Our Security Features
To ensure a safer online banking environment, we have implemented these security features:
Standard Chartered Online Banking currently uses:
- SSL 3.0, RC4 with 128-bit encryption (high)
- RSA with 1024-bit exchange to ensure data (password) protection and data integrity protection
To access Standard Chartered Online Banking, you need a unique combination of Username and PIN. We have also introduced these additional measures to protect your account:
- Limited repeated attempts to login.
- Automatic log out if there is no activity for a period of time. You will need to log in again if you wish to continue with the service.
Our security measures are consistent with international best practices and consist of:
- Packet filtering routers
- Other security solutions that are aimed at safeguarding the system and protecting the interests of our customers.
Monitoring & Audit
We have various security monitoring systems and processes in place that detect unauthorised activity. In addition, regular security reviews conducted by internal and external auditors ensure our surveillance systems are secure.