Important changes to Personal Banking Terms and Conditions
We are changing your terms
We refer to our letter sent on 27 February 2015. As mentioned, we are replacing terms and conditions that apply to your accounts (“Accounts”) with effect 1 April 2015 (“Effective Date”).
From the Effective Date onwards, all Accounts will be governed by the latest versions of our Customer Terms and Product Terms. This includes Accounts that are governed by earlier versions of our terms and conditions (“Old Terms”).
Examples of Old Terms include:
- Standard Terms and Conditions of General Application in Singapore
- Standard Terms and Conditions Governing General Banking Facilities
- Standard Chartered Bank Cardmember’s Agreement
What’s new with the latest Customer Terms
Our latest version of Customer Terms includes (among other things):
- provisions that clarify on the ways we use your information (e.g. how we may use your information to perform credit risk, anti-money laundering, financial and fraud risk assessments and checks);
- provisions that allow us to disclose your information to additional parties (e.g. how we may disclose your information to a regulator or tax authority for the purpose of complying with orders of or agreements with such regulator or authority); and
- revisions that reflect our practice of applying our terms and conditions reasonably and fairly.
Accounts governed by Customer Terms issued before 7 October 2013
If your Account is governed by Customer Terms issued before 7 October 2013 (“Existing Customer Terms”), please click here for a summary of main changes to the Existing Customer Terms.
Accounts governed by Old Terms
If your Account is governed by Old Terms, together with the Customer Terms, the following Product Terms will apply according to the types of account:
- Deposit Products
All current, cheque, and savings accounts will be governed by the Current/Cheque/Savings Account and Time Deposit Terms
- Credit Cards, Unsecured Loans and Lines of Credit
- Credit card accounts will be governed by the Credit Card Terms
- MANHATTAN credit card accounts will be governed by the Credit Card Terms, and MANHATTAN CashBack Terms and Conditions
- Personal line of credit accounts will be governed by the Personal Loan/Personal Line of Credit/Overdraft Terms
- CreditOne personal line of credit accounts: terms that specifically apply to such accounts and which are not addressed by the Personal Loan/Personal Line of Credit/Overdraft Terms will continue to apply in addition to the Personal Loan/Personal Line of Credit/Overdraft Terms
- Co-Brand Card Products
Terms that specifically apply to your particular co-brand card accounts and which are not addressed by the Credit Card Terms shall continue to apply in addition to the Credit Card Terms.
- Accounts transferred from GE Money Pte. Ltd.
- Personal loan and renovation loan accounts will be governed by Personal Loan/Personal Line of Credit/Overdraft Terms.
- Terms that specifically apply to product features such as Last Instalment Waiver, Payment Holiday, and Interest waiver will continue to apply if your loan was granted with any such feature.
- Auto financing accounts will be governed by Auto Financing Terms
- Mortgage Products
All mortgage loan and repayment accounts will be governed by our Mortgage Facility Terms, and Current/Cheque/Savings Account and Time Deposit Terms
- Investment Products
- Investment products that are generally known as securities and which include equities, bonds, unit trusts, mutual funds and structured notes (including those issued by Standard Chartered Bank Singapore Branch or other entities of the Standard Chartered Group) will be governed primarily by Part B of the Investment Products Term
- Investment products that are generally known as Structured Investments, and are transacted directly with Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited will be governed by the Structured Investment Terms in Part C of the Investment Product Terms. Structured Investments would include Currency-Linked Structured Investments (also known as PCIs), Commodity-Linked Structured Investments (also known as CLSIs), Equity-Linked Structured Investments (also known as ELIs) and Structured Deposits placed with us.
For those who are new to Customer Terms
Our Customer Terms sets out the general terms and conditions of our personal banking relationship with you. These terms apply to each product we provide you and they apply in addition to other documents including the relevant Product Terms and the tariff sheet. Please click here for a summary of each section of these terms.
For those who have an existing investment account
If you already have an investment account, you will receive or would have received a separate notification regarding the Investment Product Terms. Please refer to that notification for further details.
For those who are holding accounts established on or after 7 October 2013
We have updated Part G of our Customer Terms to, among other things, give details about the purposes of sharing your information with our business alliance partners.
When will the changes be effective?
If you continue holding the Account(s) from the Effective Date onwards, these changes will apply to your Account(s) with effect from the Effective Date.
Where to obtain copies of these terms?
The latest version of our Customer Terms and the terms listed here are available here. You can also visit any of our branches or call 1800 747 7000 to request for hard copies of these terms.
Who can I call if I have questions on these changes?
If you have questions on the changes, please call 1800 747 7000 or visit our branch.