Your dream of owning your own home starts here.
Owning a house is no longer beyond your reach. With Standard Chartered Skim Rumah Pertamaku (SRP), a government initiative to assist young adults to own their first home, obtain up to 100% financing and take the first steps into home ownership today!
Am I eligible?
To qualify for Skim Rumah Pertamaku, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Malaysian Citizens only
- First time homebuyer within the age of 23-35
- Maximum age at loan completion is 65 years
- Single applicant gross income not exceeding RM 5,000/month and joint applicants gross income not exceeding RM 10,000/month ( based on gross maximum income of RM 5,000/month per applicant)
- Joint applicant must be an immediate family member of applicant
- Confirmed employee with minimum employment of 6 months with same employer (current employment)
- Minimum work experience of 2 years
- Only for salaried individuals from private sector
What type of property can I buy through the scheme?
- Minimum property value of RM 100,000 to a maximum of RM 400,000
- For properties under construction, the minimum property value is RM 125,000 and the maximum is RM 400,000
- Residential properties only
- Owner occupied
- For leasehold properties, properties must have remaining leasehold of ≥ 60 years at time of application.
How do I apply?
Drop by at any Standard Chartered branch today to apply for the Skim Rumah Pertamaku. Remember to bring along the following:
- Bank book / statements showing salary incomes for the last 6 months AND
- Latest income tax return
- A recent salary payroll slip (not greater than 2 months old) with employer’s name and evidence of credit of salary into a bank account; OR
- An employer’s letter (on letterhead or bearing company chop) confirming job title, duration of service and income details
- Income calculation will be based on “base/basic salary” only.
Other Financing Requirements
- Maximum loan tenure of 30 years (completed properties) and 20 years (properties under construction)
- Compulsory fire insurance / Takaful
- Instalment payable via monthly salary deduction or standing instruction
- All outstanding debt repayment obligations (CCRIS and declaration) must not be more than 40% of customer’s base/ basic salary (completed properties). For properties under construction loans, it should not exceed 35%.