Standard Chartered Bank UPI Application
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a payment system that allows you to send and receive money from mobile phone using a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) without entering additional bank details.
Standard Chartered Bank is introducing “SCUPI App”, an innovative mobile application to redefine the way fund transfers are done and to move towards the era of a “less-cash” economy.
Advantages of SCUPI App:
- Single mobile application to access your multiple bank accounts
- Send and Collect money anytime and anywhere
- Various payment options (VPA, Account Number, Mobile Number and QR code)
- Real time settlement of funds
- Instant notifications and SMS alerts
How to get started
Download SCUPI App on your smart phone from Google Play Store, search "SCUPI".
(*Currently available for android devices only)
Step 1: Registration
- In case you are using a dual sim handset, then application will ask you to select the SIM which is registered with your bank
- Application will send an SMS to verify the mobile number
- Register by entering simple details like Name, Date of Birth, City, Email, etc.
- Set your security questions and answers
- Set your 6 digit Login Passcode
Step 2: Create a Virtual Payment Address
- Go to Virtual Payment Address
- Enter your choice of VPA (e.g. “yourname@scb”)
Step 3: Link your bank account
- After successful VPA creation, you will be prompted to link your bank accounts
- Select bank name from the list of available banks.
- You will be able to see all your accounts with the bank if same mobile number is registered with the selected bank
- Select account which you want to link to the VPA
- You may click on Link Accounts option to add more bank accounts
Step 4: Set UPI PIN
- Immediately after linking the account, you will be prompted to set your UPI PIN.
- In case you haven’t set UPI PIN, go to My Account, and click Set MPIN/Mobile Banking Registration option and select your account to set the pin
- Enter last 6 digits of your Debit Card & Expiry Date
- Enter OTP, which you will receive on your registered mobile number
- Enter desired UPI PIN and confirm
- On successful verification, your UPI PIN will set for future transactions
How to send or collect Money
- Go to "Pay" option
- Select option “Virtual Payment Address”
- Select your VPA & account from drop down list
- Enter payee’s VPA, amount & remarks
- Submit and verify the details. Confirm to proceed
- Enter UPI PIN for the selected account number
- You can check the transaction status through "Status" menu
- Go to “Request” menu
- Select your VPA from drop down list
- Enter payer’s VPA
- Enter amount, expiry date and remarks
- Click on next, verify the details and confirm
- You can check the transaction status through "Status" menu.
- You will receive notification/SMS once your transactions get approved