As per decision of the Federal Government, vide Notification No. 2/7/2011-Public dated October 13, 2011 five days working week will be observed by State Bank of Pakistan. Accordingly, State Bank of Pakistan shall remain closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
The following office timings will be observed by State Bank of Pakistan with immediate effect till further orders:
||Monday to Thursday
||9 am to 5.30 pm (with lunch/prayer break from 1.30 pm to 2.15 pm)
||9 am to 6.00 pm (with lunch/prayer break from 1 pm to 2.30 pm)
In order to ensure availability of basic banking facilities to business community, SBP has required the banks to select branches in various business centers/commercial hubs/ports etc. that will remain open on Saturdays. The Head Offices and other administrative offices of banks will remain closed on Saturdays.
In order to comply with SBP directives, it has been decided that 38 branches of SCBPL (download list) will remain open on Saturdays across the country.
|Mon - Thursday:
||9:00 am to 5:30 pm
||9:00 am to 6:00 pm (with lunch/prayer break from 1 pm to 2.30 pm)
||9:00 am to 1:30 pm
Branches will remain open only for carrying out basic banking activities. A list of activities permissible to be carried out on Saturdays is as under:
- Cash Receipts and Payments
- Collection of Government Revenues (Taxes, Custom Duties etc.)
- Government Payments (Pensions, Salaries etc.)
- Online Transactions/Fund Transfer (wherever possible)
- Collection of Utility Bills
- Issuance of Demand Drafts, Pay Orders, Traveller Cheques etc.
- Collection of Cheques and other related instruments (the instruments received for clearing will be processed on next working day)
- Receipt of Documents/Opening of Inland & Foreign Letter of Credit (not forward cover)
Branches are to ensure deployment of minimal / required number of staff absolutely necessary to carry out the above functions, manage customer traffic / load and to ensure minimum possible use of electric appliances.