- What is the Standard Chartered Bank Contactless Multi-Currency Forex Card?
Standard Chartered Bank Contactless Multi-Currency Forex Card is an embedded chip based prepaid forex card introduced in partnership with VISA. This card gives you the freedom to shop anywhere in the world and provides access to the currency of your destination at competitive market rates. It can be used at all VISA affiliated ATMs and merchant establishments worldwide. This card cannot be used for payments in India, Nepal or Bhutan.
- Which are the currencies that can be loaded on the card?
There are 20 currencies offered which can be loaded on the card,
USD (U.S. Dollar), EUR (Euro), GBP (British Pound), AED (UAE Dirhams), AUD (Australian Dollar), BHD (Bahraini Dinar), CAD (Canadian Dollar), CHF (Swiss Franc), DKK (Danish Krone), HKD (Hong Kong Dollar), JPY (Japanese Yen), KWD (Kuwaiti Dinar), NOK (Norwegian Krone), NZD (New Zealand Dollar), OMR (Omani Rial), QAR (Qatari Rial), SEK (Swedish Krone), SGD (Singapore Dollar), THB (Thai Baht), ZAR (South African Rand).
- How does Contactless Multi-Currency Forex card work?
Your Standard Chartered Bank Contactless Multi-Currency Forex card will be activated with the required currencies instantly over the counter at the branch. Once active, the card can be used at any international location for making payments at POS terminals or to withdraw cash at ATMs. Usage of the card is not allowed in India, Nepal and Bhutan.
Standard Chartered Bank Contactless Multi-Currency Forex Card has a chip & a radio frequency antenna embedded. When the Contactless Card is tapped/ waved against the terminal enabled for contactless payments the card transmits payment details wirelessly, eliminating the need to insert it. Account details are communicated to the reader and then processed through the secure Visa acceptance network in the usual way.
Standard Chartered Bank Contactless Multi-Currency Forex card works just like any Debit / Credit Card for making payments at Merchant Establishments that have an electronic terminal. The transaction amount is deducted from available balance on the Multi-Currency card. Standard Chartered Bank Contactless Multi-Currency Forex card is accepted at all Merchant Establishments displaying the VISA symbol.
The card can be used to withdraw cash at all VISA ATMs worldwide. Irrespective of the currency loaded on the card, the cash will be dispensed based on the currencies supported at the ATMs.
- Where can I buy the Forex card from?
Forex Cards can be purchased from any of the 100 Standard Chartered branches across India. Alternatively, you can also reach out to your Relationship Manager for purchasing a Forex Card.
- What documents should I submit when I purchase the Standard Chartered Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card?
- Completed application form
- Copy of valid Passport
- Any 1 travel proof
- Flight tickets
- Any other relevant travel proof
- LRS declaration
- Any other document mandated under prevalent LRS guidelines
- Why have I received two cards in the welcome Kit?
Forex card kit comes with two cards (Primary and Backup card). In case Primary card is lost/damaged/stolen, customer can hotlist the primary card, get the backup card activated & entire balance will get transferred automatically.
- Can I issue cheques to load the Multi-Currency Forex Card?
No. Card can be loaded only by a debiting your Standard Chartered savings account.
- I do not have a Savings bank account with Standard Chartered Bank. Can I purchase a Forex Card?
You can apply for a savings account by choosing any variant from our bouquet of offerings & once the account is activated, you can apply for a Forex Card.
- What are the charges attached to the Forex Card?
Refer the Schedule of Service Charges (SOSC) on our website.
- Does the Forex Card provide me travel Insurance?
Yes. Enjoy a travel experience free of financial worries with card insurance covers such as
- Protection up to Rs. 5,00,000 against misuse of lost /stolen card or due to counterfeiting / skimming
- Personal Air Accidental Death Insurance of Rs. 50,00,000
- Loss of baggage & personal documents cover up to Rs. 1,00,000