Enjoy the convenience of buying foreign currencies via Online Banking now Click here
Step 1 - Login Online Banking and Open an Integrated Deposits Account
Step 2 - Buy foreign currency
The promotion period is from 12 August to 31 October 2013.
- The offer is subject to related Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions for the Offers
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") offers the "Renminbi Banking Privileges" in the terms and conditions set out below in section A to C and "Flying Everyday" Lucky Draw (the "Lucky Draw") in the terms and conditions set out below in section D. These promotional offers are valid from 12 August to 31 October 2013, both dates inclusive (the "Promotion Period").
- The Bank reserves the right to terminate any of the offer(s) and to vary or modify any of the terms and conditions from time to time. In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
- Each of the banking products or services set out in the terms and condition is subject to respective eligibility, application process and product terms and conditions. For further details, please refer to branch staff for assistance.
- Customers understand and accept that the Bank is not the supplier of the products/services offered in this promotion. The Bank shall have no liability relating to any aspect of the products/services including, without limitation, their quality and the supply. The use of the products/services is subject to the terms and conditions as stipulated by the supplier (if applicable).
- Unless otherwise stated, the promotion(s) cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
Terms and Conditions of Renminbi Banking Privileges
A. Terms and Conditions of "15% cash rebate for existing credit cardholders":
- The promotion period of "15% cash rebate for existing credit cardholders" (the "Promotion") is from 12 August to 31 October 2013(both dates inclusive) (the "Promotion Period").
- This Promotion is only applicable to existing principal cardholders of the following credit cards ("Cardholders") issued by Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") on or before 11 August 2013, including Standard Chartered Credit Card, Standard Chartered Co-branded Card, Standard Chartered American Express® Credit Card, Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card, MANHATTAN Credit Card and MANHATTAN Co-branded Card (not include Standard Chartered JOS Visa Platinum Card and Standard Chartered Corporate Card) (the "Eligible Card").
- Cardholders who fulfil all of the following requirements during Promotion Period, will be entitled to 15% cash rebate (the "Card Rebate") on Eligible Spending ( as defined in Clause 4) of their Eligible Cards:
- Do not hold RMB Current/Savings Account, Time Deposit Account and My Dream Account whether in sole name or jointly with others with the Bank, or has not had any RMB deposit in RMB Sub-Account under Integrated Deposits Accounts ("IDA") in the past 12 months ("New RMB Customer") and
- Cardholders without a single named IDA need to open a single named IDA and deposit RMB 50,000 or above ("Targeted RMB Balance") in the RMB Savings Account under IDA within 2 weeks from the IDA opening date and maintain Targeted RMB Balance for a continuous period of 3 calendar months. Cardholders with a single named IDA shall deposit Targeted RMB Balance within Promotion Period and maintain Targeted RMB Balance for a continuous period of 3 calendar months.
- Eligible spending are retail purchases (including both local and overseas transactions), online purchase (not applicable to Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card) or posted amount of instalment purchase (not applicable to Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card) but do not include without limitation cash advances, gambling tokens, insurance payment, Octopus Automatic Add Value Service, bill payment (including but without limitation tax and utilities payment) via Internet/ATMs/Phone Banking Services or other available means, unposted/cancelled/refunded/falsified/unauthorized transactions.
- For the spending amount of Standard Chartered Union Pay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card in CNY account, every RMB 1 spent will be calculated as HK$1 for the Eligible Spending in this Promotion and the Cash Rebate will be credited to the HKD account.
- Cash Rebate amount will be calculated by multiplying the Eligible Spending by 15% and rounded up to the nearest Hong Kong dollars (decimal places will not be included).
- The Eligible Spending accumulated and Cash Rebate entitled by the Cardholders' all Eligible Cards and their corresponding supplementary cards will be counted collectively. The maximum Cash Rebate amount that will be entitled by each Cardholder is HK$500 throughout the Promotion Period.
- All Eligible Spending must be posted within the Promotion Period based on the transaction date as shown on the credit card monthly statement.
- Cash Rebate will be credited to Cardholder's Eligible Card account by the end of February 2014 and shown on the credit card statement. If Cardholder has more than one Eligible Card(s), the Cash Rebate will be credited to the Eligible Card with the highest spending in 3 months prior to the Cash Rebate being credited. If Cardholders cancel any related Eligible Spending, the Bank has the right to debit the equivalent value of the Cash Rebate from the Eligible Card account without further notice. Cardholders shall notify the Bank if they do not receive the Cash Rebate within February 2014; otherwise, the Bank accepts no liability and will not be liable for any compensation.
- The Eligible Card account must be valid and in good financial standing at the time of the Cash Rebate is rewarded; otherwise the Bank has the right to forfeit to reward the Cash Rebate. The Cash Rebate cannot be drawn as cash advance, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and cannot offset credit card payment.
- Any cancelled/refunded/falsified/unposted transaction is/are also excluded from calculating the Cash Rebate. The Bank will verify the transaction record to confirm Cardholders' eligibility under the Promotion. In case of discrepancy between the Bank's computer record and details recorded on the credit card sales slips or proof of purchase, the Bank's computer record shall prevail.
- The Bank reserves the right to alter or terminate the Cash Rebate and amend the terms and conditions at any time. All matters or disputes in connection with the promotion/ offers set out in these terms and conditions will be subject to the final decision of the Bank.
