Standard Chartered Bank US is a licensed branch of Standard Chartered PLC, headquartered in the UK. The Bank has a Corporate & Institutional Banking business in the US and has offices in Manhattan (New York), Newark (New Jersey), San Francisco (California), Houston (Texas), Miami (Florida) and Washington DC.
Through its Corporate & Institutional Banking business, the Bank provides financial products and services to multi-national corporations, financial institutions and development organizations. Key products offered include trade finance services, cash management, treasury, foreign exchange and interest rate products, commodity finance, structured import and export finance services. The Bank's primary function is to facilitate trade and investment flows between the Americas and the Group's core geographies of Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Standard Chartered Bank US is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. Standard Chartered's heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, "Here for good".
Standard Chartered in the Americas - General Facts
- We employ over 1,100 people, representing over 50 nationalities.
- Close to 50% of our employees are women.
- We are the world's seventh largest U.S. Dollar clearer (according to CHIPS - Clearing House Interbank Payments System), averaging over $200 billion per day.
- Strong expertise in industries such as oil and gas, mining, metals, and agricultural commodities
- Key products include trade finance services, cash management, treasury, foreign exchange and interest rate products, commodity finance, and structured import and export finance services.
- Our subsidiary in Sao Paulo, Brazil provides an on-shore presence in local foreign exchange and interest rate markets, local capital markets origination and underwriting.
- 13 locations in the US, Canada and Latin America.