With all the anticipation and excitement that comes along with a vacation, everyone hopes that their holiday goes smoothly. We may not be able to control the weather or plan for all possible unforeseen scenarios, but we can take steps to avoid letting fraudsters ruin our holiday plans.
Here are some tips to stay safe as you travel:
– Be aware of your surroundings, especially in crowded places. Always keep your valuables within sight.
– Beware of strangers and check that your wallets/cards are in your possession.
– When handling your card over for payment, ensure that you do not lose sight of your card.
– Your credit card information may be stolen digitally via radio-frequency identification (RFID) skimmers. Use a RFID-blocking travel wallets during your travels to protect yourself.
Think you have been scammed or misplaced your card? Use your SC Mobile app immediately for the following requests under Help & Services:
– If you suspect your card is missing or has been misplaced, you can temporarily lock your card to disable anyone from using it. Select ‘Card Settings’ under ‘Card Management’.
– Select ‘Report Lost/ Stolen Card’ if your card has been lost or stolen. Don’t forget to make a police report as well.
– Select ‘Credit Card Transaction Dispute’ under Card Management if there are fraudulent transactions on your credit card. For debit cards, please call our Client Contact Centre.
If you do not have access to your SC Mobile app, you may call our Client Contact Centre at +65 6747 7000 and press 1 for fraud-related support.
In addition, you can also temporarily disable your online/mobile banking access if you are a victim of scam or suspect your login credentials have been compromised. Simply call our Client Contact Centre and press 9 to temporarily disable your online/ mobile banking access. Please note that by doing so, all your accounts with us (such as bank accounts and credit cards) remain active and accessible and can still be used for outgoing funds transfers. If you have an Online Trading account with us, access will also be temporarily disabled.
To reactivate your online/mobile banking access, please visit any of our branches in person.