B. Terms and Conditions of "Use Cost Rate to Buy Renmibi":
- Customer may enjoy RMB exchange at cost rate when converting HKD into RMB during the Promotion Period. Cost rate is only applicable to the Bank's offer rate (that is, customer's buy rate for RMB). It is the exchange rate after taking into account the market risk rate. The Bank's prevailing exchange rate shall apply for any conversion of RMB to HKD. RMB exchange service is subject to the exchange limits specified by the Bank and regulatory requirements applicable from time to time.
C. Terms and Conditions of "Up to 3% p.a. RMB Time Deposit Interest Rate":
- Renminbi ("RMB") Time Deposit Offer is only applicable to customers who successfully set up 6-month or 12-month RMB Time Deposit with Eligible Funds equivalent to HK$100,000 or above within the Promotion Period .
- Eligible Funds refer to New Funds or funds converted from HKD. New Funds refer to monies newly deposited into the Bank within 3 days before Time Deposit account opening date via cash, cheque, cashier's order, inward CHATs or Telegraphic Transfer from other banks. It excludes the renewal or rollover of existing time deposits, transfer of funds from any account within the Bank or any currency converted from Premium Deposits upon maturity. For funds converted from HKD, conversion must be performed through branches, or via online or phone banking (excluding Currency Switch) within 1 month before Time Deposit account opening date.
- Up to 3% p.a. RMB Time Deposit Interest Rate is only applicable to RMB Time Deposit set up with above requirement on 8 August 2013. The above preferential rates are for reference only and are not guaranteed. The Bank reserves the right to make any adjustment to the interest rates from time to time at its sole discretion.
- Up to 3% p.a. RMB Time Deposit Interest Rate is only applicable to Time Deposit set up through branches or phone banking.
D. Terms and Conditions of "Flying Everyday" Lucky Draw:
Eligibility to Lucky Draw
- All personal customers (Individual Account holders) of the Bank aged 18 or above who successfully apply and are granted at least one of the Designated Banking Products, and meet the corresponding Customer Eligibility Criteria as set out in the table below (the "Eligible Customer") during the Promotion Period may enter the Lucky Draw.
- Each Eligible Customer may only earn ONE lucky draw entry irrespective of the number of Designated Banking Products applied for successfully.
- Each Eligible Customer who is also a New-to-bank customer who successfully signs up for Priority Banking during promotion period may earn TWO lucky draw entries irrespective of the number of Designated Banking Products applied for successfully. New-to-bank customers refer to customers who did NOT hold any banking products or services with the Bank in the 12 months preceding the date of Priority Banking sign-up.
Designated Banking Products Customer Eligibility Criteria
- Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card
- Any card type of following Standard Chartered and/or MANHATTAN Credit Card:
– Platinum MasterCard
– Visa Platinum Card
– Titanium MasterCard
– Visa Gold Card
- Applicant must successfully apply for a Principal Card of the category of credit card mentioned; and
- Applicant must not hold and in the past 6 months have not held or cancelled any Principal Card of Standard Chartered Credit Card or MANHATTAN Credit Card from the time of credit card approval
RMB Savings Deposits
- Applicant must deposit RMB 50,000 or above ("Targeted RMB Balance") in the RMB Savings Account under Integrated Deposits Account ("IDA") and maintains Targeted RMB Balance for a continuous period of 3 calendar months; and
- Applicant must not hold any RMB Current/Savings Account, Time Deposit Account, and/or My Dream Account whether in sole name or jointly with others in the Bank, or has not had any RMB deposit in RMB Sub-Account under IDA in the past 12 months
RMB Time Deposit
- Applicant must successfully open a 6-month/12-month RMB Time Deposit with a minimum of HK$100,000 equivalent of New Funds
- New Funds refer to monies newly deposited into the Bank within 3 days before Time Deposit account opening date via cash, cheque, cashier's order, inward CHATs or Telegraphic Transfer from other banks. It excludes the renewal or rollover of existing time deposits, transfer of funds from any account within the Bank or any currency converted from Premium Deposits upon maturity. For funds converted from HKD, conversion must be performed through branches, or via online or phone banking (excluding Currency Switch) within 1 month before Time Deposit account opening date).
- Lucky Draw prize of 80,000 Asia Miles™ (the "Prize") will be rewarded to each of the lucky draw winners. If winners do not have a valid Asia Miles Membership Account at the time of reward, the Prize will be forfeited and will not be given in any other form.
- Two round-trip Business Class award tickets between Hong Kong and Shanghai can be redeemed with 80,000 Asia Miles. The required number of Asia Miles is quoted for reference only. The redemption of award ticket should refer to the latest announcement of Asia Miles and the Bank is not obliged to notify you in that event. Asia Miles Terms and Conditions apply, for further details please visit www.asiamiles.com.
- During the Promotion Period, a total of 100 sets of Prize will be given out for Lucky Draw.
- Lucky Draw will be conducted after the Promotion Period.
- Winners will be notified individually by post about redemption details and are required to provide the Bank with valid Asia Miles Membership Account for reward on or before 13 December 2013. If the Bank does not receive response from the winner on or before 13 December 2013, the Prize will be forfeited and will not be given in any other form.
- To be eligible for the Prize, the winner must be a valid customer of the Bank and all relevant credit card and loan accounts must be non-delinquent and in good financial standing upon Prize redemption; otherwise the Bank has the right to forfeit to reward the Prize.
- The Prize cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash.
Lucky Draw Prizes