Other than to those individuals and entities listed below your details will not be revealed by SCB to any external body, unless SCB has your permission, or is under either a legal obligation or any other duty to do so. For the purposes detailed above, your information may be disclosed to:
- other Branches or Companies in the SCB Group (ie. SCB, its subsidiaries and affiliates);
- any regulatory, supervisory, governmental or quasi-governmental authority with jurisdiction over SCB Group members;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider, professional adviser or any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the SCB Group;
- credit reference agencies and, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- any actual or potential participant or sub-participant in, assignee, novatee or transferee of, any of the SCB Group's rights and/or obligations in relation to you;
- any financial institution with which SCB has or proposes to have dealings.
The above disclosures may require the transfer of your information to parties located in countries that do not offer the same level of data protection as your home country. However, SCB will ensure that parties to whom your details are transferred treat your information securely and confidentially. SCB also pledges its intention fully to meet any internationally recognised standards of personal data privacy protection and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may transfer your information if it is necessary to perform our contract with you and by providing details to SCB via this Web Site you are deemed to consent to any other transfers.
Information held about you is retained as long as the purpose for which the information was collected continues. The information is then destroyed unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect SCB's interests. As a general rule, the maximum retention period is 7 years.
It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.
- allow us to recognise the PC you are using when you return to our web site so that we can understand your interest in our web site and tailor its content and advertisements to match your interests (This type of cookie may be stored permanently on your PC but does not contain any information that can identify you personally.);
- identify you after you have logged in by storing a temporary reference number in the cookie so that our web server can conduct a dialogue with you while simultaneously dealing with other customers. (Your browser keeps this type of cookie until you log off or close down your browser when these types of cookie are normally deleted. No other information is stored in this type of cookie.);
- allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter that information;
- allow you access to stored information if you register for any of our on-line services;
- enable us to produce statistical information (anonymous) which helps us to improve the structure and content of our web site;
- enable us to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions.
Cookies do not enable us to gather personal information about you unless you give the information to our server. Most Internet browser software allows the blocking of all cookies or enables you to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. For further information, please refer to your Internet browser software instructions or help screen. Alternatively, information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org
In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorised activities, SCB reserves the right to monitor all internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of its domains.
Your Rights and How to Contact Us
You may have the right under data protection legislation on payment of a fee to request access to personal information about you held by us and to have it corrected where appropriate. If you have that right and you wish to access, correct or delete any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning our Data Protection and Privacy Statement please contact the relevant SCB Data Protection representative. You may also have the right to access details held by credit reference agencies and SCB will supply details of the relevant agencies upon request. For the UK please write to: The Regional Head of Legal & Compliance UK/Europe, 1 Basinghall Avenue, London EC2V 5DD, England. (Fax number: (+44) (0)20 7885 1871). Other local SCB web sites may have details of local Data Protection Officers.
In providing your telephone, facsimile number, postal and e-mail address or similar details, you agree that SCB may contact you by these methods to keep you informed about SCB products and services or for any other reason. If you prefer not to be kept informed of SCB products and services, please contact SCB by E-mail.
SCB reserves the right to amend its prevailing Data Protection and Privacy Statement at any time and will place any such amendments on this Web Site. This Data Protection and Privacy Statement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights whatsoever or any other legal rights, nor does it create any obligations on SCB in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party.