WM Prosperity Campaign 2016 Terms and Conditions Excerpts
- The Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad (“SCBMB”) WM Prosperity Campaign 2016 (“Campaign”) will run from 15 January 2016 to 31 March 2016, inclusive of both dates (“Campaign Period”).
- By participating in this Campaign, participants agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions below.
- This Campaign is open to SCBMB customers who fulfil the following conditions (“Eligible Customers”):
individuals aged 21 and above;
have maintained all their accounts with SCBMB and Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad (“SCSB”) in good standing, without any breach of the relevant terms and conditions or agreements;
Eligible Customers (as defined in item 8 below).
- “Selected Products” means any unit trust funds (UT), bonds (Bonds), Investment Suite/ Haiqal Plan (IS) or Premium Currency Investment (PCI) purchased through SCBMB branches and where the Eligible Customer:
pays a sales charge of at least 2.5% (in the case of UT); or
pays a spread of at least 2% (in the case of Bonds); or
invests into Investment Suite OR Haiqal Suite; or
pays a spread of 0.2% (in the case of PCI)
NOTE: Please obtain from your Relationship Manager the latest list of investments which comply with above (4.1) to (4.4)
- “Participating Bancassurance (BANCA) Products” means subscribing to any regular premium conventional BANCA or takaful products.
Note: Please obtain from your Relationship Manager the latest list of BANCA products.
- “Total Net Qualifying Cumulative Investment Points” means the Eligible Customer’s total net investment amount in Selected Products, which are placed through SCBMB during the Campaign Period. Every Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) invested is equivalent to 1 point. The ratio method used to determine total net qualifying cumulative investment point for:-
a. UT and Bonds is at ratio 1:1
b. PCI is at a ratio 10:1
c. BANCA regular premium APE is at ratio 1:2
- “Promotion” means the 3 promotions customer can participate in and the following are the mechanics:
- Promo A – Customer must fulfilled minimum total net qualifying cumulative investment point in order to be qualified for the gift in accordance to the terms and conditions
- Promo B – Customer who subscribes BANCA during the Campaign Period will be eligible for a gift capped at maximum MYR250.
- Promo C – Customer who takes up BANCA AND Selected Products is qualified for a gift as per Promo B AND a gift based on the Total Net Qualifying Cumulative Investment Points of the subscribed BANCA and Selected Products during the Campaign Period. Please refer to Item 5 of the full Terms and Conditions ‘Promotion C – BANCA + Selected Investment only’ for the calculation of the Total Net Qualifying Cumulative Investment Points.
- “Eligible Customers” means customer who have never invested (means no transaction) and do not have AUM in any of the Selected Products, structured investment, equity linked investment and BANCA products with SCBMB and SCSB for the past 12 months prior to the Campaign period.
- Eligible Customers who is eligible for the gift must submit a completed Gift Redemption Form to any branch of SCBMB. The completed Gift Redemption Form must be received by SCBMB during the Campaign Period or latest by 7 January 2016.
- The above is merely an excerpt of the Terms and Conditions. For the full Terms and Conditions, please click here.
THE RETURNS ON YOUR STRUCTURED PRODUCT INVESTMENT WILL BE AFFECTED BY THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNDERLYING ASSET/REFERENCE, AND THE RECOVERY OF YOUR PRINCIPAL INVESTMENT MAY BE JEOPARDISED IF YOU MAKE AN EARLY REDEMPTION.
As with all investment products, the Selected Investments carry risks such as market risk, currency risk, and issuer credit risk. Past performance of a fund/bond is not indicative of its future performance. Prices and distributions (if any) can go down as well as up, and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Investors should be aware that this financial product may not be suitable for persons who are averse to such risks, and to consider the fees and charges involved. Investors are advised to read and understand the approved prospectus relating to the investment for inherent risks before investing. The Selected Investments may not be suitable for all. If in doubt, potential investors should seek independent advice.
Investments in unit trust/bond are neither deposited with nor guaranteed by SCBMB or its related companies. Accordingly, neither SCBMB nor any of its related companies will be responsible to any investor for any losses which the investor may suffer as a result of the performance of any unit trust fund/bond.
The returns on your structured product investment will be affected by the performance of the underlying asset/reference, and the recovery of your principal investment may be jeopardized if you make early redemption.
If you are an individual, the investments in Structured Investment/bond are made available to you if you confirm the
- your total net personal assets exceed Ringgit Malaysia Three million (RM3,000,000) or its equivalent in foreign currency, excluding the value of your primary residence; OR
- your gross annual income exceeding Ringgit Malaysia Three hundred thousand (RM300,000) or its equivalent in foreign currencies per annum in the preceding twelve (12) months; OR
- your total net joint assets with your spouse exceed Ringgit Malaysia Three million (RM3,000,000) or its equivalent in foreign currency, excluding the value of your primary residence; OR
- your joint gross annual income with your spouse exceed Ringgit Malaysia Four hundred thousand (RM400,000) or its equivalent in foreign currencies per annum in the preceding twelve (12) months
This document is not intended to be an offer or invitation to subscribe for or purchase of securities. The information contained herein or contained in the relevant documents relating to the financial product has been obtained from sources believed in good faith to be reliable and the opinions, analyses, forecasts, projections and expectations (collectively “Opinions”) contained herein or contained in the relevant documents relating to the financial product are based on such information and are expressions of belief only. No representation or warranty, expressed or implied, is made that such information or Opinions is accurate, complete or verified and should not be relied on as such, Information and Opinions contained herein or contained in the relevant documents relating to the financial product are published for recipients’ reference only.