Standard Chartered’s improved WorldMiles card serves travellers end-to-end
KUALA LUMPUR, 29 February 2016
– Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia (“the Bank”) has relaunched its WorldMiles World Mastercard (“WorldMiles”) credit card with new benefits that enhance the travel experience.
Besides attractive points conversion to earn Airmiles faster, new benefits include unlimited Plaza Premium Lounge access, free limo or ERL ride home from KLIA and KLIA 2, and a dedicated travel concierge.
Aaron Loo, Country Head, Retail Banking, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia, said:
“We are making the ‘Best Travel Card’ as listed by iMoney even better by providing end-to-end solutions for travellers. Travellers today look for more than just airmiles when choosing a credit card — the travel experience is just as important. As a leading international bank with presence in some of the world’s most dynamic markets, we want WorldMiles to be the travel card of choice of today’s discerning and global citizens.”
Standard Chartered’s Emerging Affluence Report1
found that travel abroad is a top spending priority among consumers in Asia and Africa.
Malaysians are forecast to make 15.2 million outbound trips to Asia Pacific countries (excluding overland trips to Singapore) by 2020, up 70% from 8.9 million in 2011, according to Mastercard’s The Future of Outbound Travel in Asia Pacific2
Malaysia was the first among Standard Chartered’s markets to launch the WorldMiles card back in 2013.
“As customers become more affluent, they travel more often and to more distant locations. Our products and benefits are tailored to fit our customers’ lifestyles and helps them to achieve their aspirations.”
Standard Chartered cardholders enjoy more than 1,000 dining, shopping and leisure deals across the ASEAN region. The Bank’s The Good Life mobile app will point them to available deals nearest to their location.
For a limited time, every new successful WorldMiles card applicant will receive a premium travel bag as a welcome gift. For more information and latest offers, please visit www.sc.com/my/credit-cards/worldmiles-mastercard
Summary of Standard Chartered WorldMiles credit card benefits
- Attractive WorldMiles Points conversion:
Overseas spend: 3 WorldMiles Point for every RM2 spent
Local spend: 1 WorldMiles Point for every RM3 spent
2 WorldMiles points to 1 Airmile redeemable on flight tickets* and tour packages
- Unlimited Plaza Premium Lounge access at KLIA and KLIA 2
- CashBack of up to RM80 for airport limousine or KLIA Express fare
- Dedicated Standard Chartered Travel Concierge with exclusive flight tickets and holiday package offers
- Exclusive e-commerce hotel offers (e.g. Agoda, Expedia)
- First year annual fee waiver. Subsequent years’ annual fee will be waived subject to RM100,000 card spend in preceding year.
*via Malaysia Airlines Enrich, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, AirAsia BIG and Cathay Pacific-Asia Miles