Make an online purchase at any website with the 'Verified by Visa' sign.
Enter your Standard Chartered credit or debit card details during the checkout process.
You will receive a One Time Password sent to your mobile phone and email address.
You’ll be asked to enter the One Time Password you receive.
Your transaction will be completed and you can relax knowing you are protected.
- What is 3D Secure™?
3D Secure™ is an online security feature powered by Visa for credit transactions carried out online. It protects you from unauthorized online purchases as you will be required to provide a one-time password (OTP) that is sent to your registered mobile number when making purchases on websites bearing the "Verified by Visa" sign.
- Is 3D Secure™ applicable for all online purchases?
No, this additional authentication process is applicable only to websites that have enabled the security feature. You will know if the website is enabled for 3D Secure™ if the "Verified by Visa" sign is displayed on the website.
- How does 3D Secure™ protect me against unauthorized transactions?
Before you can complete your online purchase, you must enter a one-time password (OTP), that will be sent to your mobile number and/or email address. This additional authorization step ensures that only the cardholder will have the password required to complete the transaction.
- How much does the 3D Secure™ feature cost?
It is a free security feature on all Standard Chartered credit.
- Do I need to apply for a new Standard Chartered credit card to enable the 3D Secure™ feature?
No, it is applicable across all Standard Chartered Chip and PIN credit cards.
- How can I update my mobile number and email address?
Contact Phone Banking on 0800 22 099 or +962 6 565 8011 if calling from overseas (Personal Banking customers).
Contact phone banking on 0800 22 828 or +962 6 551 9206 if calling from overseas (Priority Banking clients).
Or You can visit the nearest branch.
Need to Know
- Need to Know
- The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address. Please ensure that they are both updated on our records.
- Enable pop-up windows in your browser as you must enter the One Time Password (OTP) on a pop-up window on the payment page.
- Some websites are not 3D Secure™ compliant and do not ask for a One Time Password (OTP) to authorize the transactions.
Standard Chartered Bank (the “Bank”) is committed to maintaining a culture of the highest ethics and integrity, and in compliance with all applicable law, regulation and internal policy. As part of this commitment, the Bank has a ‘Speaking Up’ programme through which genuine concerns in this regard can be raised. Members of the public can securely raise Speaking Up concerns through this hyperlink, which is hosted on behalf of the Bank by a third party ‘InTouch’. Examples of concerns that can be raised through this website are concerns that relate to accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters and concerns relating to bribery or banking and financial crime. Concerns received will be forwarded to the Bank’s investigations team for review. Complaints relating to SCB banking services should not be raised through this site in the first instance, but through the SCB branch network, contact centres, Relationship Managers or the ‘Contact Us’ webpage.