Important Changes to Bonus$aver Product Terms
With effect from 1 July 2016, we are revising our Bonus$aver Product Terms to introduce:
- a two-tiered card spend to replace the existing single-tier card spend;
- different bonus interest rates for eligible card spend;
- a higher cap on the Average Daily Balance (ADB) in your Bonus$aver Account for which bonus interest may be earned; and
- additional transactions that will be excluded from qualifying retail transactions, and will not be taken into consideration in determining whether you have fulfilled the requirement of minimum card spend.
Revisions to the existing Bonus$aver Product Terms
- Two-tiered card spend – (i) different bonus interest rates (for card spend) and (ii) higher ADB
The current Bonus$aver offers you up to 1.88% p.a. interest on the first S$25,000 of Average Daily Balance (ADB)1 in your Bonus$aver Account when you charge a minimum eligible card spend of S$500 per month to your linked Bonus$aver Card.
From 1 July 2016, you can earn up to 1.88% p.a. interest on the first S$100,000 of ADB in your Bonus$aver Account when you charge at least S$2,000 per month on eligible retail transactions to your linked Bonus$aver Card.
Alternatively, you can still earn up to 0.88% p.a. interest on your ADB capped at S$100,000 (up from S$25,000) if you maintain a minimum eligible card spend of at least S$500 per month.
|Minimum eligible card spend per month||Prevailing Interest + Bonus Interest (for card spend only)||Maximum ADB on which Bonus Interest may be earned||Maximum interest earned (for card spend only)|
|Current Bonus$aver||S$500||1.88% p.a.||S$25,000||S$470|
(from 1 July 2016)
1Average Daily Balance or ADB means the sum of end-of-day account balances of all days in a particular calendar month, divided by the number of days in that month.
- Transactions that do not qualify for bonus interest earned on card spend
From 1 July 2016, we will revise the list of excluded transactions to include additional categories. The following excluded transactions are not qualifying retail transactions and will not be taken into consideration when determining your eligibility for bonus interest for card spend:
- transactions arising from the use of your linked Bonus$aver cards as an ATM card at an ATM or at an EFTPOS or NETS terminal;
- balance transfers to your Bonus$aver card;
- EasyPay monthly instalments;
- online bill payments;
- income tax payments;
- payments to loans or credit facilities or deposit accounts;
- payments to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority, Ministry of Manpower and Land Transport Authority;
- EZ-link card transactions and other transit link transactions;
- top-ups of any stored value facility;
- AXS payments;
- any fees and charges (including annual fees, interest charges, cheque processing fees, administrative fees, cash advance fees, finance charges and/or late payment charges and other miscellaneous fees and charges) charged to your linked Bonus$aver card;
- any amount charged to your linked Bonus$aver card in that calendar month that is subsequently cancelled, voided or reversed;
- balance owing on your linked Bonus$aver card from previous or other months; and
- any other amount charged to your linked Bonus$aver card as we may determine from time to time
Unless otherwise specified, all other terms and conditions relating to your Bonus$aver Account remain unchanged and continue to be binding on you.
When will the changes be effective? How will the changes affect me?
If you continue holding the Bonus$aver Account with us from 1 July 2016, these changes will apply to your Bonus$aver Account with effect from 1 July 2016.
Where do I obtain copies of the revised terms?
You may obtain a copy of our revised Bonus$aver Product Terms on our website here from 1 July 2016. Alternatively, you may also call our 24-hour Client Contact Centre at 1800 747 7000 or visit any of our branches to request for hard copies of the revised Bonus$aver Product Terms from 1 July 2016.
Who can I call if I have questions on these changes?
If you have any questions on the changes, please call our 24-hour Client Contact Centre at 1800 747 7000 or visit any of our branches. For Priority Banking customers, you may wish to contact your Relationship Manager or call our 24-hour Priority Contact Centre at 1800 846 8000.