Investments are structured products involving derivatives and some Investment Funds would involve derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in that investment product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
Result Announcement of Wealth Management Lucky Draw for Selected Clients
Thank you for participating in the Wealth Management Lucky Draw for Selected Clients. The following winners will receive a notification letter with redemption details of an electronic product gift card (worth HK$5,000) by post on the following date.
|Lucky draw month||Winners
(Full name and the alphabet and first 4 digits of HKID or Passport No.)
|Lucky draw winners’
|October 2015||SO Cxx Hxxx (A8776)
CHOW Fxxx Cxx (G1407)
LEE Cxx Kxxx (Z7936)
WOO Sxx Cxx (K1958)
WU Lxxxx (M3155)
IKOMA Nxxxxxxx (R5199)
IP Yxx Mxx (E5377)
TSOI Mx Hxx (G8131)
CHEUNG Txxx Yxxxx Axxxxxx (D2782)
YIP Cxxx Hxxx (C6019)
NG Yxxx Kxxxx Gxxxxx (B5512)
RAYMOND Sxxxx (XG4524)
WONG Sxx Kxxx (D5110)
HUNG Nxx Yxxx (K2911)
CHAN Cxx Sxx (Z9284)
HUEN Sxx Wxx (C5352)
HE Jxxxx (R8337)
ANJANI Lxxxx (P8911)
LAM Yxx Pxxx (Y2183)
CHEN Zxxxxxx (C1477)
|On or before 2 November 2015|
|November 2015||LI Pxx Wxx (A9568)
TEO Yx-Dxx (E3251)
CHOW Yxx Fx (C6003)
HO Sxx Wxx Cxxxx (K3538)
WONG Lxx Dxx (A3604)
NG Mxx Cxx (D2855)
LUI Hxxx Kxxxx Lxxxx (G7038)
KUNG Px Hxxx (G1717)
SONG Yx (R5929)
ZHU Zxxxxx (W3853)
WONG Mxx Lxx Cxxxx (G5194)
CHAN Bxx Kx Pxxxx (D8157)
WU Fxx Yx (A9977)
XIA Yx Qxx (P3061)
CHIU Sxxx Cxxxx Exxxxx (D4449)
YANG Hxx Cxxx (A0563)
CHAU Lxx Cxxx (C4592)
TAM Sxx Sxx (D2239)
CHAN Kxxx Wxxx (B4821)
LIU Jxx (C1844)
|On or before 2 December 2015|
|December 2015||ZHENG Jxx (R4034)
JUNG Ix Yxxx (R4908)
WONG Wxx Mxxx (G0488)
CHEUNG Sxx Yxx (Z2548)
LIN Jxxx Sxxxx (A8385)
MAN Mxx Yxx Axxxx (P3993)
LO Sxx Txxx (V0811)
MAK Px Kxxx (Z7947)
NAMAD Jxxxxxx (Z8042)
CHOW Hxx Yxxxx (G4035)
TONG Kx Wxx (E5010)
TEH Cxxx Yxxx (A1984)
NG Kx Yx (Z9789)
LAM Wxx Cxxxx (K6702)
FUNG Yxx Mxx (E3323)
NG Hxx Fxx (P9861)
CHAN Yxx Hxxx Dxxxx (K0534)
LAM Yxxx (Z8891)
WONG Kxx Tx (D3786)
LAI Mxx Wxx (D2883)
|On or before 4 January 2016|
Lucky Draw Details
From 1 September to 30 November 2015, a selected client* making a transaction of any investment product or life insurance plan will gain 1 entry into our lucky draw to win an electronic product gift card (worth HK$5,000).
Investment products include Investment Funds, Securities, Premium Deposit, Foreign Exchange, Debt Securities and Equity Linked Investments. Life Insurance Products include any products underwritten by Prudential Hong Kong Limited (“Prudential”) and provided by Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”). Each client will be entitled to 1 entry for the same type of product during the Promotion Period. For example, if the client has successfully made 2 Securities Services transaction, 1 Foreign Exchange transaction and enrolled a Savings & Protection Plan, he/she will earn 3 entries into the lucky draw.
* The promotion is applicable to clients who do not have any balance or have not made any transaction on any investment product and/or life insurance product with the Bank in the past 12 months before the Promotion Period (“Eligible Client”).
Risk Disclosure Statement
Risk Disclosure Statement for Investment Fund Services
- Investment involves risks. The prices of units/shares of unit trust or mutual funds fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. Investors may not get back the amount they have invested. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling unit trusts or mutual funds. Past performance is no guide to its future performance.
- Investors should read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant offering documents and in particular the investment policies and the risk factors and latest financial results information carefully and are advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision. Investors should ensure they fully understand the risks associated with unit trusts or mutual funds and should also consider their own investment objective and risk tolerance level.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Premium Deposit
- Investment involves risks. The worst case will result in loss of your entire investment.
- Principal Loss Risk/Currency Risk - This product is not principal-protected and the return of which will be dependent on movements in some specified currency exchange rates which are affected by a wide range of factors and may rise or fall rapidly.
