- Country Chief Executive Officer: Ralph Watungwa
- Local time: GMT +2 hours
- Languages: English, Shona & Ndebele.
- Population: 12 million +
- Currency : Multiple currencies currently in use: United States Dollar (USD), South African Rand (ZAR), Botswana Pula (BWP), British Pound (GBP) & Euro (EUR)
- No. of Branches/Outlets: 29
- Established: 1892
Review of Operations
- Standard Chartered Bank has operated for over 150 years and aims to be the world’s best international Bank. We are one of the world’s most international banks with over 1700 branches in 70 markets across the globe.
- We are the oldest financial institution in Zimbabwe having been established in 1892.
- The Bank’s Sustainability approach to business ensures that it delivers benefits through its Economic, Environmental, Governance and Social contributions to the communities where our staff live and work.
- With more than 120 years of service in Zimbabwe, we continue to be committed to the country and positively contribute to its financial sector.
- Our brand promise –Here for good means sustainable and long term commitment to the people of Zimbabwe.
- The Bank offers a wide range of personal banking products and services including transactional account services, bancassurance and personal loans. Through our branch and ATM network across Zimbabwe, we have remained at the forefront of providing access to financial services to over 90,000 customers.
- Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe Limited also offers a wide range of products and services for local corporates as well as for multi-national corporations (MNCs). Product portfolios comprise cash management, trade services, lending, treasury and custody services. Supported by the Bank's global network, we are able to provide financial expertise in cross-border structured transactions, fixed income, currency market and research.
- Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe Limited is highly respected in the country for its adherence to corporate governance standards, enthusiasm for excellent service and dedication to talent development, as well as for diversity and inclusion. It has a highly active community and volunteering program and is committed towards building a sustainable business in Zimbabwe.
Standard Chartered Bank
1st Floor, Africa Unity Square Building
P.O. Box 373, Harare, Zimbabwe