Group recruitment privacy statement
This Group Recruitment Privacy Statement relates to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data throughout the recruitment process by any member of the Standard Chartered Group (including affiliates and subsidiaries) (“SCB”, “we” “our” or “us”).
The personal data we process in relation to you is provided by you, third parties, collected through the SCB website, publicly available sources or generated during your application for your employment with us, through any media.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data that we may process, as appropriate throughout the recruitment process includes, but is not limited to:
- name and contact details (such as telephone number, e-mail address and postal address);
- date of birth;
- current and previous employment details (including salary/bonus and employee benefits schemes);
- academic background (such as your university or school diplomas/certificates and other educational achievements);
- languages spoken and level of proficiency;
- job preferences including willingness to travel and/or relocate;
- gender (information about gender are not mandatory in case of Polish citizens applying for a job in Standard Chartered);
- marital status;
- results of any pre-employment testing such as psychometric testing;
- evidence of identity such as national ID/passport/resident card;
- immigration status and work permits including employment pass/work authorisations or other relevant documents;
- video, photographic images or audio recordings submitted or made as part of the recruitment process
We also process personal data provided by you in relation to third parties when it relates to your application for employment with SCB such as details of your referees. It is your responsibility to ensure anyone about whom you provide us with personal data is made aware that you are providing their personal data and for what purpose.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
We collect your Personal Data when you submit a job application and/or create a profile through our Careers, Graduate Recruitment, or approved third party websites (the “websites”).
Social Network Sites
We collect Personal Data about you from other sources, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+ (“Social Network Sites”) when you choose to provide us with a link to your profile on any Social Network Site as part of your job application or you elect to sign-in to the websites via those Social Network Sites through the integrated functionality available on the websites. If you sign-in to the websites through Social Network Sites, we will collect your Personal Data from certain fields on these sites by taking a snapshot and merging this with other data captured through the online application form to create a single profile. In addition to the Personal Data set out above, we will collect the following Personal Data from Social Network Sites:
- LinkedIn: Personal Data contained in the following fields: name, headline and summary, job title, current employer, employment history, recommendations and contact details made publicly available (such as phone number and email address). Your LinkedIn connections are not collected.
- Facebook: Personal Data contained in the following fields: first name, last name, email, employer and job title. Your “likes”, “comments”, “friends lists/details” and “wall posts” are not collected.
- Google+: Personal Data contained in the following fields: first name, last name and public website
We will not collect your photographs or videos from any Social Network Site unless you submit a photograph or video voluntarily as part of your recruitment application.
We may also obtain your contact details from publicly available sources, including content that you have made public on other Social Network Sites or similar sites for professional purposes to make initial contact with you for recruitment purposes. If we contact you in this way you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving any further information about career opportunities with SCB and you can subsequently opt out at any time by contacting email@example.com
Your Personal Data may be provided to SCB by recruitment agencies with whom you have registered an interest in working for SCB. Where a recruitment agency refers you to us, a profile will be created for you in our recruitment database based on the information provided and you will receive a notification asking you to log in and complete your candidate profile through a website. Candidates who do not log in and complete their profile within one month will have their profile deleted. Records will be maintained of who decided not to progress so that they are not contacted again.
Your Personal Data may also be collected from third parties during the recruitment process such as references from previous employers.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The processing of your Personal Data for recruitment purposes is:
- necessary to consider whether to enter into an employment relationship with you;
- necessary to comply with any legal right or obligations to which we are subject in relation to your employment of engagement; or
- carried out with your consent, to carry out criminal record checks and pre-employment searches with a credit reference agency, where countries laws permit (not performed for Polish citizens to be hired by Standard Chartered);
and includes but is not limited to the following:
- to process your application including to identify and contact you;
- to determine whether you have the professional skills, expertise and experience for the position applied for;
- if you are offered a position with SCB, to verify the personal data provided including your identity, address, right to work, employment history and academic background and other background screening purposes including, where allowed by law, criminal record checks, searches with a credit reference agency and sanctions screening checks;
- to assist in the administration of the Group’s global recruitment programme,recruitment campaign planning, and compliance with related internal policies; and
- to provide you with information about other job vacancies if you would like the SCB to send you such notifications, which may include using data analytics to match your profile against vacant positions
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
SCB operates globally and any authorised employee, agent and adviser in any country may be involved in processing your recruitment application. They may have access your full candidate profile, interview record psychometric test and background screening results.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to any of the following for any of the purposes outlined above:
- professional advisers, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to the SCB;
- any person in connection with litigation or other legal proceedings, to obtain legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by Law and/or Regulation;
- any court, tribunal, Regulatory Authority or Governmental Entity; to third parties to provide references at your request or with your consent; and
- third parties to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under any agreement, including but not limited to a potential merger or acquisition of all or part of the Group’s business
In some circumstances, we may provide your personal data to a third party who will determine how and why it will be processed. For example, where allowed by law we may require successful candidates to complete a pre-employment health assessment. The Group is an equal opportunities employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and will always consider any adjustments which could be made to accommodate ill health or disability.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is retained as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is collected and to meet legal, regulatory and operational requirements. Retention periods may differ for each country. At the end of the retention period, non-identifiable data is kept for management information purposes.
