- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad’s AirAsia BIG Acquisition (October - December 2015) Campaign
- The Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad ("the Bank")’s AirAsia BIG Acquisition (October – December 2015) Campaign (“Campaign”) commences on 19 October 2015 and ends on 31 December 2015, inclusive of both dates ("Campaign Period").
- By participating in this Campaign, participants agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions stated herein.
- The Campaign is only open to New Customers who:
- successfully apply for and whose applications are approved by the Bank for any of the following cards issued by the Bank (“SCB Credit Cards”) during the Campaign Period: (i) CashBack Gold MasterCard Credit Card; (ii) Platinum Visa/MasterCard; or (iii) WorldMiles World MasterCard; AND
- maintain all their accounts with the Bank in good standing, without any breach of the terms and conditions or agreements, throughout the Campaign Period, (‘’Eligible Customers’’). "New Customers" mean applicants who have not held any Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad credit card as principal cardholder within the past 6 months before the applicant's credit card under this Campaign is issued.
- Individuals below the age of 21 years are not eligible to participate in this Campaign.
- New Customers whose card accounts are suspended, cancelled, or terminated for any reason during the Campaign Period or within 6 months after the end of the Campaign Period will not be entitled to receive any rewards under this Campaign.
- To participate in this Campaign, Eligible Customers must:
- (i) apply for the any of the above SCB Credit Cards during the Campaign Period by clicking on the links only accessible through either www.airasiabig.com, or electronic direct mailers or electronic statements sent by Think Big Digital Sdn Bhd which directs Eligible Customers to a specific landing and application page by the Bank, and (ii) have their application successfully approved, all within the Campaign Period; and
- activate their approved SCB Credit Card within 45 days from the credit card approval date, (“Successful Eligible Customers”).
- The Bank’s decision on records of the application and approval dates will be final and conclusive.
- The Bank will notify Successful Eligible Customers via short messages service (SMS) upon approval of their SCB Credit Card application.
- The approval of each application is subject to the Bank's usual approving criteria.
Gift: 25,000 AirAsia BIG Points
- Successful Eligible Customers who meet the Spends Criteria using their SCB Credit Card during the Spends Period as set out in Table A below will receive 25,000 AirAsia Big Points (“Gift”).
- “Spends Criteria” means a minimum of RM800 spent in retail transactions (local or international) with the SCB Credit Card.
|Card Approved Month
||Transactions during the Spends Period must be posted by
||1 October 2015 – 1 January 2016
||15 January 2016
||1 November 2015 – 1 February 2016
||15 February 2016
||1 December 2015 – 1 March 2016
||15 March 2016
- Retail transactions made by supplementary cardholders will be combined with retail transactions made by the principal cardholder to meet the Spends Criteria. If the Eligible Customer has more than one (1) SCB Credit Card, retail transactions made by each of the SCB Credit Cards will be combined to meet the Spends Criteria.
- Only one Gift will be given to each Successful Eligible Customer regardless of the number of SCB Credit Cards applied for and duly approved.
- For retail transactions successfully registered under the Bank’s easy payment schemes, the original amount of the transaction as posted to the Eligible Customer’s SCB Credit Card account during the relevant Spends Period will count towards meeting the Spends Criteria. The monthly billed instalment amounts will not count towards meeting the Spends Criteria.
- Transactions made within the relevant Spends Period must be posted to the SCB Credit Card account within the corresponding dates set out in Table A above to be included towards meeting the Spends Criteria. Please note that transactions may be posted by the merchant as late as 30 days after the transaction date. The Bank will not be held responsible for late posting.
- The following retail transactions EXCLUDED from the computation of the Spends Criteria:
- Charges which are subsequently voided disputed or charged-back to the card;
- Cash advances, cash withdrawals, balance transfers, disputed transactions and any fees charged by the Bank, including but not limited to charges for cash advance or cash withdrawals, annual fees, interest, finance charges, late payment fees, and such other charges.
- This Gift will only be credited to the principal cardholder’s BIG Shot account and the crediting will take place within 45 days from the end of the each Spends Period as set out in Table A above. The Gift is not transferable to third parties or to any supplementary cardholders.
- If the Successful Eligible Customer does not provide the Bank with a valid BIG Shot account at the point of application, a pre-assigned BIG Shot account number will be created for the Successful Eligible Customer. An email setting out the details of the AirAsia BIG Shot account number will be sent by Think BIG Digital Sdn Bhd to the Successful Eligible Customer’s registered email address with the Bank. The Successful Eligible Customer is required to activate the AirAsia BIG Shot account within 30 days from the email sent to him by Think BIG Digital Sdn Bhd. The Gift will then be credited into the Successful Eligible Customer’s registered BIG Shot account within 14 working days from the date the account is activated.
- The Bank reserves the right not to award the Gift if the Successful Eligible Customer does not activate the BIG Shot account within 30 days from the date the email was sent. Customers whose Gift have been forfeited are not entitled to any payment or compensation.
- The Bank makes no representation or warranty regarding the quality or suitability of the BIG Shot account and/or the AirAsia BIG Points. If the cardholder is not satisfied with their BIG Shot ID, and/or the AirAsia BIG Shot account or have any complaints, cardholders are to resolve them directly with Think BIG Digital Sdn Bhd and the Bank will not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.
- The use of the BIG Shot account ID, the BIG Shot account, and the AirAsia BIG Points is governed by the terms and conditions of Think Big Digital Sdn Bhd. Please refer to http://www.airasiabig.com/my/en/ for those terms and conditions.
- The customer breaches any of the terms and conditions of the SCB Credit Card; or
- The Bank discovers at any time that the customer did not in fact satisfy the requirements under this Campaign, the customer loses his/her entitlement to the Gift and must immediately refund the value of the Gift of RM1,000 to the Bank.
- This refund may be done by either of the following methods, at the Bank’s discretion, and Successful Eligible Customers agree for this to be done:
- the Bank may charge the refund amount to the customer’s credit card account; or
- the Bank may debit the refund amount from any current or savings account held by the customer with the Bank.
- If a customer applies for several different credit cards under several different campaigns or promotions at the same time, and all his applications are approved, the customer is entitled to receive a reward under one promotion or campaign only. The Bank reserves the right to decide which reward is to be given to the customer.
- The Bank will not entertain any request to change the Gift.
- The Bank may change or substitute the Gift with an item of similar value if the Gift is recalled or discontinued by its manufacturer or distributor.
- The Bank’s decisions relating to this Campaign are final and binding on all participants. If any matters arise which are not covered in these Terms and Conditions, they will be determined solely by the Bank.
- The Bank may vary any of these Terms and Conditions and extend the Campaign Period. Any such change will be announced on the Bank’s website at standardchartered.com.my, and in the Bank’s branches.
- By participating in this Campaign, all participants:
- consent for the Bank to disclose their particulars to Think Big Digital Sdn Bhd, and the Bank’s service providers and suppliers for purposes of running this Campaign and delivering the Gift;
- agree to participate in any interviews or other publicity events required by the Bank;
- consent for the Bank to disclose or publish their personal information such as their names and identities and any general information that the Bank sees fit about the participants or their account(s) in any media, marketing or advertising materials; and
- grant the Bank the absolute and unrestricted right to modify, use and/or publish any still or moving image of the participants for any Campaign, marketing, commercial or other related purpose, without any payment or compensation.
- The Campaign and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia. The participants agree that the Courts of Malaysia have jurisdiction over all matters arising from this Campaign.