- Country Chief Executive Officer: Ralph Watungwa
- Local time: GMT +2 hours
- Language: English, Shona & Ndebele.
- Population: 12 million+
- Currency name: Zimbabwe Dollar (ZWL – demonetized in 2009). Multiple currencies in use: United States Dollar (USD), South African Rand (ZAR), Botswana Pula (BWP), British Pound (GBP) & Euro (EUR)
- No. of branches: 25
- Established: 1892
Review of Operations
- We were the first financial institution to be established in Zimbabwe.
- After more than 120 years of service in Zimbabwe, we continue to be committed to the country and positively contribute to Zimbabwe's financial sector.
- We were first in the country to introduce customer conveniences such as ATMs, phone banking, electronic banking services and internet banking (for our corporate clients). These have contributed to making the banking practices in Zimbabwe comparable to the best in the world.
- The Bank's Consumer Banking business offers a wide range of personal banking products and services including transactional account services, Bancassurance and personal loans. Key segments namely Retail Banking Products and SME Banking are supported by a wide distribution network (Branches & ATMs) as well as robust credit, risk management, sales and marketing teams.
- The Wholesale Banking business also offers a wide range of products and services for local corporates as well as for multi-national corporations (MNCs). Product portfolios comprise cash management, trade services, lending, treasury and custody services. Supported by the Bank's global network, Wholesale Banking is able to provide financial expertise in cross-border structured transactions, fixed income, currency market and research.
- Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe is highly respected in the country for its adherence to corporate governance standards, enthusiasm for excellent service and dedication to talent development, as well for diversity and inclusion. It has a highly active community and volunteering program and is committed towards building a sustainable business in Zimbabwe.
Principal Office Address
2nd Floor Mutual Centre
P.O. Box 373, Harare, Zimbabwe
Tel: +263 4 752852-8, 253801-8
Fax: +263 4 752609