Complimentary Travel Medical Insurance
Complimentary Travel Medical Insurance for Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Cardholders
This insurance cover is arranged by Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad ("the Bank") for the Bank's Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Cardholders in Malaysia under the Master Policy ("Policy") issued by MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad. ("Insurer" or "Company"), to the Bank.
This insurance is provided subject to the Terms, Conditions and Exceptions of the Policy. All endorsements, changes and amendments to the Policy as agreed between the Insurer and the Bank shall be binding on the Insured. Any changes in the policy will be announced beforehand on our website, and in our branches, and notified via the Account statements. Any such revision or withdrawal will not entitle any person to claim whatsoever against the Bank.
Some Key Definitions
- Accident/Accidental means an event which happens suddenly and gives rise to a result which the Insured did not intend or anticipate.
- Event means an occurrence, including continuous or repeated exposure to the occurrence.
- Injury means any bodily injury suffered caused solely by Accident and not by sickness, disease or gradual, physical or mental wear and tear.
- Insured means each Standard Chartered Bank's valid Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card holder in Malaysia and his/her legal spouse.
- Medical Practitioner means any qualified medical practitioner legally registered by the competent Medical Authorities of the country in which treatment is provided, to practise western medicine and surgery. The Medical Practitioner shall not be an Insured, a business partner or an employer or employee or agent of the Insured, or a person related to the Insured in anyway.
- Policyholder means Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad.
- Sickness means any deterioration of health of an Insured due to medical conditions contracted, commencing or manifesting during the Trip and caused solely by Accident which requires the treatment by a Medical Practitioner.
- Trip means the time while the Insured is travelling outside of Malaysia.
Subject to the Policy terms, conditions and exceptions, this insurance provides the following benefits:-
|Summary of Benefits||Limit of Liability|
|Section 1: MEDICAL EXPENSES|
|Reimbursement for medical treatment expenses incurred as a result of Injury/Sickness suffered by the Insured during the Trip and/or whilst the Common Carrier Conveyance in which the Insured is travelling on, leaves or takes off from Malaysia.
||Maximum Limit per Accident:
|Section 2: DELAYED BAGGAGE|
|Reimbursement for emergency purchase of essential clothing or toiletries by the Insured if his/her personal baggage for a trip is temporarily lost in transit and not restored within 4 hours of the destination point||Maximum Limit per Event:
|Section 3: LOSS OF PURCHASES|
|Pay for accidental loss or damage to property or goods purchased overseas or locally with a valid Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card (excluding Money, perishables, etc.)||Maximum Limit
|Section 4: TRAVEL ASSISTANCE SERVICES|
The following are some General Obligations, Definitions, Procedures and Exclusions applicable to Section 4. Please refer to the Policy for full details of the Terms and Conditions.
Serious Medical Condition
A condition which in the opinion of International SOS constitutes a serious medical emergency requiring urgent remedial treatment to avoid death or serious impairment to the Insured's immediate or long term health prospects. The seriousness of the medical condition will be judged within the context of the Insured's geographical location, the nature of the medical emergency and the local availability of appropriate medical care or facility.
Country of residence means Malaysia.
Sickness means any sudden and unforeseen sickness or disease suffered by the Insured and first manifested during the Trip.
Request for Assistance
In case of an Emergency and prior to taking personal action where reasonable, the Insured or his/her representative shall collect call MSIG Assist whose contact number is listed below:
- +603 7965 3930
- and state His/Her name, name of the insurance company and his/her ID card or passport number and Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Card Credit No. for verification; and
- the name of the place and the telephone number where MSIG Assist can reach the Insured or his/her representative; and
- a brief description of the accident and the nature of help required.
Notification to MSIG Assist
- In an Emergency involving a life threatening situation, the Insured or his/her representative should always try to arrange for emergency transfer to a hospital near the place of occurrence through the most appropriate and immediate means and then call MSIG Assist to provide the appropriate information as soon as possible.
- In the event of Bodily Injury or Sickness resulting in the hospitalisation of the Insured prior to MSIG Assist being notified, the Insured or his/her representative, where possible, shall contact MSIG Assist within three (3) days of the occurrence of such Emergency or any complication directly relating to such Emergency.
In the event of repatriation, the Insured or his/her representative shall furnish the following information to facilitate prompt response:
- The name, address and telephone number of the hospital or other medical facility where the Insured has been taken, and
- The name, address and phone number of the attending Physician and, if necessary, the Insured's family doctor.
