About the Service
- What is Online Banking ?
Online Banking is a simple, hassle-free and secure internet banking service available to Standard Chartered customers in Sri Lanka.
- Why should I choose Online Banking?
It's so easy to apply. And, it's FREE!
It's your own bank. You have instant access to up-to-date information on your accounts.
It's safe & easy. Using your internet banking ID and internet banking Password, you can now bank with confidence knowing that your transactions remain safe with us. With our simple and intuitive navigational toolbars and buttons, you don't need other instructions or assistance.
It's fast. It takes only a few minutes to get updated account information and complete a banking transaction - giving you more time to do other things.
It's convenient. You can perform online banking right from the comfort of your home or office.
It's 24 hours. With this service, you can access your Standard Chartered accounts 24 hours of the day, 365 days of the year.
It's worldwide access. As long as you can access the Internet, you can access your Standard Chartered accounts, anywhere in the world.
No special software required. You don't need to purchase any special software. As long as you have a personal computer (PC) with the minimum configuration, you are ready to start.
Wide range of services. Our wide range of online banking services will help you to better manage your finance. Moreover, we will progressively add more new services for your convenience.
- Do I have to pay for using this service / Is there an extra charge for this service?
There is no extra charge for using the Online Banking service. Fees are applicable if you request for a cheque book, request for a statement over a period of one year, request to set up a standing order, perform a cash advance debiting your credit card and crediting your account or sending funds to another bank locally or internationally (does not include transfers between Standard Chartered Sri Lanka accounts). Please refer the Tariff Guide available at www.sc.com where the fees for the above services have special rates for requests made through Online Banking.
- Is this service available 24-hours?
Yes. This Online Banking service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Can I access the service from overseas?
Yes. As long as you are able to access the Internet with an up to date internet browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox, you will be able to access the Online Banking service.
- How secure is this service / How safe is my personal information going through the service / What security measures are being used by this service?
This service employs the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is one of the strongest encryption technologies most commonly used by large-scale online merchants, banks, and brokerages worldwide. All online sessions between you and the bank are protected by up to 128-bit encryption, which best protects your information against disclosure to third parties.
- What is encryption and how is it used to protect my information?
Encryption is a method of scrambling your information to protect its transmission across the Internet. Encryption transforms data into an unreadable form, and decryption reverses that process. Both encryption and decryption require the use of a special code, usually referred to as a key. The encryption of data provides a strong degree of protection against tampering while data is moving through the Internet.
- What are cookies and how are they used for this service?
A cookie is information stored on your hard disk by the relevant web site in order to remember data about you for the future. This mechanism allows the server to store its own information about a user on the user's own computer
- What precautions should I take for this online service?
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your internet banking ID and internet banking password, you should take the following precautions:
- Use a strong password It should be at least eight characters long and contain a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. Don’t use the same password or PIN across all of your accounts and be sure to change them regularly.
- DO NOT reveal your ID and password to anyone.
- Change your password IMMEDIATELY, using the 'Change Password' service (under the ‘Personal Update’ tab), if you suspect it has been revealed.
- DO NOT use easily recognised numbers such as your telephone number, date of birth, etc, as your password.
- REMEMBER TO LOG OUT of the system and close your browser whenever you leave your computer, even for a short while.
- Clear your browser's cache on a regular basis so that your account information is removed. This is particularly important if you are using a shared PC. You should clear it after each session.
- Always use the latest recommended internet browser so that you are using the most updated security features available.
- Call our Call Centre on +94 11 2480480 immediately if you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
- What should I do if I suspect there are unauthorized transactions on my account?
If you suspect there are unauthorized transactions on your account, please report it to our Call Centre on +94 11 2480480. Please provide details such as your name, account number, transaction type, date & time of transaction, description of error and amount involved.
If you suspect the unauthorized transactions are due to lost/stolen password or if your credit card/debit card has been lost or stolen, please call our Call Centre on +94 11 2480480 to terminate Online Banking immediately.
- What precautions should I take when using shared/public PCs for this service?
We strongly recommend you not to conduct your Internet banking transactions on shared/public PCs unless it is essential and you are sure that it is safe to do so.
Please clear browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed from such PCs.
- We strongly recommend you not to conduct your Internet banking transactions on shared/public PCs unless it is essential and you are sure that it is safe to do so. Please clear browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed from such PCs.
- Do not choose a password that is easily identifiable such as your personal telephone number, birthday or other personal information etc.
- Avoid using sequential numbers (such as 123456) or same number more than twice (such as 123226) for your password.
- Your password must be kept confidential at all times and do not reveal your password to anyone.
- Your password must be memorised and not be recorded anywhere. Do not write down your password or use it where someone can see.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect it has been revealed using the ‘Personal Update – Change Password’ tab.
- Change your password regularly. You can change your password anytime under 'Personal Update - Change Password'.
Application for the service
- Who can apply for this service?
To use this service, you must have at least a transactional or Credit Card account with Standard Chartered Bank Sri Lanka. Corporates/organisations are not eligible.
- How do I apply for this service?
You are enabled to use the Service in two ways: either 1) you will be issued a user identification code and you may then choose your own Password for the Service or 2) by logging in with your credit card or debit card details as instructed through the Instant Registration link. Once you have created your own User ID and password (Security Codes), both Security Codes will be used to identify you whenever you access the Service as in 1
- What is my ID and password for log-in?
They are unique secret words/characters to each user to ensure confidentiality. You need both to log-in.
- Can I use my ATM PIN to log in? Or use my Phone Banking PIN.
