Thank you for participating in our 2017 Chinese New Year Dining Cashback Promotion. The promotion has ended on 28 February 2017. Cardholders who are eligible for the cashback will be notified via SMS and the cashback will be credited by 30 April 2017. Click here for our latest promotions.
Don’t have a card? Apply now.
The following transactions charged to a Registered Card will not be considered as Qualifying Transactions for purposes of the 2017 CNY Promotions:
- Insurance premiums, including premiums for investment-linked policies, charged to the Registered Card;
- Bill payments (Examples of bill payment merchants include but are not limited to Telecommunications and utilities providers such as Starhub, Singtel and M1, Singapore Power);
- Any payment via AXS network;
- Any payment via SAM network;
- Payments to government agencies which include but not limited to Land Transport Authority, Housing Development Board, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Public Utilities Board, Immigration & Checkpoints Authority and the Ministry of Manpower;
- Income tax payments;
- EZ-Link cards transactions;
- Transit Link transactions;
- Any transactions pertaining to Merchant Category Codes 6211 (Security Brokers/Dealers) and 7995 (Gambling/Lotto)
- Balance transfers to the Registered Card, cash advances from the Registered Card, purchases via NETS and ongoing instalment payments;
- Any fees and charges (including annual fees, interest charges, cheque processing fees, administrative fees, cash advance fees, finance charges and/or late payment charges and other miscellaneous fees and charges) charged to the Registered Card;
- Any amount charged to the Registered Card during the Promotion Period that is subsequently cancelled, voided or reversed; and
- Balance owing on the Registered Card account from other months.
Terms and Conditions
- 2017 Chinese New Year Dining Cashback Promotion Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for the 2017 Chinese New Year Dining Cashback Promotion held from 1 January to 28 February 2017 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”), cardholders (“Eligible Cardholders”) must be one of the first 32,000 cardholders to successfully register their eligible credit card during the Promotion Period (such card a “Registered Card”). Valid for eligible Standard Chartered Credit Cards only and card exclusions apply. Eligible Cardholders who meet the minimum spend requirement of $1,088 (“Minimum Spend”) in his/her total eligible spends on a single Registered Card (“Eligible Transactions”) from 1 January to 31 January 2017 (both dates inclusive) (“First Period”) and/or from 1 February to 28 February 2017 (both dates inclusive) (“Second Period” and together with the First Period, the “Qualifying Periods”) will be entitled to 15% cashback on all Qualifying Dining Transactions made on that Registered Card in the relevant Qualifying Period. The maximum amount of cashback that can be awarded per Qualifying Period per Eligible Cardholder under this Promotion is capped at $88.
Eligible spends (for purposes of computing the Minimum Spend) exclude transactions such as, but not limited to, insurance premiums, all modes of bill payments (including payments to telecommunications and utilities providers), payments via AXS and SAM networks, payments to government agencies (including LTA, HDB, IRAS, PUB, ICA & MOM), income tax payments, EZ-Link/Transit Link top-up/reload transactions, any transactions pertaining to Merchant Category Codes (“MCC”) 6211 (Security Brokers/Dealers) and 7995 (Gambling/Lotto), balance transfers, cash advances, NETS purchases, ongoing instalment payments, any fee and charges, cancelled/voided/reversed transactions and outstanding balances.
Qualifying Dining Transactions are dining spends charged to the Registered Card made at dining establishments in Singapore and overseas classified under the MCC of Restaurants and eating places (5811/5812), Fast Food Restaurants (5814) and Pubs & Bars (5813). Local hotel restaurant spends charged in Singapore dollars will also be eligible. For avoidance of doubt, purchases from bakeries, supermarkets, catering companies and overseas hotel restaurants that are not under the MCCs stated above will not be considered as Qualifying Dining Transactions for this Promotion.
Cardholders eligible to receive cashback under this Promotion will be notified via SMS by 30 April 2017 and the Cashback will be credited by 30 April 2017. Visit here for the full 2017 Chinese New Year Dining Cashback Promotion Terms and Conditions that apply, including details on card exclusions and eligible/excluded transactions.
