Credit Cards FAQs
- How long does it take to apply for a credit card?
Provided you submit all the document(s) required, it should take approximately 7-14 business days to approve your credit card.
- What are my obligations to hold a credit card?
To make at least the minimum monthly repayment of 10% of the total outstanding balance or IDR 50,000, whichever is higher on the due date.
As Principal Cardholder, you are also liable to pay for transactions made by your Supplementary Cardholders (if any).
- Will I be charged anything extra if I use my card overseas?
Any billing received from overseas (including online transaction) will be converted into rupiah currency in accordance with the exchange rate set by Visa International or MasterCard International and the Bank on the date of billing receipt from overseas plus administrative fee set by the Bank for each transaction (i) 3% for all credit card with MasterCard logo (in exception of Platinum Card) or 0% for Premium Card (ii) 3% for all credit card with Visa logo (in exception of Visa Infinite) or 1.5% for Visa Infinite credit card.
- How much is the interest charges?
26.95% per year or 2.246% per month
- How much is the late payment fees?
Gold Titanium Business Card MasterCard Platinum 3% from total outstanding or Rp150.000 whichever is lower 3% from total outstanding or Rp150.000 whichever is lower 3% from total outstanding or Rp150.000 whichever is lower 3% from total outstanding or Rp150.000 whichever is lower
- How do I report that my card has been lost or stolen?
You must notify us immediately if you become aware that your Card has been lost, stolen or misused. Please call +62 21 57 9999 88 or 68000 from mobile to notify us of the stolen card.
- How can I make payments on my credit card account?
You can make payment through the following payment points:
- Online Banking
- Other Payment Channel
- If I suspect someone has stolen my password or used it to make a fraudulent purchase, what should I do?
You must notify us immediately if you become aware that your Card has been lost, stolen or misused. Please call +62 21 57 9999 88 or 68000 from mobile number to notify us of the fraudulent purchase.
- How do cash advances from a credit card work?
Cash Advance fee per transaction is :
Gold/Titanium Busisness Card Regular All Platinum WorldMiles Infinite 6% or Rp.100.000
(whichever is higher)
6% or Rp.100.000
(whichever is higher)
- What should I do if someone made transactions using my credit card?
You must notify us immediately if you become aware of such incident. Please call +62 21 57 9999 88 or 68000 from mobile number to notify us of the the incident and we will block your card pending further investigation.
- How to apply for a credit card and what are the requirements?
General requirements needed are as follow:
1. KTP (Citizenship Identity Card, for Indonesian)/ KITAS (Temporary Living Address Proof) & Passport (for foreigners)
2. NPWP (Personal Tax Number, for credit limit up to > IDR50mio)
3. Other bank credit card that already issued more than 1 year ago
Download general terms & conditions of credit card at here
To choose the card type and register online, please click here
- What are the card promotional offers this month?
This month promotion can be seen at here
- Is there any additional fee if I use the credit card exceeding the given limit?
Overlimit fee is applied when the use of credit card exceeds the card limit as stated in the billing statement. Overlimit fee is Rp250.000 for all type of Credit Cards.
- How can I apply for credit card and what are the requirements and documents that I need to complete?
You can apply for credit card through our website at www.sc.com/id. For further information regarding the requirements and documents that you need to complete, please click here
- If currently I have one of the credit card issued by Standard Chartered Bank Indonesia, how should I apply for other credit card type?
Standard Chartered Bank Indonesia currently has some types of credit card. ( please click here to see the card type available ). If you want to apply for different card type, you can call our Customer Contact Centre at 021 57999988 or 68000 from your Mobile
- If I wish to convert my credit card transaction to installment, how to propose the conversion?
Credit card transactions can be converted into installment with various rate and payment period options. You can call our Customer Contact Centre at 021 57999988 or 68000 from your Mobile. Regarding Installment for transaction in some merchants, please click here
- How can I access the information regarding each of Standard Chartered Bank Indonesia Credit Card features?
To see the features of each Standard Chartered Bank Indonesia Credit Card that match your needs, please click here
- How to pay for Standard Chartered credit card bill?
Payment for credit card bill can be done through our branches or other partnering bank’s ATM.
- How much is the required repayment for credit card?
All Standard Chartered credit card type must pay 10% of total outstanding balance or minimum Rp50.000 (which one is higher)
- If I have more than one credit card from Standard Chartered Bank Indonesia, can the payment for all credit cards be made in one of the credit cards?
To avoid the deactivation of one of your credit card, if you have more than one credit card type, we suggest you make the payment to each of the cards.
- If I have excess payment in one of my credit card, can it directly reduce the other credit card outstanding balance?
We suggest you to call our Customer Contact Centre at 021 57999988 or 68000.
- If I register to pay my credit card bill automatically by doing direct debiting from my Standard Chartered Bank Indonesia account, when should I allocate the fund to my account?
Client has to allocate sufficient fund in his/her account at least 3 (three) working days before due date. Direct Debit from your Standard Chartered saving account will be automatically done in three working days before the due date. This payment will be effective in your credit card on your due date.
- How do I ask for credit card limit increase?
You can request for a temporary credit card limit increase after 6 (six) months of credit card open date and minimum of 6 (six) months after the latest temporary limit increase (if any). Meanwhile, the permanent credit card limit increase can be requested after 9 (nine) months of credit card open date and minimum 9 (nine) months after the latest permanent limit increase (if any). Regarding the requirements and documents needed, you can call our Customer Contact Centre at 021 57999988 or 68000 from Mobile.
- What are the fees and charges applied to credit card?
For fees and charges applied, please click here