Terms and Conditions
Liverpool Football Club ("LFC") Straits Times Readers’ Contest 2016(the "Contest")
These terms and conditions govern your participation in the Contest. Please ensure that you have read and understood these terms and conditions carefully before participating in the Contest. By entering the Contest, you agree to be unequivocally bound by these terms and conditions, and you represent and warrant that all particulars provided by you for participation in the Contest (if any), are true, accurate and complete.
To participate in the Contest, you must be a Singapore citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident aged 18 years and above, with a valid and existing Facebook ("FB") account (as at the date of your participation in the Contest in accordance with paragraph 2 below).
The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
- full-time staff of Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore Branch and/or Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (collectively, the "Bank");
- full-time staff of Singapore Press Holdings;
- any other person who is involved in organizing or administering the Contest; and
- family members and/or relatives of persons in (a) and (b) above, (each, a "Non-Eligible Person").
- Description of Contest.
Readers of Straits Times’ newspapers (both printed and digital) shall be invited to share on the Bank’s FB page why they love LFC (in 80 words or less) (each, a "Participant Post") from 5 October 2016 to 31 October 2016 (the "Contest Period").
A Participant Post is deemed to have been successfully posted by you if (i) it is posted during the Contest Period, and (ii) it appears as a comment to the Bank's FB Page, visible to the public at all times during the Contest Period.
If you have submitted multiple entries, the LATEST Participant Post successfully posted on the Bank’s FB page before 1500 hours on 31 October 2016 will be treated as your submission for consideration by the Bank for the purposes of this Contest.
For the avoidance of doubt, all Participant Posts must adhere to the Standard Chartered Online interaction guidelines available at http://www.standardchartered.com/_interaction-guidelines/en/index.html. By submitting a Participant Post, an entry, a comment, a photo or otherwise participating in the Contest, you represent and warrant that any contents posted by you on the Bank's FB page will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is unlawful, libellous, racially disparaging, defamatory, obscene, harassing or threatening, and you further agree to abide by all rules and guidelines prescribed herein, and the Bank reserves the right to remove or otherwise not publish any post that contravenes any of these rules and guidelines, including but not limited to:
- any post, comment or photo which contains offensive, aggressive, denigrating, irrelevant or inappropriate language;
- any post, comment or photo which veers away from the topic in discussion and/or is otherwise not related to the Contest, or which appear to be spam; and/or
- any post, comment or photo which may be obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or otherwise malicious in nature.
Each Winner will get a prize (the "Prize") consisting of the following:
- a meet-and-greet session (which will include a photograph opportunity and autograph session) with LFC legends Ian Rush, Gary McAllister and Luis Garcia; and
- a LFC goodie bag.
- Subject to clauses 12 and 14, the Bank reserves the right to disqualify any participant and/or not to award the Prize (and to replace the Winner and/or otherwise select another Winner) if the Bank, at any time, is or becomes aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that (i) a participant of the Contest is a Non-Eligible Person, (ii) that any particulars provided to the Bank is not true, accurate or complete, or (iii) the relevant Participant Post is deemed by the Bank to be obscene, libelous, racially disparaging, defamatory, harassing, threatening or contains any unlawful content. The Bank’s decision shall be final and binding on all participants of the Contest and the Winners (including the determination of eligibility of a Contest participant) and the Bank shall not be obliged to disclose its reason therefor. No appeal or objection on any grounds will be entertained.
- Each Winner is limited to only one (1) Prize. Prizes are non-¬transferable, non-assignable, non-exchangeable and non-redeemable for cash.
- Prizes which are not redeemed will be forfeited. No payment or compensation whether in cash, credit or kind shall be made for any uncollected, lost, misplaced, defaced, stolen or damaged Prize.
- All Winners will be individually notified via a reply ("Reply") to their Participant Post and posted by the Bank through the Bank's FB post. Winners will have three (3) working days from the date of posting of the Reply, or in any event until the deadline stipulated in the Reply, to write to the email address provided by the Bank in the Reply, providing relevant personal data and/or information (including the Winner's name, contact number, and NRIC / Passport number) for the purposes of fulfillment of the Prize. If any Winner fails to reply within the specified period stated above or provides the Bank with erroneous details, the Bank reserves the right to select another Winner. Each Winner is solely responsible for providing updated particulars to the Bank for the purposes of fulfilment of the Prize, and the Bank shall not be liable for any loss arising from any omission, error and/or default attributable to that Winner. Winners will be notified by 1 November 2016 or such later date as determined by the Bank in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Bank is not responsible for any content posted by the Contest participants or for any comments made by members of the public in relation thereto. All opinions and comments expressed by users of FB are expressed in their individual capacities and not as representatives of the Bank. You are solely responsible for your user content and the consequences of posting and publishing it.
- All materials posted on FB or the Bank’s FB page are subject to viewing and possible public downloading by third party viewers and the Bank shall not be held responsible for any consequences that may result therefrom.
