Standard Chartered Bank US is a licensed branch of Standard Chartered PLC, headquartered in the UK. The Americas franchise’s primary focus is to provide financial products and services to multi-national corporations, financial institutions and development organizations. In doing so, facilitate trade and investment flows between the Americas and the Group's core geographies of Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Standard Chartered Americas is present in multiple locations in North and South America:
Manhattan (New York): Americas headquarters with client facing teams from Corporate and Institutional Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Markets and Corporate Finance
Newark (New Jersey): Technology & Operations, Financial Crime Compliance
San Francisco (California): Supports Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) clients and Sanctions Filtering operations. Present in Silicon Valley through SC Studios, which keep the Bank engaged with emerging technology trends and opportunities
Houston (Texas): Oil & Gas client hub
Argentina and Colombia: “Banker’s Bank” focused on Correspondent Banking and Financial Market Services
Sao Paulo: Latin America hub with client facing teams across Transaction Banking, Financial Markets and Corporate Finance
The key products offered include trade finance services, cash management, treasury, foreign exchange, interest rate products, derivatives and corporate finance.
“Being able to support clients expanding internationally is a key strength that few banks can match. Established in New York in 1902, the Americas franchise has a strong and diverse talent pool of employees; over 55 nationalities are represented. It is this kind of diversity that helps us to understand local markets, challenge preconceptions or limitations and deliver true value to our clients.”
Torry Berntsen, Chief Executive Officer, Americas and Head Corporate & Institutional Banking, Americas
Standard Chartered Bank US is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. Standard Chartered's heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, "Here for good".
Standard Chartered in the Americas - General Facts
- We employ over 1,200 people, representing over 50 nationalities.
- Over 40% of our employees are women.
- We are the world's seventh largest U.S. Dollar clearer (according to CHIPS - Clearing House Interbank Payments System), averaging $195 billion per day.
- Strong expertise in industry verticals: oil and gas, metals and mining, agricultural commodities, and technology, media and telecommunications
- Key products include trade finance services, cash management, treasury, foreign exchange and interest rate products, commodity finance, and structured import and export finance services.
- We are present in Latin America via representative offices in Colombia and Argentina focused on Financial Institutions. Our bank subsidiary in Sao Paulo, Brazil, offers local FX and interest rates markets besides key global products offered in the network.