Regular Savings Plan (Wealth Builder)
A specially designed product that offers you a disciplined investment strategy by enabling you to commit to invest a fixed, relatively small amount of money on a regular basis into a Mutual Fund or funds of your choice.
The Regular Savings Plan (RSP) combines several key principles of investing to make your money work harder for you. An investment into an RSP will allow you to enjoy the;
Potential Rewards of Regular Investing
- Encourages discipline; as you will be setting money aside on a regular basis
- Mitigates Risks of Market Timing; With regular investing, you do not have to worry about market timing,
- Lowers the Investment Threshold; You do not need to commit a large sum of money to start investing. Regular investing allows you to contribute what you can afford, making it a flexible yet effective way to build up your portfolio.
Power of CompoundingYou may potentially maximise your returns by consistently re-investing any dividends you receive back into your investment. Compounding can help you grow a small sum of money into a substantial amount over a longer time horizon.
Potential Benefits of Dollar Cost AveragingThe concept of dollar cost averaging – enables you to potential benefit from committing to buy a fixed sum of a particular investment on a regular schedule. When prices go up, fewer units will be bought; and when prices go down, more units will be purchased. The average cost of each unit acquired will be lower than the fund's average price over the same period.
You can select from a very wide range of unit trusts/mutual funds, invested across several asset classes and geographies, and using several different investment strategies such as Global Equities, European Equities, Emerging Market Equities, US Equities, Commodities, Real Estate, Asian Equities, Islamic/Shariah Compliant funds, Balanced Funds, Bond & Money Market Funds, Fund of Funds and many more.
The risk and reward profile for mutual funds vary and is entirely dependent on the investment strategy. We utilize our expertise to select reputable International fund houses with best in class funds.
Product Features and Qualifying Criteria
- All Investment Services Customers must be SCB Customers
- Minimum of US$200 Investible funds in monthly installments.
- Certain restrictions apply for citizens or residents of certain countries – this will be explained by your Relationship manager
- Investors meet our Investment Suitability Assessment criteria
To discuss this product further, please visit your branch, contact your Relationship Manager, or drop us an email [Kenya.firstname.lastname@example.org]
Please be advised that
- Eligibility criteria apply for membership to the Priority Banking program. Your admission to Priority Banking is at our discretion.
- Not all products, benefits and services under Priority Banking may be available in all countries and are subject to local regulations. We may vary or withdraw these services at any time.
- You can find out the current services available to you by contacting your Relationship Manager, via phone banking, visiting our branches or from the Standard Chartered Bank website in your country.