You may use your debit card or credit card details to log in provided your mobile number is up to date. If you hold both a credit card and current or savings account please log in with either your debit card details or your credit card and credit card pin number as directed by the Instant Registration link. Your phone banking TIN will not be valid for this service.
- What happens when my ID is invalid / What should I do if I have forgotten my ID/password?
Please click Forgot Password link on the log in page and follow the instructions.
- Can I change my password?
Yes, you may change your password, using the 'Personal Update - Change Password' service, anytime to ensure security.
- Can I change my Login ID?
You can only change your Login ID when you login to Internet Banking for the very first time. Where you request to re-register via the Forgot Password link, you may then choose a new User ID (and password).
- What should I do if I suspect that my password/credit or debit card has been stolen or exposed to others?
If you suspect that your password or credit card/debit card has been stolen or exposed to others, please change your password immediately by clicking on the 'Personal Update – Change Password' tab.
- Can I see a summary of my accounts?
Yes. You can see a summary of your account profile at the Personal Homepage once you have logged-in to Online Banking.
- Can I view the transactions belonging to all my accounts?
Yes, you can view the transactions belonging to all your accounts under the ‘Accounts – Transaction Details’ tab.
- How far back can I view my transaction history?
You can view your transactional history up to one year for your accounts and the last two statements for your credit card account. Your account statements are segmented as per the period selected. Card statements are monthly.
- Can I download and save my account information and latest transactions?
Yes. You can select your latest transaction or historical transactions for a period up to one year from the current date and click on the download button to save the information for your tracking.
- What is the use of the Mail Box in the Personal Homepage?
The Mail Box is a feature in our Online Banking that allows you to view any messages that the Bank has sent to you.
- Can I use the Mail Box to send an email to my friend?
No. The Mail Box is only for communication between you and Standard Chartered. For security reasons, we do not accept any instruction relating to financial transactions through the Mail Box.
- Can I delete messages from the Mail Box?
Yes. You can delete the messages from the Mail Box.
- How long do messages remain in the Mail Box?
All messages will be deleted in regular intervals.
- Can I get confirmation of my transaction?
Yes, you can get transaction alerts by email. To do so please click Personal Update once you have logged in to Online Banking and Subscribe for email alerts.
- How do I pre-register my 3rd party Standard Chartered accounts? When will the funds be available in the receiving account after I do an Immediate Fund Transfer to accounts within Standard Chartered Sri Lanka? Is there a maximum limit on the amount of funds I can transfer? What kind of funds transf
You can transfer funds between your own Standard Chartered account, to another registered account with Standard Chartered Sri Lanka and to another bank third party accounts or even transfer from your credit card to your savings or current account. You can also make payments to Standard Chartered Credit Card and leading utility service providers.
- Do I need to pre-register my accounts before I can use the funds transfer facility?
Yes, you may register 3rd party accounts online before you can make a transfer.
- How do I pre-register my 3rd party Standard Chartered accounts?
This can be completed online using the ‘Add beneficiary’ link under Local / International Transfers. Your own accounts will automatically appear unless there are restrictions on you transacting on that account. We may in some cases block transactions due to regulatory restrictions/limitations.
- When will the funds be available in the receiving account after I do an Immediate Fund Transfer to accounts within Standard Chartered Sri Lanka?
Fund transfers to other Standard Chartered accounts within Sri Lanka will take effect right after the transaction. For transfers to other banks, the transfer will be performed by the next working day for SLIPS and instantly by CEFT (Instant Transfer).
For transfers debiting your credit card, funds will be available immediately.
- Is there a maximum limit on the amount of funds I can transfer?
You can view the transfer limits applicable to you by selecting the Transfer Limits link tab. These limits are subject to a per transaction limit as determined by the Bank. You can amend your existing limit either upwards or downwards based on your preference but within the maximum limit allowed by the Bank.
Credit Card services
- What are the card services available online?
- Cards Balance enquiry
- Card Payment
- Credit Limit Increase
- Cash advance
- How do I view my credit card statement?
You can view your current Standard Chartered Credit Card statement online and two previous card statements anytime, anywhere. All you need to do is to click on the ‘Statements’ tab and select the statement that you wish to see.
Your statements are segmented as:
- Current transactions: Here you will view all your transactions recorded after your last month's statement from the Bank.
- Last statement: This will be your last month's statement.
- Prior statement: This will be your statement 'prior' to the last month's statement.
- How do I pay my credit card bill online?
You can make payment to your Standard Chartered Credit Card bills instatly or set-up a standing order payment mode. Simply click on the Card and click Pay Balance / Minimum due and select the debiting account and payment amount.
- When will my credit account be updated?
Your credit card account will be updated on the same working day provided the payment is made by 8pm on that day. Payments on non-working days will be updated the following day.
- Can I increase my credit limit online?
You can do so by clicking on the "Credit limit Increase" under Know you card and submit your application online to us.
- Can I use the same ID and PIN to view my credit card and account information?
Yes simply call our 24 Hour Call Centre on + 94 11 2480480 to link your account and credit cards to existing ID and PIN.
- What can I do if my Internet Explorer frequently hangs?
You can try upgrading your browser and operating system software to the most up to date version.
- What should I do if I am not able to perform any financial transaction?
Ensure that you are using an up to date browser.
- Who can I call if I have any problem or enquiry in using this service?
Please call our Client Call Center on +94 11 2480 480..
- How to clear cache?
Click on Settings or Internet Options to clear cache.
This will vary based on the browser you are using