Deposit and Invest Campaign Q3 2019 Terms & Conditions Excerpt
1. Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad (“SCBMB”) and Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad (“SCSB”) (collectively referred to as “the Bank”) Deposit and Invest Campaign Q3 2019 (“Campaign”) will run from 1 July until 30 September 2019, both dates inclusive (“Campaign Period”).
2. This Campaign is open to Bank’s clients who fulfill the following conditions is referred to as Eligible Clients:
2.1 individuals aged 21 and above;
2.2 have maintained all their accounts with the Bank in good standing, without any breach of the terms and conditions or agreements.
3. Eligible Clients must invest a minimum of RM100,000 into a single payment Unit Trust/ Islamic Unit Trust (“UT”) with a minimum sales charge of 2.5% to be eligible for this promotional rate offer.
4. Eligible Clients will then be allowed to place a Fixed Deposit (“FD”) or Term Deposit-i (TD-i) on a 1:1 ratio based on their UT investment purchase. The FD/TD-i placement tenure is 6 months and placement amount in FD/TD-i must be fresh funds (“Promotional Rate Tenure”).
“Fresh Funds” means funds which do not originate from any account held with SCBMB or SCSB. Fresh Funds means monies or funds howsoever transferred, credited or paid into a Current Account or Savings Account (“CASA”) / Current Account or Savings Account-i (“CASA-i”) and TD-I from other banks and/or financial institutions by way of
(i) Interbank GIRO transfers, (ii) collection and payment of cheques drawn on such other bank(s) and/or liquidation of Wealth assets held with SCBMB or SCSB. Transfers of funds
from other CASA/CASA-i including maturity and/or upliftment of FD/TD-i account within SCSB or SCBMB are not considered Fresh Funds.
5. This Campaign will end:
a) on 30 September 2019; OR
b) when the total FD/TD-i placement by Eligible Clients with SCBMB or SCSB reaches the tranche target size of RM300,000,000, whichever occurs earlier.
6. FD/TD-i is eligible for protection by PIDM.
7. The above is merely an excerpt of the Terms and Conditions governing the Deposit and Invest Campaign Q3 2019. Please click here for full Terms & Conditions.
*The potential annual income of up to 5% p.a. on Unit Trust/Islamic Unit Trust is only on some funds, based on their historical performance. Note that past performance
is not an indication of future performance.