SCB may also retain your contact information for the purposes of inviting you to join our Talent Network. If you join our Talent Network, you will receive information about SCB, invitations to events and/or receive information regarding job opportunities that may be relevant to your skills. If you choose not to join the Talent Network, we will record that fact and will only retain the minimum personal data necessary to ensure you are not contacted again about the Talent Network.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your Personal Data is important to us and SCB implements technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
As an international organisation, SCB manages its people resources on a global basis and authorised personnel may access your Personal Data in any country in which SCB operates. Your Personal Data may therefore be transferred to employees, agents, advisors or third party service suppliers, and other third parties authorised to act on our behalf in countries that may not offer equivalent data protection or privacy laws to that of the country where you are located. When using external service providers, we require that they adhere to security standards mandated by SCB and regardless of where personal data is transferred, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that it is kept securely.
If you are applying for a position in the European Union (“EU”) and your personal data is processed in a country outside of the EU, we will put in place contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission as providing an adequate level of protection.
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorised third parties. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of your Personal Data in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
UPDATING YOUR RECRUITMENT PROFILE
If you choose to create a profile on any of our websites or any other recruitment channel, it is your responsibility to maintain and update the personal data provided by you in your profile and SCB may from time to time request, via email that you update your Personal Data to ensure it is accurate. You can access, update or delete your Personal Data in your profile at any time.
If you are offered a position with SCB, the accuracy of the personal data you have provided will be verified by our third party background screening vendors.
A criminal record search will be undertaken where allowed by applicable law. You may also be required to consent to such checks being undertaken. If you do not give your consent where required, we will not be able to continue with the recruitment process including the withdrawal of an offer of employment. SCB has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders which is available on request.
Where there are anomalies or discrepancies you will be contacted by a recruitment specialist and you may be required to supply further personal data to enable further enquiries/verification to be completed.
If you do not provide information where requested, provide misleading, false or inaccurate information or withhold any material information, we reserve the right to stop the recruitment process including withdrawing an offer of employment.
SCB recruitment activities are generally not aimed at minors. If you are a minor in the relevant jurisdiction, you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before contacting SCB in relation to recruitment.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Group Recruitment Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites where SCB online recruitment advertisements are displayed or to linked third-party websites which SCB does not operate or control.
UPDATES TO THE GROUP RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Group Recruitment Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time and it is your responsibility to visit our websites regularly for the most recent version.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to access, correct or request deletion of your Personal Data other than your profile through the website, or have questions regarding this Statement please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are registered to receive job alerts or other information and then subsequently you no longer wish to receive such information from us, you have the option at any time to amend your profile choices so as not to receive such job alerts and/or other information from us.
YOUR RIGHT TO ERASURE
You may have the right in some circumstances to ask for some of your personal data to be deleted, for example when there is no longer a valid reason to process it. This is not an absolute right to have any personal data deleted that you wish.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT TO OR RESTRICT THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In some circumstances you may have the right to object to how we process your Personal Data or restrict its processing but this does not mean you can decide or choose how we process your Personal Data. If you have any concerns about how we process your Personal Data, please email: email@example.com
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
If we undertake any profiling that will result in an automated decision relating to you, we will do so on the basis we think it is necessary in relation to your recruitment or with your consent; we will let you know and you will have the right to discuss the decision.
If you have a complaint in relation to the processing of your personal data and you are not happy with the way we deal with it, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at: email@example.com or at
Standard Chartered Bank AG,
60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Telefon: +49 69 770 750 0
Telefax: +49 69 770 750 100
You also have the right to complain to the local data protection authority,
Der Hessische Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Prof. Dr. Michael Ronellenfitsch
Telefon: 0611-1408 0
Telefax: 0611-1408 611
This Statement was last updated on 1 March 2019