MSIG Assist's medical team or other representatives shall have free access to the Insured in order to assess the Insured's condition. Without reasonable justification for denial of such an access, the Insured will not be eligible for further medical assistance.
The Insured or any party will not be entitled to be reimbursed for any expenses without first obtaining prior approval from the Company.
Limitations on Claims
Any claim with respect to an Assistance Event or the right to any legal action or claim shall be forfeited unless such claim is filed within two (2) years of the occurrence of such event.
The costs of rendering emergency assistance services will not be borne by the Company or by MSIG Assist in respect of:
- Services rendered without the authorisation and/or intervention of MSIG Assist.
- Services provided by any party other than MSIG Assist for which no charge is usually made.
- Medical treatment administered by the Insured's relatives whether qualified or not.
- Costs which would have been payable if the event giving rise to the intervention of MSIG Assist had not occurred.
- Any expense more specifically covered under any other insurance policy.
- All circumstances described under the General Exceptions of this Policy.
General Exceptions (Applicable to the whole Policy)
There are certain situations where no benefits are payable. Please refer to the Policy for full details of the General Exceptions.
General Conditions (Applicable to the whole Policy and to be observed by the Policyholder, Insured and all persons insured under the Policy)
The following are some key conditions in the Policy. Please refer to the Policy for full details of the Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The policy is to be construed according to the laws of Malaysia. The parties submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia for the resolution of any conflict or dispute relating to the Policy save where the circumstances are governed by the Arbitration clause of the Policy.
Exclusion of Rights Under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act
A person who is not a party to this Policy contract shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 to enforce any of its terms.
(a) Notice shall be given by the Insured to the Insurer
Level 8, Menara Weld,
76, Jalan Raja Chulan,50200 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel: +603 2050 8228
Fax: +603 2070 5959
as soon as possible of the happening of any event in respect of which a claim is to be made.
(b) The Insured shall at his own expense furnish to the Insurer such certificates information and evidence as the Insurer may reasonably require.
(c) In respect of a claim under Section 1 of the Policy
(i) Any Insured shall as soon as possible after the happening of any event in respect of which a claim is to be made procure and follow medical advice from a duly registered medical practitioner.
(ii) Any Insured as often as required shall submit to medical examination on behalf of the Insurer at its own expense.
Data Privacy Notice
It is hereby declared that as a condition precedent to the liability of the Company the Insured has agreed that any personal information in relation to the Insured provided by the Insured to the Company may be held, used and disclosed to enable the Company or individuals / organisations associated with the Company or any independent third party (within or outside of Malaysia) to
(a) process and assess the Insured's application or any matter arising from the Policy and any other application for insurance cover and/or
(b) provide all services related to this Policy.
The Insurer may cancel this Policy by sending sixty (60) days' notice by registered letter to the Policyholder at its last known address and in such event will return to the Policyholder the premium paid less the pro rata portion thereof for the period the Policy has been in force. The Policy may be cancelled at any time by the Policyholder by giving sixty (60) days' notice to the Insurer and provided no claim has arisen during the then current Period of Insurance the Policyholder shall be entitled to a return of premium paid on a pro-rated basis less the period the Policy has been in force and subject to any adjustment of premium required by the Terms or Conditions of this Policy.
Termination of an Insured's Cover
The cover of an Insured under this Policy will terminate immediately in any of the following circumstances, whichever first occurs:
(a) When the Policy is terminated;
(b) When the Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card Programme is terminated; or
(c) When the Insured (the holder of Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card) ceases to hold such credit card. The termination of an Insured's cover under such circumstances shall not prejudice a covered claim arising prior to such or termination for the Insured concerned.
The due observance and fulfilment of the terms provisions and conditions of this Policy insofar as they relate to anything to be done or not to be done by the Policyholder or Insured or other claimant and the truth of the statements and answers in the proposal shall be conditions precedent to any liability of the Insurer to make any payment under this Policy.
Note: This Product Summary is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the terms, conditions and exceptions of this insurance are provided in the Policy that is issued to and lodged with the Bank. The Policy may be inspected at the Bank's designated premises on request. The Terms and Conditions as agreed between the Insurer, MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad and Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad is binding without prior notice to the Insured/Cardholder.