We know how important it is to save for that rainy day or something special. That's why our interest earning savings accounts are designed to provide you with convenience and simplicity for all your savings needs no matter how big or small. What's more, our different types of savings accounts provide you with a wide array of benefits, options and advantages.
All our savings accounts offer you peace of mind by making sure the basics are in place to make your saving simple and convenient. We have accounts for both individuals and groups of savers. All our accounts offer great benefits.
Safari Savings Account
We know you have big dreams for your future, for yourself and your family. With Safari Savings Account we help you save for them all.
The Safari Savings Account offers great benefits
- Competitive interest rates
- No monthly service fees
- Low minimum opening deposits
- Free quarterly cash withdrawal
- Free cash, cheque deposits and standing orders into the account
- Free half yearly statement
- Also available in foreign currency
- Minimum opening balance of Ugx 50,000 required
- Only one free withdrawal permissible per calendar quarter
Safari Jnr Account
Nothing is more important to you than your children. With our Safari Junior children's account, you can help your children save for the future while teaching them the importance of saving. At Standard Chartered we understand that securing your children's future is important to you and that's why the Safari Junior account was introduced as the first children's account in Uganda with an insurance benefit of up to Ugx 25m.
The Safari Junior Account offers great benefits
- An insurance benefit of up to UGX 25 Million
- No monthly account maintenance fees
- Unrestricted free deposits
- Free E-Statements
- Free Standing orders into the account from any Standard Chartered account
Extra benefits include;
- One Free dental check-up for the child per holiday. Our dental partner is Pan Dental on Buganda Road.
- Discounts on the Childs Uniforms. Our partner for uniforms is unique uniforms at Uganda House on Kampala Road.
- A free Estate Planning consultation. Kiwanuka & Karugire Advocates are our partners for estate planning.
Account features include;
- Opening and Minimum account balance of UGX 50,000
- Account is available in Uganda shillings only
- 1 free cash withdrawal per Calendar Quarter. Extra withdraws will be billed at UGX 10,000 and UGX 10,000 will be charged as a fall below minimum balance fee.
Account Opening Requirements
- Follow regular account opening process by completing the Safari Junior account opening form
- The Trustee will be required to sign next to their photo for Signature capturing
- 2 passport size photos for the child and 1 for the trustee, guardian or parent
- One half of the Terms and Conditions page will be given to the customer
- A Safari Junior card will be issued with the child's photo and the trustees' signature will be captured for account operations