- What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is a simple, hassle-free, secure mobile phone banking service available to all Standard Chartered customers in Zimbabwe. Currently the service is available to Econet, Telecel and NetOne subscribers.
- Do I have to pay for using this service?
Please refer to the tariff guides for the latest charges, however all registered Mobile Banking users will receive free SMS alerts for selected debit card transactions.
- Can I access the service from overseas?
Yes, as long as you have roaming on your phone.
- How secure is this service?
The risks for using the service have been minimised in that funds can only be transferred to Standard Chartered nominated accounts. Even if someone steals your mobile phone and somehow finds out your PIN, the worst thing that can happen is they can check your balance, transfer funds to your nominated accounts (spouse, child etc.) top up your phone and probably pay your bills. They can't transfer funds to their own accounts if they have not been nominated. Please note that you can nominate an account for a one-time transfer and immediately request for a deletion.
- What precautions should I take for this Mobile service?
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your Mobile banking password, you should take the following precautions:
- DO NOT reveal your password to anyone, write down or use it where someone else can see.
- Change your password IMMEDIATELY, using the 'My Settings' service, if you suspect it has been revealed.
- DO NOT use easily recognized numbers such as your telephone number etc. as your password.
- What should I do if I suspect there are unauthorized transactions on my account?
If you suspect there are unauthorized transactions on your account, please report to our Call Centre. Please provide details such as your name, account number, transaction type, date & time of transaction, description of error and amount involved.
- Who can apply for this service?
To register for Mobile Banking, a customer must have a StanChart account and (currently) must be an Econet, Telecel and NetOne subscriber.
- How do I apply for this service?
You will need to complete an 'application form' and submit to the branch or via the Contact Centre.