- The Bank shall not be responsible for any errors, non-delivery or missing of entries, due to the malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer or mobile telephone equipment, software or network failure including any injury or damage to your computer or mobile device related to or resulting from your participation or downloading any materials for the purpose of the Contest. Posts on the Bank's FB page that are lost, late, misdirected or incomplete, for any reason whatsoever, will also not be eligible for the Contest.
- Without prejudice to clause 4, if you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions, your participation in the Contest may be terminated immediately without notice. The Bank’s decision shall be final and the Bank shall not be obliged to disclose its reason. No appeal or objection on any grounds will be entertained.
- No payment or compensation whether in cash, credit or kind shall be made for any uncollected, lost, misplaced, defaced, stolen or damaged Prize. The Bank is not an agent of FB, LFC or the merchants supplying the Prizes. The Bank makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, value, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the Prizes and assumes no liability or responsibility for the acts or omissions of the merchants or any non-performance or defects in the Prizes. Any dispute about the quality, value, condition or performance of the Prizes shall be resolved by the Winners directly with the relevant merchants. The Bank reserves the right to replace or substitute the Prize with any item of equivalent or similar value (determined by the Bank at its sole and absolute discretion), without prior notice or reason, and the Bank shall not be obliged to disclose its reason.
- Without prejudice to clause 4, the Bank’s decision on all matters relating to or in connection with this Contest, including the award of the Prize, disqualification of any participant and/or in every situation, shall be final and binding. No appeal or objection on any grounds will be entertained regarding the Bank’s decision on the same.
- By participating in the Contest, you consent to and grant the Bank the right to publish and broadcast the results of the Contest, and disclose and publish your information as may be relevant and/or necessary for the fulfilment of the Prize (including your name, any part of your identification / passport number and any photograph taken of you pursuant to your participation in the Contest):
- in any major newspaper in Singapore;
- over the air via radio shows in Singapore;
- on television screens at selected marketing locations in Singapore;
- on the Bank's FB page; and/or
- on the Bank’s websites.
- The Winners may be invited to participate in public relations events to generate press coverage for the Contest, including without limitation, Winners' quotations being included in and photographs of Winners being taken for the Bank's press releases; and Winners' attendance at prize-giving ceremonies, press conferences, and interviews.
- Intellectual Property.
All promotional images produced by the Bank associated with the Contest, Prizes, Contest participants and Winners will be the property of the Bank. You acknowledge that you will not own any rights in such images.
- Data Protection.
By participating in the Contest, you consent to the Bank’s collection, holding, storage, use, processing, transfer, disclosure and/or reporting (whether directly or indirectly) to any relevant third party, of your personal data and/or information provided to the Bank, including but not limited to, for the purposes of organising and promoting the Contest, or otherwise for purposes relating to the Contest. You further consent and acknowledge that your personal data and/or information (i) will also be processed in line with the Bank’s privacy statement available at sc.com/sg/privacy; and (ii) may be used in accordance with the Bank’s policies, terms and conditions or notices made available by the Bank to you from time to time.
Following termination or deactivation of your FB account, or if you remove any content from your FB account, the contents posted in your Participant Post may remain on the Bank's FB page perpetually subject to FB's guidelines and rules.
You acknowledge that the Bank does not own or host FB and the relevant privacy notices and other terms and conditions found on FB will apply.
The Bank reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, suspend, withdraw and/or terminate the Contest (or part thereof) for any reason, including if a computer virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other cause (a "Disruption Event") corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, judging, or proper play of the Contest. If the Contest is so modified, suspended, withdrawn or terminated, the Bank reserves the right to award Prizes to a participant from among all Participant Posts received prior to a Disruption Event.
Notwithstanding any other provision herein, the Bank reserves the right to vary, modify, add, delete or otherwise revise any of these terms and conditions, or to terminate, withdraw the Contest, or to extend or shorten the Contest Period, without prior notice or reason (and the Bank shall not be obliged to disclose its reason therefor).
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that the Bank will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or injury or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your participation (or inability to participate) in the Contest. To the extent that the Bank suffers any claim, loss or damage due to your acts or omissions (including but not limited to your participation in the Contest or breach of any of these terms by you), you agree to indemnify and hold the Bank, the Bank's Group and their respective officers, employees and agents harmless.
You acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, FB. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that FB will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any error or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of FB and participation in the Contest.
These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with the LFC World terms and conditions (the "Other Terms"). If there are any inconsistencies between these terms and the Other Terms, these terms prevail only to the extent of such inconsistencies.
A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
All information is accurate as at the time of publication.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "Group" means, in relation to the Bank:
- any person, body corporate, partnership, firm or other entity in which the Bank directly or indirectly:
- owns more than half the capital or business assets;
- has the power to exercise fifty percent (50%) or more of the voting rights;
- has the legal power to direct or cause the direction or general management or affairs;
- has the power to appoint more than half the members of the supervisory board, board of directors or other legally representative body; or
- has the right to manage the business; any person, body corporate, partnership, firm or other entity which directly or indirectly has in or over the Bank the rights or powers listed in (a) above (a "Controller"); and/or
- any person, body corporate, partnership, firm or other entity in which a Controller directly or indirectly has the rights or powers listed above.