1. This Standard Chartered Priority Banking ‘Unit Trust Transfer-In’ Promotion (“Promotion”) is available from 15 June 2018 to 30 September 2018 both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms.
2. The Promotion is open to new and existing Priority Banking customers of Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (“Bank”) who:
a) complete a Personalised Investment Ideas review session with their Relationship Manager during the Promotion Period; and
b) meet all other qualifying criteria in these terms and conditions,
hereinafter known as (“Eligible Customers”).
To qualify as a Priority Banking customer, an Eligible Customer must have successfully established a Priority Banking relationship with the Bank and maintain at least S$200,000 (or its equivalent in another currency) of assets under management with the Bank.
3. Employees of (i) the Bank, (ii) Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore Branch and (iii) all other entities in the Standard Chartered Bank Group will not be eligible for this Promotion.
4. The Promotion is not valid with any other Unit Trust Transfer-In promotions / incentives, unless expressly stated.
5. If an Eligible Customer performs a qualifying transfer as described below (a “Qualifying Transfer”) during the Promotion Period, the Eligible Customer is entitled to receive the corresponding gift indicated in the table below (“Gift”):
|Minimum Qualifying Amount||Gift|
|Completes a Personalised Investment Ideas review
Successful Transfer-in of
|S$250,000 (or its equivalent in another currency) worth of Eligible UTs to be submitted in one (1) single transfer-in form||S$500 worth of shopping
|S$1,000,000 (or its equivalent in another currency) worth of Eligible UTs to be submitted in one (1) single transfer-in form
|S$2,000 worth of shopping
6. In order to qualify, the date of submission of the relevant transfer-in instruction (via the transfer-in form) given to the Bank must fall within the Promotion Period. In addition, the transfer-in form needs to contain the minimum qualifying amount (or its equivalent in another currency) of Eligible UTs and the client cannot use more than one transfer-in form to make up the minimum qualifying amount.
7. For non-Singapore dollar denominated Eligible UTs which are transferred in, their value will be converted into Singapore dollars on the transfer application date based on the relevant prevailing foreign exchange rate determined by the Bank for the calculation of Promotion entitlement.
8. The minimum qualifying amount to receive a Gift is S$250,000 (or its equivalent in another currency) of Eligible UTs transferred in, and there will be no pro rata treatment for clients who transfer in less than S$250,000.
9. In addition to the criteria set out above, to be eligible for a Gift , the Eligible Customer must not have had transferred the Eligible UT out from the Bank within 6 months prior to the date of transfer application.
10. Each Eligible Customer is limited to a maximum of 1 Gift under this Promotion, regardless of the number of Qualifying Transactions placed during the Promotion Period or the value of Eligible UTs successfully transferred in. To illustrate, if an Eligible Customer transfers in S$1,000,000 of Eligible UTs via one transfer-in form and another S$250,000 of Eligible UTs in a second transfer-in form, the Eligible Customer will still only receive 1 Gift – i.e. S$2,000 worth of shopping vouchers.
11. Eligible Customers who qualify to receive a Gift will be notified by a redemption letter sent to their mailing address according to the Bank’s records within 90 business days from the date that the transfer-in instruction was given (via the transfer-in form) to the Bank.
12. Eligible Customers consent to the Bank disclosing their information (including name, identification/ passport number, mailing address and contact number) to persons who may be engaged by the Bank to provide delivery or redemption-related services for the purposes of the Promotion (including the third party merchants who supply the Gift to the Bank). Eligible Customers must redeem the Gift within the validity period indicated in such letter, failing which the Gift will be forfeited. Only original copies of redemption letters will be accepted for redemption.
13. In the event that an Eligible Customer’s Eligible UT are for whatever reason subsequently transferred-out of the Bank within 6 months of the date they were transferred to the Bank, the Bank reserves the right to claw back the value of the corresponding Gift.
14. If there is any dispute as to whether a client has successfully completed a Personalised Investment Ideas review session with their Relationship Manager, the decision of the Bank based on its records shall be final.
15. For the purposes of the Promotion:
(a) “Eligible UT” means UT investment products which the Eligible Customer holds in his name with another financial institution in Singapore and which are also available for subscription through the Bank, but do not include:
(i) exchange traded funds; and
(ii) investments purchased through the Eligible Customer’s CPF-OA/SA or SRS UT holdings, i.e. Non-cash UT holdings.
(b) “Successful Transfer-in” means:
(i) the investment product(s) holdings to be transferred are as stated on the transfer form for the transfer;
(ii) the exact number of units of the holdings are as stated in the transfer form for the transfer; and
(iii) the holdings and the exact number of units are transferred within 3 months of the date the instruction is given to the Bank.
16. The Gift is not transferable or exchangeable for cash or credit or otherwise.
17. You accept the Gift as it is and subject to any terms and conditions that the supplier of the Gift may impose. Any of the Gift that is not utilised by the expiry date stipulated by the supplier of the Gift will be forfeited. The Bank is not the supplier of the Gift and is not obliged to assist or act on your behalf in communicating with the supplier of the Gift for any reason.
18. The Gift is provided by third party merchants who are not participants or sponsors of the Promotion. The Bank is not an agent of the merchant and makes no representation or warrant as to the quality or condition or fitness for purpose or other implied terms or conditions with respect to any of the Gift. Any dispute about quality or condition of the Gift is to be resolved directly between Eligible Customer and the merchant. The Bank will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever arising in connection with the Gift.
19. We reserve the right to determine at our sole and absolute discretion all matters arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, including your eligibility for the Promotion. Our decision in all matters arising out of or in connection with the Promotion is final and conclusive and no correspondence will be entertained.
20. We may at any time vary, modify, add or delete any of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion including replacing any of the Gift with another item of similar or equivalent value, and to terminate, withdraw, extend or shorten the Promotion, without prior notice or reason. Please visit our branches or our website at www.sc.com/sg for the latest terms and conditions applicable to the Promotion.
21. In the event of any inconsistency between the Promotion T&Cs and any brochures, marketing or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these Promotion T&Cs shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
22. Please read these Promotion T&Cs in conjunction with the Bank’s prevailing terms and conditions including the Customer Terms, Current/Cheque/Savings Account and Investment Product Terms (collectively “Other Terms“). In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and the Other Terms, these terms prevail only to the extent of such inconsistency.
23. A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap.53B) to enforce any of the Promotion T&Cs.
24. The Promotion T&Cs are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
25. All information is correct at time of print.
Investment Product Disclaimer: The tool and this document is for general information only and it does not constitute an offer, recommendation, solicitation to enter into any transaction or adopt any hedging, trading or investment strategy, in relation to any securities or other financial instruments. The ideas generated by the tool and this document have not been prepared for any particular person or class of persons and does not constitute and should not be construed as investment advice nor an investment recommendation. We are not providing portfolio monitoring services. It has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person. You should seek advice from a financial adviser on the suitability of an investment for you, taking into account these factors before making a commitment to invest in an investment. You should not rely on the ideas generated by the digital tool to execute any trades on your own. You should discuss your overall investment holdings, particular circumstances, needs and objectives with your financial advisor and seek advice from your financial adviser on the suitability of an investment idea for you, taking into account these factors before making a commitment to invest in an investment.
Investment products are not deposits and each of the investment products mentioned does not qualify as an insured deposit under the Singapore Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners’ Protection Schemes Act 2011.