- Credit Cards Sign-Up (1 February to 30 June 2017) Promotion
* To be eligible for the Credit Cards Sign-Up Promotion (“Promotion”) available from 1 February to 30 June 2017 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”), you must apply for an eligible credit card (“Eligible Card”) issued by Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (“Bank”) as a principal cardholder during the Promotion Period and such application for the Eligible Card must not be in conjunction with your application for a CashOne / Credit Card Instalment Loan or a Mortgage Loan under the Home Suite Bundle. If you do not have any existing / previously cancelled principal credit cards with the Bank at the point of your application, you will be eligible to choose between receiving any one of (A) $150 in Uber credits (“Uber Credits”), (B) a $150 Caltex StarCash card (the “Caltex StarCash Card”) or (C) up to $138 cashback (depending on the specific channel utilised) for the Eligible Card approved under this Promotion. If you already have an existing / previously cancelled principal credit card with the Bank at the point of your application, you will be eligible to receive $20 cashback for the Eligible Card approved under this Promotion. If (1) the choice of sign-up gift and/or cashback (as applicable) is not indicated/not indicated clearly or (2) more than 1 sign-up gift and/or cashback is indicated at the point of application, you will be deemed to have chosen to receive the Uber Credits. If you opt for the Uber Credits, a promo code will be issued to you which entitle you to $10 off each Uber ride for 15 consecutive rides. These must be used within 4 weeks from the date the promo code was issued to you. A promo code will be sent via SMS to all qualifying customers within 60 working days from Eligible Card activation. If you opt for the Caltex StarCash Card, a redemption letter will be mailed to you within 60 working days from Eligible Card activation for the collection of the Caltex StarCash Card. If you opt for / are eligible to receive cashback, this will be credited to your principal Eligible Card account within 30 working days from Eligible Card activation, subject to the Eligible Card being valid and in good standing. The maximum cashback you may receive under any and all other Credit Card Sign-up Promotions is capped at $138. No further cashback will be awarded under this Promotion if the previous cashback cap under any earlier Credit Card Sign-up Promotions has been reached, as determined by the Bank. The Bank reserves the right not to grant any waiver of the first year annual fee for the Eligible Card account, if you fail to charge a minimum of 3 eligible retail transactions to the Eligible Card account within 60 days from the card approval date. This Promotion is not valid with other offers, discounts, rebates, vouchers, privileges or promotions, including but not limited to the MANHATTAN Sign-Up Promotion (1 January to 31 March 2017). Credit Cards Sign-Up Promotion (1 February to 30 June 2017) Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for full terms and conditions, including eligibility and exclusions.
#You will be awarded with $30 cashback on your first eligible Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay transaction made within 30 days of activation of your eligible credit card (“Eligible Card”) if you (1) are eligible to receive a sign-up gift under the Credit Cards Sign-Up Promotion (1 February to 30 June 2017) and (2) do not have any existing previously cancelled principal credit cards with Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited at the point of your application. This promotion is valid from 1 February to 31 March 2017 (both dates inclusive). Exclusions apply. Visit sc.com/sg/credit-cards/cardssignup-tnc/ for full terms and conditions of the Mobile Wallets Sign-Up Cashback (1 February to 31 March 2017) Promotion. “Eligible Card” refers to Platinum Visa/Mastercard® Credit Card, MANHATTAN World Mastercard® Credit Card, SingPost Platinum Visa Credit Card, NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card, Prudential Platinum Credit Card and PruPrestige Visa Signature Credit Card.
You are applying for a MANHATTAN World Mastercard
You are an existing Standard Chartered principal credit cardholder.
MANHATTAN World Mastercard
Did you recently have a change in income or employment?
This link brings you to a third party Website, over which Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited has no control ("3rd Party Website"). Use of the 3rd Party Website will be entirely at your own risk, and subject to the terms of the 3rd Party Website, including those relating to confidentiality, data privacy and security.
Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about and does not endorse, recommend or approve the contents of the 3rd Party Website.
In addition to the terms stated in Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited's Important Legal Notices, Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with the content of or the consequences of accessing the 3rd Party Website, including any virus arising from or system failure associated with the 3rd Party Website.
In the event of any inconsistency between the terms herein / the Bank's Important Legal Notices and the terms on the 3rd Party Website, the terms herein / the Bank's Important Legal Notices will prevail.
By clicking "Proceed", you will be confirming that you have read and agreed to the terms herein and in the Bank's Important Legal Notices.
Standard Chartered Bank (the “Bank”) is committed to maintaining a culture of the highest ethics and integrity, and in compliance with all applicable law, regulation and internal policy. As part of this commitment, the Bank has a ‘Speaking Up’ programme through which genuine concerns in this regard can be raised. Members of the public can securely raise Speaking Up concerns through this hyperlink, which is hosted on behalf of the Bank by a third party ‘InTouch’. Examples of concerns that can be raised through this website are concerns that relate to accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters and concerns relating to bribery or banking and financial crime. Concerns received will be forwarded to the Bank’s investigations team for review. Complaints relating to SCB banking services should not be raised through this site in the first instance, but through the SCB branch network, contact centres, Relationship Managers or the ‘Contact Us’ webpage.