Terms of Service for One-time Password for Online Transactions using your Debit Card
The One-time Password for Online Transaction service is a security feature intended to improve the security of Online Transactions effected at designated online merchants. For transactions effected using your card at such merchants, you will be required to enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile phone number in order to complete the transaction.
The Service provided by Standard Chartered Bank, Jersey Branch (hereinafter, the “Bank”) is subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), as supplemented by and read together with the Jersey General Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to Section 2 of the same) (the “General Terms”). Please read the TOS and the General Terms carefully and make sure that you have understood it fully before using the Service. In the event of any inconsistency, these Terms shall prevail over the General Terms.
The meaning of key words printed in italicised font like this is explained in the General Terms. Some additional key words that apply to this Service are printed in bold font like this and are defined in these Terms, including the following:
a) “Card Details” refer to the card number, expiry date, cardholder name and CVV number printed on a card.
b) “Electronic Device” refers to any device through which your OTP can be received, in connection with this Service.
c) “Service” refers to the security feature intended to improve the security of certain Online Transactions, which involves the sending of a OTP to your registered mobile phone number with the Bank and your entry of that OTP before the Online Transaction can be completed.
d) “Online Transaction” refers to a card transaction effected at a designated online merchant, which does not require physical presentation of a card, and includes future transactions authorised in advance or transactions authorised in advance to recur at various intervals.
e) “OTP” refers to the one-time password that will be sent by the Bank to your registered mobile phone number with the Bank as part of the Service.
f) “we,” “us,” or “our” refers to (i) the Bank (which includes its successors and assigns); and/or (ii) CA Technologies or its affiliates (hereinafter “CA Technologies”) operating the service on behalf of the Bank;
g) “you,” “your,” or “yours” refers to the cardholder using the Service.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
a) We reserve the right to change the TOS from time to time. We will give you prior notice of these changes by posting a notice on our website or by such other means as we, acting reasonably, determine. You can review the currently applicable version of the TOS by returning to this page at any time. In addition, when using the Service, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to the Service that may be posted from time to time at the Bank’s website.
b) You agree that your continued use of the Service after you have been advised of revisions to this TOS either by notice on the Bank’s website or otherwise shall constitute your agreement to such revised terms and any applicable posted guidelines or rules.
c) Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment, enhance or otherwise change the Service shall be subject to this TOS.
d) The Bank reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
a) When engaging in an Online Transaction for which the Service is required, you must input the OTP sent to your registered mobile phone number to authorise and complete the transaction. If the correct OTP is entered, the Bank will debit to your account the amount of any such payment authorised in this way.
b) If you are unable to provide the correct OTP, or if the authentication through the Service otherwise fails, the merchant may not accept your card in payment for that transaction.
c) To ensure the receipt and/or the accuracy of the OTP received, you are responsible for ensuring that the mobile phone number that you have registered with the Bank is active, valid and up-to-date. You also acknowledge that your receipt of OTPs is dependent on the infrastructure, connectivity and services provided by your mobile phone service provider. You therefore accept that timeliness, accuracy and/or readability of such OTPs will depend in part on such third-party service providers.
d) We are not responsible for non-delivery or delayed delivery, error, loss or distortion in transmission of OTPs if this is due to the fault of third party service providers beyond our control. You further agree that neither the Bank nor CA Technologies shall be liable in any way for any merchant’s refusal to accept your card for any payment, regardless of what the reasons may be.
a) To prevent unauthorised use of the Card, you agree to safeguard the confidentiality of your Card Details and any OTP generated through your use of this Service (collectively “Security Data”). In addition, you agree to protect all Electronic Devices from any unauthorised access.
b) If your card or Electronic Device is lost or stolen, or if you know or suspect that someone knows your Card Details or otherwise has access to any OTPs sent to your registered mobile phone number, you or any other person authorised to act on your behalf shall immediately notify the Bank by calling the dedicated debit card telephone number provided in the General Terms.
c) Save as set out in Section 3(d), you will be liable for all claims, losses and consequences arising from or in connection with all transactions referable to your Card Details and/or OTP, whether or not made with your knowledge or authorisation.
d) You are not liable for loss caused by:
1. fraudulent or negligent conduct by our employees or agents, or parties involved in the provision of the Service;
2. faults that occur in our systems, including the systems used to provide the Service, unless the faults are obvious or advised by a notice or message;
3. unauthorised transactions occurring after you have reported to the Bank that your card or Electronic Device has been lost or stolen or that you know or suspect that someone knows your Card Details or otherwise has access to any OTPs sent to your registered mobile phone number; or
4. any other transactions where it is clear that you could not have contributed to the loss.
4. OUR LIABILITY
- Neither the Bank nor CA Technologies give any warranties or conditions (whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise) in relation to the Service, and both the Bank and CA Technologies exclude all implied warranties and conditions.
- You agree that neither the Bank nor CA Technologies shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- You agree and acknowledge that CA Technologies assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way whatsoever to you or to any third party for your use of the Service.
- Under no circumstances will CA Technologies or the Bank be liable for any consequential, incidental, special or indirect losses or for loss of profit, business interruption or loss of business opportunities resulting from your use of the Service regardless of whether such damages arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise and regardless of whether we have been advised of, or are aware that such damages have been or may be incurred.
- CA Technologies and the Bank assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any damage to, or any viruses which may affect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to or use of the Services.
5. DEALINGS WITH MERCHANTS
a) You understand that use of the Service does not, in any way, indicate that we recommend or endorse any merchant, regardless of whether the merchant requires the entry of a valid OTP to complete an Online Transaction. In providing this Service, the Bank does not verify the identity of the merchant or endorse the quality of the merchant’s goods or services.
b) If there is any inconsistency between our internal records, and information relating to your card(s) and related account(s) or your use of the Service, our internal records will prevail in the absence of evidence to the contrary.
6. PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Bank, CA Technologies and/or their suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Service.
This TOS will be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Jersey.
Click here to Learn more about 3D Secure TM