Market Intelligence and Insights
Risk Disclosure Statement for Investment Fund:
- Investment involves risk. The prices of units/shares of unit trust or mutual funds fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. Investor(s) may not get back the amount they have invested. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling unit trusts or mutual funds. Past performance is no guide to its future performance.
- Investor should read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant offering documents and in particular the investment policies and the risk factors and latest financial results information carefully and is advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision.
- Investor(s) should ensure they fully understand the risks associated with unit trusts or mutual funds and should also consider their own investment objective and risk tolerance level.
Risk Disclosure Statement for Foreign Exchange:
- Foreign exchange involves risks. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of a foreign currency may result in gains or significant losses in the event that the client converts deposit from the foreign currency to another currency (including Hong Kong Dollar).
Important Notes for Insurance:
- The life assurance plans are life insurance products and are not bank deposit. They are underwritten by Prudential Hong Kong Limited (a member of Prudential plc group) (“Prudential”). Some of these plans may have a savings element and are not an alternative to ordinary savings or time deposits. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs.
- If you are not happy with your policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling-off period and obtain a refund of any premiums paid, less any withdrawals (if applicable), provided that no claim has been made under the policy. A written notice signed by you should be received directly by Prudential at 8/F., Prudential Tower, The Gateway Harbour City, 21 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period (that is, within 21 days after the delivery of the policy or issue of a notice (informing you or your representative about the availability of the policy and expiry date of the cooling-off period), whichever is the earlier). After the expiration of the cooling-off period, if you cancel the policy before the end of the term, the projected total cash value (if applicable) may be less than the total premium you have paid. You should check with Prudential if you have any doubt regarding your cooling-off right.
- The Bank is an insurance agent of Prudential.
- As the issuer of the life assurance plans, Prudential will be responsible for all protection and claims issues. Prudential is not an associate or subsidiary company of the Bank. This leaflet is not a contract of insurance and is intended to be a general summary for reference purpose only. Please refer to the policy for full terms and conditions. The Bank does not accept any responsibilities regarding any statements provided by Prudential or any discrepancies or omissions in the contract of insurance nor shall the Bank be held liable in any manner whatsoever in relation to your contract of insurance.
- This leaflet is intended to be distributed in Hong Kong only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Hong Kong. Prudential and the Bank do not offer or sell any insurance product in any jurisdictions outside Hong Kong in which such offering or sale of the insurance product is illegal under the laws of such jurisdictions. This leaflet does not constitute a contract of insurance or an offer, invitations or recommendation to any person to enter into any contract of insurance or any transaction described therein or any similar transaction.
- Whether to apply for insurance coverage is your own individual decision. During the sales process, this document should be read in conjunction with the relevant product brochure. For full terms and conditions, and risk disclosures of the relevant insurance plan, please refer to the relevant product brochure and policy document and read carefully.
- In respect of an eligible dispute arising between the Bank and the client out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the client; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between directly Prudential and the client.
Market Commentaries and Investment Highlights:
- This content of Market Commentaries and Investment Highlights have been issued by Standard Chartered in the conduct of Hong Kong regulated business. For the materials and information which are not delivered by the representative of Standard Chartered or not delivered in the capacity as the representative of Standard Chartered, they do not represent Standard Chartered’s views and are not endorsed by Standard Chartered. Standard Chartered does not make any representation or warranty as to the correctness, completeness, accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any of the materials and information. The opinions are subject to change without notice and should not be construed as a recommendation of any individual holdings or market sectors.
- This webpage does not constitute any offer, invitation or recommendation to any person to enter into any transaction described therein or any similar transaction, nor does it constitute any prediction of likely future price movements.
- Investors should not make investment decision based on this webpage alone.
- This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.