- Liquidity Risk/Early Withdrawal Risk/Cancellation Risk - Any cancellation or withdrawal prior to maturity is subject to the consent of the Bank. With these risks, investors may incur significant costs or losses.
NOT protected under Deposit Protection Scheme
- Premium Deposit is NOT an alternative to ordinary saving or time deposit, and is NOT a protected deposit and NOT being protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Foreign Exchange Trading Service
- Foreign exchange involves risks. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of a foreign currency may result in gains or significant losses in the event that the client converts deposit from the foreign currency to another currency (including Hong Kong Dollar).
Risk Disclosure Statement for Debt Securities Services
- The price of bonds can and does fluctuate and the price of any individual bonds may experience upward or downward movements and may even become valueless. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profits made as a result of trading bonds. Independent assessment of the risk and appropriateness of the transaction in light of your own objectives and circumstances, including the possible risks and benefits of entering into such transaction, should be considered before entering into any transaction.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Equity Linked Investment Services
- The price or value of the Equity Linked Investments (ELIs) fluctuates, sometimes dramatically. The price or value of the ELIs may move up or down, and may even become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of subscribing for, buying and selling the ELIs. Investors should therefore carefully consider whether such transactions are suitable in light of their financial position and investment objectives before entering into such transactions.
- Not principal protected: ELIs are not principal protected. You may suffer a loss if the prices of the underlying asset(s) of an ELI go against your view. In extreme cases, you could lose your entire investment.
- Limited potential gain: the potential return on your ELI may be capped at a predetermined level specified by the issuer.
- Credit risk of the issuer: when you purchase an ELI, you rely on the credit-worthiness of the issuer. In case of default or insolvency of the issuer, you will have to rely on your distributor to take action on your behalf to claim as an unsecured creditor of the issuer regardless of the performance of the reference asset(s).
- No collateral: ELIs are not secured on any assets or collateral.
- Limited market making: issuers may provide limited market making arrangement for their ELIs. However, if you try to terminate an ELI before maturity under the market making arrangement provided by the issuer, you may receive an amount which is substantially less than your original investment amount.
- Investing in an ELI is not the same as investing in the reference asset(s): during the investment period, you have no rights in the reference asset(s). Changes in the market price of such reference asset(s) may not lead to a corresponding change in the market value and/or potential payout of the ELI.
- Conflicts of interest: issuer of an ELI may also play different roles, such as the arranger, the market agent and the calculation agent of the ELI. Conflicts of interest may arise from the different roles played by the issuer, its subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with the ELI.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Securities Services
- Investment involves risks. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically and may become valueless. Past performance of any securities is no guide to its future performance. Investors should consider their own financial situation, investment experience, investment objectives and risk tolerance level, and read the terms and conditions of relevant Securities Services before making any investment decision.
The life assurance plans are life insurance products and are not bank deposit. They are underwritten by Prudential Hong Kong Limited (a member of Prudential plc group) (“Prudential”) and distributed by the Bank. Some of these plans may have a savings element and are not an alternative to ordinary savings or time deposits. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs.
If you are not happy with your policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling off period and obtain a refund of any premiums paid, less any withdrawals (if applicable), provided that no claim has been made under the policy. A written notice signed by you should be received directly by the Prudential’s Hong Kong Principal Office at 25th Floor, One Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong within the cooling off period (that is, within 21 days after the delivery of the policy or issue of a notice (informing you or your representative about the availability of the policy and expiry date of the cooling off period), whichever is the earlier). After the expiration of the cooling off period, if you cancel the policy before the end of the term, the projected total cash value (if applicable) may be less than the total premium you have paid. You should check with Prudential if you have any doubt regarding your cooling off right.
The Bank is an insurance agent of Prudential.
As the issuer of the life assurance plans, Prudential will be responsible for all protection and claims issues. Prudential is not an associate or subsidiary company of the Bank. This document is not a contract of insurance and is intended to be a general summary for reference purpose only. Please refer to the policy for full terms and conditions. The Bank does not accept any responsibilities regarding any statements provided by Prudential or any discrepancies or omissions in the contract of insurance nor shall the Bank be held liable in any manner whatsoever in relation to your contract of insurance.
This document is intended to be distributed in Hong Kong only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Hong Kong. Prudential and the Bank do not offer or sell any insurance product in any jurisdictions outside Hong Kong in which such offering or sale of the insurance product is illegal under the laws of such jurisdictions. This document does not constitute a contract of insurance or an offer, invitations or recommendation to any person to enter into any contract of insurance or any transaction described therein or any similar transaction.
Whether to apply for insurance coverage is your own individual decision. For Prudential’s life assurance plan policy provisions, details and risk disclosure, please refer to relevant plan’s product leaflet/offering document and specimen policy.
In respect of an eligible dispute arising between the Bank and the client out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the client; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between directly Prudential and the client.
- This webpage does not constitute any offer, invitation or recommendation to any person to enter into any transaction described therein or any similar transaction, nor does it constitute any prediction of likely future price movements. Investors should not make investment decisions based on this webpage alone.
- This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.